How come Obama isn't standing up for the hundred thousand the GOP is poisoning in Flint?

Because even Hussein understands Flint, Michigan is a dismal lost cause. That, and he's got an urgent tee time to meet. The Democrats destroyed Flint just like they did Detroit. It's over. There is no coming back for Flint, Michigan. Dissolve the city and move on.

Do I detect a hint of fascism in paulitician's post above?

Just stating reality. Dissolve the city and government. It's over as a U.S. City. The Democrats killed Flint like they did so many other once flourishing American cities. So much ugly mismanagement and corruption. There will be no comeback for Flint. I feel for its citizens, but it is over. Time to dissolve and move on.

No blame or even recognition of the decision by GM to leave the city?

That's odd, one might take you for a partisan hack for pointing the finger at Democrats when corporate America left Flint, creating an immediate crisis for homeowners and landlords, retail stores and their employees, banks and their employees, service providers and the tax base of city leaders.

I did Saturn with my husband ok. Don't you dare tell me what happened in Michigan. They literally sucked the car companies dry asshole and the companies moved.

Now we did Tennessee with Saturn when he worked with PPG over paint but make no mistake. Michigan killed the car companies and forced them to move to different states.
Tiny dancer, what did Tennessee do to Saturn? Last I looked, GM-Saturn is kaput there too. Aside: I have to tell you what I heard. Back in the late 40's, in my pre-teens, at least half of Tennessee moved to Michigan, and it was culture shock. Even the language was unusual. Immigrant food and fun were completely different, and all we heard about was how much better things were 'back home' even as they stayed and 'made the cars and hit the bars'. Then GM started Saturn in Spring Hill, Tenn. A friend who transferred there sent a picture of a bumper sticker that said.. "I don't care HOW you did it in Michigan". I had to laugh at the 180 of Tennessee's reaction of an influx of Yankees.

Because even Hussein understands Flint, Michigan is a dismal lost cause. That, and he's got an urgent tee time to meet. The Democrats destroyed Flint just like they did Detroit. It's over. There is no coming back for Flint, Michigan. Dissolve the city and move on.

Just stating reality. Dissolve the city and government. It's over as a U.S. City. The Democrats killed Flint like they did so many other once flourishing American cities. So much ugly mismanagement and corruption. There will be no comeback for Flint. I feel for its citizens, but it is over. Time to dissolve and move on.

That's odd, one might take you for a partisan hack for pointing the finger at Democrats when corporate America left Flint, creating an immediate crisis for homeowners and landlords, retail stores and their employees, banks and their employees, service providers and the tax base of city leaders.

I did Saturn with my husband ok. Don't you dare tell me what happened in Michigan. They literally sucked the car companies dry asshole and the companies moved.

Now we did Tennessee with Saturn when he worked with PPG over paint but make no mistake. Michigan killed the car companies and forced them to move to different states.
Tiny dancer, what did Tennessee do to Saturn? Last I looked, GM-Saturn is kaput there too. Aside: I have to tell you what I heard. Back in the late 40's, in my pre-teens, at least half of Tennessee moved to Michigan, and it was culture shock. Even the language was unusual. Immigrant food and fun were completely different, and all we heard about was how much better things were 'back home' even as they stayed and 'made the cars and hit the bars'. Then GM started Saturn in Spring Hill, Tenn. A friend who transferred there sent a picture of a bumper sticker that said.. "I don't care HOW you did it in Michigan". I had to laugh at the 180 of Tennessee's reaction of an influx of Yankees.
wenn2670528.jpg

Perish the thought that you might have kids, but if you did would you allow them to drink the water?
I filter my water here dumbfuck. And we don't have that problem.

"dumbfuck"? You should filter your written words, and think - if you possibly can - before putting them out for the world to read. If you thought and didn't only emote you would have understood my point, and wouldn't feel the need to explain you don't live in Michigan.

