How can the World Prepare for Climate Change and the Magnetic Polar Shift?

Try not to contribute any more than I have to, but I do not favor radical change the sake of global warming. As for the polar shift, it is a very slow process, not to worry about as they already are used to updating the GPS and other satellites. Probably harder reprinting to update topo maps for changes to declination angle, but few of us bother any more with that type of navigation or point locating, as we depend on the satellites.

The commonly used term is "deviation" when it comes to magnetic compasses.
Probably true at least in Navy, but I was never navy. Declination angle is listed in the marginal information of decent topographic maps and represents difference between true north or magnetic north and map or grid north. Handy to know if you shooting a resection from two known points to your exact location. Then it becomes a matter of the back azimuths and working the math, as distance to known points can be a tricky thing without a laser or parallax range finder. Like I said, less important today when you can whip out an Iphone and get your latitude/longitude, elevation without bothering with old school techniques, that is unless your battery is down, or like any other tool you have found a way to break it or lose it when you are temporarily dis-oriented. Notice, I didn't say lost, I don't get lost.
Magnetic declination, per Wikipedia
Magnetic declination, or magnetic variation, is the angle on the horizontal plane between magnetic north and true north. This angle varies depending on position on the Earth's surface and changes over time.Wikipedia

So what I said is 100% correct. Declination is a term used in celestial navigation.
Probably. I'm shitty and untrained on celestial navigation, but flat hell on terrain with a 1:50,000 Topo map, map compass and a good lensatic compass, whether the stars are out or not.
That compass will work really well if the magnetic poles switch!
The pole reversals takes hundreds if not thousands of years, far longer than jave been around or will be around. If you have the correct declination angle to go with the map you are using you are good to go, but that brings us back to where I started. Adjustment by the satellite systems is instant and all over, topo map declination angles differ from map to map, sometimes even on adjoining map sections to a very slight degree, but I am unaware any place to download new marginal information. I used to cut mine off and laminate to the back, often laminating adjoining map sections together, making me include marginal info for both sections. Reprinting takes time and money. Not like Navy or aircraft though, another half degree is really not all that much with a topo map which only covers a few miles, instead of those charts for hundreds or thousands of miles. Probably not important until somebody takes out the satellite system with an electromagnetic high altitude pulse. Not that worried about it. Just an irritant, unless you are doing a map course from monumented benchmark to monumented benchmark, which in the back country are hard enough to find even if map is up to date as far as marginal information. Not like a sailboat crossing an ocean.

Try not to contribute any more than I have to, but I do not favor radical change the sake of global warming. As for the polar shift, it is a very slow process, not to worry about as they already are used to updating the GPS and other satellites. Probably harder reprinting to update topo maps for changes to declination angle, but few of us bother any more with that type of navigation or point locating, as we depend on the satellites.

Probably true at least in Navy, but I was never navy. Declination angle is listed in the marginal information of decent topographic maps and represents difference between true north or magnetic north and map or grid north. Handy to know if you shooting a resection from two known points to your exact location. Then it becomes a matter of the back azimuths and working the math, as distance to known points can be a tricky thing without a laser or parallax range finder. Like I said, less important today when you can whip out an Iphone and get your latitude/longitude, elevation without bothering with old school techniques, that is unless your battery is down, or like any other tool you have found a way to break it or lose it when you are temporarily dis-oriented. Notice, I didn't say lost, I don't get lost.
Magnetic declination, or magnetic variation, is the angle on the horizontal plane between magnetic north and true north. This angle varies depending on position on the Earth's surface and changes over time.Wikipedia

So what I said is 100% correct. Declination is a term used in celestial navigation.
Probably. I'm shitty and untrained on celestial navigation, but flat hell on terrain with a 1:50,000 Topo map, map compass and a good lensatic compass, whether the stars are out or not.
The pole reversals takes hundreds if not thousands of years, far longer than jave been around or will be around. If you have the correct declination angle to go with the map you are using you are good to go, but that brings us back to where I started. Adjustment by the satellite systems is instant and all over, topo map declination angles differ from map to map, sometimes even on adjoining map sections to a very slight degree, but I am unaware any place to download new marginal information. I used to cut mine off and laminate to the back, often laminating adjoining map sections together, making me include marginal info for both sections. Reprinting takes time and money. Not like Navy or aircraft though, another half degree is really not all that much with a topo map which only covers a few miles, instead of those charts for hundreds or thousands of miles. Probably not important until somebody takes out the satellite system with an electromagnetic high altitude pulse. Not that worried about it. Just an irritant, unless you are doing a map course from monumented benchmark to monumented benchmark, which in the back country are hard enough to find even if map is up to date as far as marginal information. Not like a sailboat crossing an ocean.

