How Did Jesus Have Patience With People?

Now you know how I feel. You're telling me he didn't swear because of what's in the Bible. Come on dude. We know the Bible doesn't say EVERYTHING.

You don't know he didn't swear, as much as you don't know when he took a shit.

Fine,.. believe what you want I don't care but now you're starting to get off topic.

Well, apparently this is about whether Jesus had patience with people, and it was YOU who brought up swearing.

The reality is I don't believe anything. You're the one telling me you BELIEVE he didn't swear and your "evidence" for that is so lacking.

I merely changed the word "swearing" to "shitting" and you think it's all of a sudden ridiculous.

The reality is the Bible is a political book, it was edited, changed, it's gone through 2000 years and many translations. It's not good evidence for much at all.
If to be real in the things of God the kind of evidence you apparently would require would indeed be lacking. God's truth is not impossible to find, but the pathway to it is definite and you are not on it... so your conclusion is understandable. You have your allotted time to do with as you will and as you can.

Problem is if you're born in a Christian country then "God's truth" is very different than if you're born in a Muslim country.

How weird's that?
God's Truth is as God is, unchangeable. People are changeable. God is looking at the hearts of people and working with those who are hungry and thirsty or sometimes using those to accomplish thing we may not want to hear about. What a person has access to where he dwell is weighed against what is available to that person and what he has done with it.

Mt 5:6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Lu 12:48But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
That which is available in a Muslim country would be different than what is available in the United States or in Haiti. God knows the differences better than any man. "Much is given... much is required"

God can measure those thing which is why Jesus says ,

Mt 7:1Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mt 7:2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
one bible but a thousand different churches...something smells
Yes, it is people that smell. The ones sitting faithfully in the pews also have working sweat glands. Who has already overcome the world of the flesh as did Jesus? Who is now working to do that in himself or asking God to help him in that? Alone no one can get rid of all the stink of self working for selfish purposes.

Also...I read somewhere, where she said she saw a thread(s) where some people were making fun of other people and it was mean and nasty. The only place I can think of where that is a daily occurance, is the FZ. I told her not to go there. So now I wonder..is she LOOKING to find something to complain about?

Short story: Yes, they can be mean and nasty in there. I had no control over myself and went there to fight with them via words. It was making me feel nasty too, and I was no better giving tit for tat. So..I asked admin to ban me since I had no self control. I can't see in there. Don't want to see in there. I KNOW what happens in the FZ because I was part of it myself.
BUT...when the Paradise Fire hit and I lost everything, many of those folks donated to a gofundme that was set up by one of them. So..the lesson I learned was...they like what they do. They enjoy themselves. Not my cuppa tea, but what the hell? Who am I to tell them how to behave on MY terms?

So...if she is looking for a fight, she went to the right place. If she wants to NOT be unchristian...she needs to stay out of there cuz they do what they do. Period.

I know..that was off topic, but if I got the gist she was maybe looking for some trouble and found it, then others probably picked up on that as well.
I have a song for that :)

I have a better one. Listen to the lyrics!

And..the next time someone feels bad for whatever, listen to what he says.

NA's had a helluva time...and still do. And think about those indigenous kids recently found in mass burial graves in Canada.

Christianity is not innocent.

That reminds of this scene in The Kingdom of Heaven, where Ibilen and Salahuddin are negotiating terms for the Surrender of Jerusalem.
They are not of the same faith, but they worship the same God, and they both swear to God.

Last edited:

NA's had a helluva time...and still do. And think about those indigenous kids recently found in mass burial graves in Canada.

Don't conflate mere religion or corrupt churches with Christianity. I didn't watch the whole video, but whenever people bring up things like that I always direct them to the words of Jesus. He said that if someone doesn't want to hear the message of the Gospel, shake the dust off your feet and walk out the door. Not forcibly convert anyone. He also taught to love not only your neighbor but love even your enemies. So any corrupt churches or fake Christians who did horrible things under the banner of religion were certainly not acting in a true Christian way, in other words in a way that is in harmony with the teachings of Jesus.

TPTB at the time are the ones that CHOSE which gospels would go in that bible. And back then, women were considered less than a horse. Hence, Mary's gospel was not included. Depending on which one was the author, that was the factor on who got in the "big book" and who didn't. Sorta like Twatter and Lame Stream Media on who chooses to report whatever story and silencing others.

Which is why I take the whole thing with a big grain of salt. I don't need a book to make me love God/Jesus. I do that on my own, while trudging along on my very alone path, which is exactly how I want it.

Jesus is the Word made flesh. So it's always interesting to me when people love Jesus but reject the Bible. What are you basing your view of Jesus on?

BTW, I get where you're coming from… I used to feel that way, in my B.C days. If you have time and you're interested in this topic, please read the book The Case for Christ, by Lee Strobel. It addresses all the objections people have to the Bible, including things that you mentioned.