The question was hypothetical, that said, many of the people effected by the crisis are poor and cannot afford a system to filter the water, especially the cost to hire a plumber to do so.
You keep proving you're full of shit. Brita filters work great, there are others as well and it's cheap. Redoing the plumbing isn't feasible for anybody.
LOL, read about house filters. A Brita isn't used for cooking, brushing one's teeth or for the dog or cats bowl. You're really so biased you're nearly blind to considering all parts and elements to a problem.

I won't call you stupid, but you sure aren't very bright.
Like I said, asshole. We don't have that problem here. I filter all drinking water. I didn't say a Brita filter would fix their all their problems did I? I said it was wrong to have lead in the pipes in the first place and wouldn't drink anti-corrosion chemicals and always use a filter anyway. More evidence for your poor state of mind.

Detroit has some of the best water in the country. there is no problem here. Flint switched from Detroit and it was not treated properly.

Businesses come and go. That's always been the case. GM did not = The Republican Party. And it still doesn't. In fact, it was a Democrat President that gave GM $Billions in Taxpayer Bailouts. Flint and Detroit have been run by the Democratic Party for several decades. And all during that time there has been massive awful mismanagement and corruption. I mean, how many Democrat Detroit Mayors and other officials, went to prison for corruption?

The reality is, the citizens of those cities chose the Democratic leaders who destroyed their cities. It's all on them. They have to take responsibility for their bad decisions. Their destruction is of their own doing. It's unfair and cowardly to try and put it on the Republicans now. I won't accept it. Period, end of story.

Your story is fiction. I know you believe it, and that is sad.

Shocking mismanagement and corruption. And that's all on the Democrats. Citizens in Flint and Detroit elected Democrat leaders for decades. So they have to accept responsibility for their own poor decisions. Republicans had nothing to do with their demise.

So now Flint's Brazil ay? Anyone really surprised? Democrats have turned many once great cities into Third World Hellholes. I think it's both comical and cowarardly for Democrats to try and blame Republicans for Flint and Detroit's demise. Democrats have run the show in those Hellholes for decades. Their leaders were going to prison for corruption every day it seemed.

I mean, how many Democratic Detroit Mayors went to prison for God's sake? But the Citizens continued electing Democrats to power. The reality is, the Citizens in these cities got what they asked for. They got awful mismanagement and corruption. It wasn't Republicans who screwed them. It was their own beloved Democrats. The OP and the rest of the Dems on this thread are very dishonest people.

You did Saturn. Wow, Debbie only did Dallas, I hear. You would be better served by posting how Michigan killed the car companies, I'm sure that will be enlightening.

How much more $Billions in Bailouts do you want to force on Taxpayers? It's over for Flint and Detroit. Has been for a long time. They could have recovered, but the Citizens continued to elect corrupt inept Democrats to lead them. So now it is all over. It's time to dissolve the city of Flint and its Government. It's no longer a viable U.S. City.

Businesses come and go. That's always been the case. GM did not = The Republican Party. And it still doesn't. In fact, it was a Democrat President that gave GM $Billions in Taxpayer Bailouts. Flint and Detroit have been run by the Democratic Party for several decades. And all during that time there has been massive awful mismanagement and corruption. I mean, how many Democrat Detroit Mayors and other officials, went to prison for corruption?

The reality is, the citizens of those cities chose the Democratic leaders who destroyed their cities. It's all on them. They have to take responsibility for their bad decisions. Their destruction is of their own doing. It's unfair and cowardly to try and put it on the Republicans now. I won't accept it. Period, end of story.

Shocking mismanagement and corruption. And that's all on the Democrats. Citizens in Flint and Detroit elected Democrat leaders for decades. So they have to accept responsibility for their own poor decisions. Republicans had nothing to do with their demise.
From 2001 to 2008 millions of jobs were moved to China. Over 40,000 factories closed. Industrialized city's like Flint were hit hardest. Funny how Republicans want to be in charge but use the excuse they can't do anything. If they can't do anything, then why does their ignorant base vote for them?

From 2001 to 2008 millions of jobs were moved to China. Over 40,000 factories closed. Industrialized city's like Flint were hit hardest. Funny how Republicans want to be in charge but use the excuse they can't do anything. If they can't do anything, then why does their ignorant base vote for them?