I was joking! I am sorry I did not indicate that as such! The OP seems to think it will happen in a matter of seconds.

I was joking! I am sorry I did not indicate that as such! The OP seems to think it will happen in a matter of seconds.
I have seen a lot of hoopla about the impending pole reversal Youtube where there are people worrying the very thing, mostly just to get clicks. A lot of the time from the same people who also think Yellowstone is about to blow. I suspect I have plenty of time to make another visit to that park before that happens also. Hey, I now qualify for a really cheap all national parks pass.

When one gets all their information from the MSM, as you do, you aren’t informed. Get informed.

Question: if you think the science is settled on global warming and all scientists agree, you’re a dumb fuck.

+A 5680-year tree-ring temperature record for southern South America
The tree-ring summer temperature record presented here indicates a warming trend in southern South America since the 1960s. Nevertheless, this pattern is not unprecedented in the context of the last five millennia, during which several warm periods larger in magnitude and duration are recorded. This pattern for the last decades is in agreement with recent trends reported in instrumental temperature records that suggest that the mid-latitudes of the ocean-dominated Southern Hemisphere are not warming at the same rate as other areas in the last four decades (Falvey and Garreaud, 2009).

Solar radiation is an important forcing of temperature variability at multi-centennial timescales for SSA for the last 5650 years. Although, this temperature driver has already been reported for the Northern Hemisphere, our study is the first to document its influence on temperature in the Southern Hemisphere for the last millennia.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S027737911930692

That darn sun...
Spotty coverage: Climate models underestimate cooling effect of daily cloud cycle
The researchers report in the journal Nature Communications that models tend to factor in too much of the sun’s daily heat, which results in warmer, drier conditions than might actually occur. The researchers found that inaccuracies in accounting for the diurnal, or daily, cloud cycle did not seem to invalidate climate projections, but they did increase the margin of error for a crucial tool scientists use to understand how climate change will affect us.
Spotty coverage: Climate models underestimate cooling effect of daily cloud cycle

....if he wasn't dead, I'd get Kwai Chang Caine to use his mental powers to fix it
1590237986521.png

Not exactly, but once the magnetic threshold is reached, very quickly. Then settling into a new location for a number of millennia until another switch takes place. For instance magnetic reversals in the Solar Cycle seem to happen with a month's period from one cycle to the next.

Looking at the previous Cycle 24 and and current 25, not exactly the same as I suspect that Jupiter's orbit may cause the reversal of polarity, but proposed a reversal of polarity in a large celestial object as stated in Hale's Law. As in when Jupiter reaches a point the Sun's magnetic field is pulled on by Jupiter and switches, because the two magnetic fields may act as two magnets, one flipping the other in much lighter elements. Our elements are much heavier than Jupiter's and the Sun's H and He. Would be interesting the note the position of Jupiter at the time the Solar Polarity switches to test this theory.

Would be interesting the note the position of Jupiter at the time the Solar Polarity switches to test this theory.
Ran Jupiter causing Soleil's magnetic polarity switch this by the Canadian Space Agency.

Also, the European Space Agency reports that there's a South Atlantic location of magnetic field weakening.

Noted increased seismic activity in the days when a Sunspot faced the planet this past week, may be some ongoing percolation of pressure released from the interior to the surface from energized molecules interior to the Crust, Mantle, and Core.

Rapid Cyclogenesis off the coast of the Carolinas from a Low in Flordia, another slow moving Low tracking across Dixie.

Some interesting and things to be cautious about next week are these 3 items:

1. Hurricane Cristobal.
2. Double Low Pressure Storm Systems that might meet up with Cristo Mon through Thurs.
3. More radiocotive active Sunspot to face Us in... 3 or 4 to 5 or 6 days from now.

Long terms seasonal issues:
Russian permafrost melting and skyrocketing temps in the Missouri River region show this Summer is going to be very hot, and the Arctic region will be taking the brunt of solar radiation shortly before and after the Summer Solstice going into August.

If you live in the Mississippi and Ohio Valley, then this next week is one that you might want to consider visit some relatives out of the area... or take a vacation somewhere if you can.

Oh, and monitor Sunspots and Solar Flares if you live near hotspots and fault lines, be ready to move quickly if you live tsunami prone areas; and might be time to make a more permanent move, if you catch My drift.

Yeah, is there a Solar flare app? If there is, add this to your phone. It's an early seismic warning system.

Forum List

Back