Now you know how I feel. You're telling me he didn't swear because of what's in the Bible. Come on dude. We know the Bible doesn't say EVERYTHING.

You don't know he didn't swear, as much as you don't know when he took a shit.

Fine,.. believe what you want I don't care but now you're starting to get off topic.

Well, apparently this is about whether Jesus had patience with people, and it was YOU who brought up swearing.

The reality is I don't believe anything. You're the one telling me you BELIEVE he didn't swear and your "evidence" for that is so lacking.

I merely changed the word "swearing" to "shitting" and you think it's all of a sudden ridiculous.

The reality is the Bible is a political book, it was edited, changed, it's gone through 2000 years and many translations. It's not good evidence for much at all.
If to be real in the things of God the kind of evidence you apparently would require would indeed be lacking. God's truth is not impossible to find, but the pathway to it is definite and you are not on it... so your conclusion is understandable. You have your allotted time to do with as you will and as you can.

Problem is if you're born in a Christian country then "God's truth" is very different than if you're born in a Muslim country.

How weird's that?
God's Truth is as God is, unchangeable. People are changeable. God is looking at the hearts of people and working with those who are hungry and thirsty or sometimes using those to accomplish thing we may not want to hear about. What a person has access to where he dwell is weighed against what is available to that person and what he has done with it.

Mt 5:6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Lu 12:48But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
That which is available in a Muslim country would be different than what is available in the United States or in Haiti. God knows the differences better than any man. "Much is given... much is required"

God can measure those thing which is why Jesus says ,

Mt 7:1Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mt 7:2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

"God's Truth is as God is, unchangeable. "

Right, but then humans' interpretation of it is very changeable.
I certainly agree! A multitude of Christian denominations are one result of this. People sometimes are often looking for churches that suit their own [selfish] current beliefs and interests, whereas God, as I believe it, is looking for hearts that are truly seeking Him. God loves us but how many people really love Him as opposed to putting on a show. God knows the difference. God will help a person change if the person is really wanting to approach Him whatever the cost.

How selfish are we? Jesus, as man of flesh demonstrated a selfless ideal which alone is impossible for any man to manifest or to emulate.

Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. [Phil 2:3]

The problem here is that you're making a God who is very convenient for humans.

Humans are emotional creatures. Many humans feel the need to be loved, to feel people care about them. So we make a God who fills that role. Those people who need love more than others will be the ones more likely to believe.

Why doesn't God love cows?

Don't conflate mere religion or corrupt churches with Christianity. I didn't watch the whole video, but whenever people bring up things like that I always direct them to the words of Jesus. He said that if someone doesn't want to hear the message of the Gospel, shake the dust off your feet and walk out the door. Not forcibly convert anyone. He also taught to love not only your neighbor but love even your enemies. So any corrupt churches or fake Christians who did horrible things under the banner of religion were certainly not acting in a true Christian way, in other words in a way that is in harmony with the teachings of Jesus.

And then again "fake Christians" will talk about how everyone else is a "fake Christian".....

Also...I read somewhere, where she said she saw a thread(s) where some people were making fun of other people and it was mean and nasty. The only place I can think of where that is a daily occurance, is the FZ. I told her not to go there. So now I wonder..is she LOOKING to find something to complain about?

Short story: Yes, they can be mean and nasty in there. I had no control over myself and went there to fight with them via words. It was making me feel nasty too, and I was no better giving tit for tat. So..I asked admin to ban me since I had no self control. I can't see in there. Don't want to see in there. I KNOW what happens in the FZ because I was part of it myself.
BUT...when the Paradise Fire hit and I lost everything, many of those folks donated to a gofundme that was set up by one of them. So..the lesson I learned was...they like what they do. They enjoy themselves. Not my cuppa tea, but what the hell? Who am I to tell them how to behave on MY terms?

So...if she is looking for a fight, she went to the right place. If she wants to NOT be unchristian...she needs to stay out of there cuz they do what they do. Period.

I know..that was off topic, but if I got the gist she was maybe looking for some trouble and found it, then others probably picked up on that as well.
I have a song for that :)

I have a better one. Listen to the lyrics!

Oh was this for me?
Yah tah he
I respect people of all cultures and their beliefs.
Shabbat Shalom
Nameste
Go in Peace

And then again "fake Christians" will talk about how everyone else is a "fake Christian".....
So Jesus was a fake christian? Ok!

So Jesus was a fake christian? Ok!
I don't think he said that. He said those who warp, manipulate, etc are the fake christians.

We're getting WAY off topic here people!!
So fucking what???? Its a good discussion, but since I am THOROUGHLY sick of both you and Zig complaining about off topic discussions....I am done with this thread. Kapoot. Fini.
Fucking sick of the hall monitor crap.

/Thread

Umm,.. okay then. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :rolleyes: (Just for the record it's my thread so I think I have every right to say that.)

Forum List

Back