Republicans weren't in charge in those cities. Corrupt incompetent Democrats were. And they still are. Many of em are even currently in prison. It's very dishonest and cowardly to blame Republicans for their demise.

Republicans weren't in charge in those cities. Corrupt incompetent Democrats were. And they still are. Many of em are even currently in prison. It's very dishonest and cowardly to blame Republicans for their demise.
Paul, did you ever hear that old cliche about protesting too much? Why are you busting your butt trying to make it look like Republicans are blameless? These are not independent city-states. They have to comply with state guidelines and look to the state to address problems. Flint/Detroit may be Democratic, but the State has been mostly Republican and the State legislature is about 85% Republican. And I believe if Grand Rapids or Traverse City or Petosky had the Flint/Detroit problems, state help would be there in the twinkling of an eye. But I want to be clear, so I repeat..the inadequate change in water supply was an innocent mistake. The 2 year cover-up was criminal, and the lack of any solution is trust-busting. Flint residents went to Lansing at least 18 mo. ago just trying to get an acknowledgement of the issue. It took a national media blitz to get on the map, and blame is the least of the problem right now. Your posts indicate you can logically explain the blame, then go back and sit in a corner and gloat as having solved something. But what does placing blame solve? Any old towns in your area?

Paul, did you ever hear that old cliche about protesting too much? Why are you busting your butt trying to make it look like Republicans are blameless? These are not independent city-states. They have to comply with state guidelines and look to the state to address problems. Flint/Detroit may be Democratic, but the State has been mostly Republican and the State legislature is about 85% Republican. And I believe if Grand Rapids or Traverse City or Petosky had the Flint/Detroit problems, state help would be there in the twinkling of an eye. But I want to be clear, so I repeat..the inadequate change in water supply was an innocent mistake. The 2 year cover-up was criminal, and the lack of any solution is trust-busting. Flint residents went to Lansing at least 18 mo. ago just trying to get an acknowledgement of the issue. It took a national media blitz to get on the map, and blame is the least of the problem right now. Your posts indicate you can logically explain the blame, then go back and sit in a corner and gloat as having solved something. But what does placing blame solve? Any old towns in your area?

Stop the whining for God's sake. The auto industry left a long time ago. Flint and Detroit should have recovered by now. Maybe if they stop electing corrupt inept Democrats like this one, they can recover?...

Kwame M. Kilpatrick, Former Detroit Mayor, Sentenced to 28 Years in Corruption Case

DETROIT — Kwame M. Kilpatrick, the former mayor of Detroit, stood before a federal judge on Thursday and apologized for putting the people of his city through a corruption scandal so vast that prosecutors say it helped accelerate Detroit’s march toward bankruptcy...

More:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/11/us/former-detroit-mayor-kwame-kilpatrick-sentencing.html?_r=0

Stop the whining for God's sake. The auto industry left a long time ago. Flint and Detroit should have recovered by now. Maybe if they stop electing corrupt inept Democrats like this one, they can recover?...

Kwame M. Kilpatrick, Former Detroit Mayor, Sentenced to 28 Years in Corruption Case

DETROIT — Kwame M. Kilpatrick, the former mayor of Detroit, stood before a federal judge on Thursday and apologized for putting the people of his city through a corruption scandal so vast that prosecutors say it helped accelerate Detroit’s march toward bankruptcy...

More:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/11/us/former-detroit-mayor-kwame-kilpatrick-sentencing.html?_r=0
For God's sake! Are you for real? What does Kwame's conviction have to do with Flint's water problems. The guy was crooked as a corkscrew and got what he deserved, as did his co-criminals however many years ago that was. THAT'S your excuse for blaming Democrats for Flint's disaster? Do you blame all actors for John Wilkes Booth's murder of Lincoln?

More:
For God's sake! Are you for real? What does Kwame's conviction have to do with Flint's water problems. The guy was crooked as a corkscrew and got what he deserved, as did his co-criminals however many years ago that was. THAT'S your excuse for blaming Democrats for Flint's disaster? Do you blame all actors for John Wilkes Booth's murder of Lincoln?

