Zone1 How dangerous is the woke ideology? Where will we end up?

The Left has failed to see the fact that PC/Identity Politics created a massive resentment for many Americans, and they made their resentment clear at the ballot box.
I don't see the massive resentment of Americans. I just see the same loud angry republic party looking to find their next bogeymen to heap resentment on for the political base.

I don't see the massive resentment of Americans. I just see the same loud angry republic party looking to find their next bogeymen to heap resentment on for the political base.
I don't know about "massive", but it definitely animated people who were not formerly politically active. Hell, I was warning about PC/Identity Politics here long before Trump showed up.

The Left can keep doing what it's doing. I'm just saying the PC/Identity Politics stuff played a large role in getting Trump elected, and the last straw for them was (1) men in drag in women's restrooms, and (2) the drag shows in their children's classrooms. NOW the Right is absolutely enraged.

I don't think I've met a lefty yet who will agree to any guilt. That's up to them. But I know it played a key role in bringing us Trumpism. Ask the Trumpsters.

I don't know about "massive", but it definitely animated people who were not formerly politically active. Hell, I was warning about PC/Identity Politics here long before Trump showed up.

The Left can keep doing what it's doing. I'm just saying the PC/Identity Politics stuff played a large role in getting Trump elected, and the last straw for them was (1) men in drag in women's restrooms, and (2) the drag shows in their children's classrooms. NOW the Right is absolutely enraged.

I don't think I've met a lefty yet who will agree to any guilt. That's up to them. But I know it played a key role in bringing us Trumpism. Ask the Trumpsters.
The former president didn't create the resentment politics of the right. He merely road the wave of the culture war republics first announced with pat buchannon in 1992. Identity politics have been with us since minority groups demanded they get to security their American Dreams too. Maga republic are just the lastest version of rightwingers whining about the 1960's.

Wokeism and cancel culture are the greatest threat our countries ever faced..more than the civil war….

Here’s why its more of a threat than the civil war ..as we know blacks and Indians owned slaves too … so its blatant propaganda ….cancel culture is meant to weaken white and black men… and make people angry

Thank god cancel culture cant win …look at the boycott of bud light.

Wokeism and cancel culture are the greatest threat our countries ever faced

Blatant propaganda as we know blacks and Indians owned slaves too … so its as said blatant propaganda ..

Thank god cancel culture cant win …look at the boycott of bud light m
Hilarious

The greatest threat is and was ignorance.

This. Exactly this. And they still haven't learned this lesson.

What drew trumpers in was an appeal to race.

What drew trumpers in was an appeal to race.
Yes, by MAGA media, which amplifies everything 200x to maximize paranoia and rage. All Trump did was leverage it. Easy peasy.

The Left pushed PC/Identity Politics FAR too hard, and the Right's pushback has been characteristically ham-handed and shallow.

So, as usual, both ends of the political spectrum play a role in this, and the rest of the country has to deal with the goddamn fallout.

Can either of you define "woke" for us? Be specific.

If you can't define it, it's clear you're just using "woke" to mean "anything I don't like".
Woke ideology usually refers to America as uniquely evil, racist, patriarchal, oppressive, colonialist, on stolen land, etc… and uses supposed victim classes to attack political opponents, such as trans ideology, 3rd wave feminism, and BLM/CRT. It says oppression is just as bad as it’s ever been (or even worse), it demonizes history with a pseudo history, and advocates deconstructionism of the America experiment, often using anti-capitalist principles.

Woke ideology attacks America only, brands its Faults as the worst evil, and ignores far worse human atrocities in history and today.. such as the CCP, Iran, etc. It exalts itself in virtue by attacking and hating those who disagree with their ideology, and is silent on violence as long as it’s in the name of their cause, all the while declaring speech as “violence” by their political opponents.

It views how they feel as what is most important, and if a differing opinion upsets them, they are justified in hatred and active attacks on opponent’s livelihoods, reputations, and will attempt to use government power to censor wrongthink. It is widespread narcissism on steroids.

Last edited:
So, basically being a decent human is "woke".

It's not the Democrats burning books and threatening to jail teachers, libranians and doctors in jail for saying the wrong thing. Your side makes censorship a policy, while the Democrats back free speech.

And you support the woke censors, by your definition.

A terrorizing busy body isn't a decent human being.

No, their shock troops just disrupt any meeting held by anyone they disagree with.

Show me where I support censorship.

George Carlin once said that political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners.

Now that woke has taken over the media, our school system and global corporations, they are dispensing with the manners.

So, basically being a decent human is "woke".

It's not the Democrats burning books and threatening to jail teachers, libranians and doctors in jail for saying the wrong thing. Your side makes censorship a policy, while the Democrats back free speech.

And you support the woke censors, by your definition.
Why don't you give us a few examples of these book burnings and jailing of teachers, libranians, and doctors. Also an example of democRats supporting free speech. Maybe a good look at California would not only give you a new out look at free speech but also other rights as the right to choise, the Second Amendment, the Fourth Amendment, the 6th, 7th, 8th............... My guess you believe what ever you are told without the ability to figure it out on your own as all democrats. Prove me wrong.

Why don't you give us a few examples of these book burnings and jailing of teachers, libranians, and doctors. Also an example of democRats supporting free speech. Maybe a good look at California would not only give you a new out look at free speech but also other rights as the right to choise, the Second Amendment, the Fourth Amendment, the 6th, 7th, 8th............... My guess you believe what ever you are told without the ability to figure it out on your own as all democrats. Prove me wrong.
White feelings

Forum List

Back