He's not the only corrupt Democrat Detroit Mayor to be sent to prison. Democrat corruption and incompetence has been going on in Detroit and Flint for several decades. Yet you blame Republicans for their demise.

I do feel for the citizens of Flint and Detroit, but they got what they continuously voted for. They're responsible. Flint and Detroit have had plenty of time to rebuild and recover. But why haven't they? Here's a hint, the Republicans had nothing to with it.

More:

Thank you, one data point noted.

More:

Yes we know, that's the Republican's fault too. Seriously, the Citizens of those cities got the leaders they chose. They need to accept the responsibility. And they need to stop bitchin & whining about the auto industry leaving.

It happened 30-35yrs ago for God's sake. They should have bounced back by now. The fact they haven't, is all on them and the leaders they chose. The Republicans have no influence in their cities. They can't be blamed.

More:

Yes we know, that's the Republican's fault too. Seriously, the Citizens of those cities got the leaders they chose. They need to accept the responsibility. And they need to stop bitchin & whining about the auto industry leaving.

It happened 30-35yrs ago for God's sake. They should have bounced back by now. The fact they haven't, is all on them and the leaders they chose. The Republicans have no influence in their cities. They can't be blamed.
Paul, Flint has been trying very hard to restore it's economy. U of M has a very large and growing satellite there and Kettering University has taken over a whole boulevard of about 2 miles and restored it for University purposes, including the stadium where I watched all my high school games. The 3 major hospitals have grown in leaps, and support satellite facilities all over the place, even as far as the County I now live in.. All of this requires removing old buildings and rebuilding new centers. None of these, nor all of these, equals the loss of GM's many factories there..Chevy, Buick, AC Spark Plug, Fisher Body, Dupont Paint, PPG..thousands and thousands of jobs and collateral businesses. Flint has been on its way back, smaller and less flamboyant, cleaner and less smelly, just not overnight like it didn't rise overnight. One lesson you could learn from us is to dampen your pride of avoiding disaster as though you had a hand in your own good fortune. There was once a saying in this country: "As GM goes, so goes the nation!" Remember that one? Flint placed its full faith in GM. We thought it would never end, and now Flint is paying the price. I guess your scorn, your galling sense of superiority is part of that price. Now this water disaster hit! And you are there on your pulpit, preaching contempt on a population groping for stability. May you never suffer the malice of people like you!

More:

Paul, Flint has been trying very hard to restore it's economy. U of M has a very large and growing satellite there and Kettering University has taken over a whole boulevard of about 2 miles and restored it for University purposes, including the stadium where I watched all my high school games. The 3 major hospitals have grown in leaps, and support satellite facilities all over the place, even as far as the County I now live in.. All of this requires removing old buildings and rebuilding new centers. None of these, nor all of these, equals the loss of GM's many factories there..Chevy, Buick, AC Spark Plug, Fisher Body, Dupont Paint, PPG..thousands and thousands of jobs and collateral businesses. Flint has been on its way back, smaller and less flamboyant, cleaner and less smelly, just not overnight like it didn't rise overnight. One lesson you could learn from us is to dampen your pride of avoiding disaster as though you had a hand in your own good fortune. There was once a saying in this country: "As GM goes, so goes the nation!" Remember that one? Flint placed its full faith in GM. We thought it would never end, and now Flint is paying the price. I guess your scorn, your galling sense of superiority is part of that price. Now this water disaster hit! And you are there on your pulpit, preaching contempt on a population groping for stability. May you never suffer the malice of people like you!

Heard all the bitching & whining about the auto industry leaving Flint and Detroit for decades. Time to stop whining about it and start rebuilding and revitalizing those cities. The auto industry is gone, and it an't coming back. They shoud have figured that out by now.

I'm sorry, but the citizens of Flint and Detroit got the corrupt inept Democrat leaders they chose. They need to quit whining and accept responsibility for their poor choices. It's unfair and cowardly to blame Republicans.

More:

Well said BW! Classy last sentence,

Forum List

Back