How can so few control so many?

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
I wonder at that myself- It's occured to me

It seems I'm not the only one

“I should like merely to understand how it happens that so many men, so many villages, so many cities, so many nations, sometimes suffer under a single tyrant who has no other power than the power they give him; who is able to harm them only to the extent to which they have the willingness to bear with him; who could do them absolutely no injury unless they preferred to put up with him rather than contradict him. Surely a striking situation! Yet it is so common that one must grieve the more and wonder the less at the spectacle of a million men serving in wretchedness, their necks under the yoke, not constrained by a greater multitude than they…”

~ Étienne de la Boétie, 1552 to 1553The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

“I should like merely to understand how it happens that so many men, so many villages, so many cities, so many nations, sometimes suffer under a single tyrant who has no other power than the power they give him; who is able to harm them only to the extent to which they have the willingness to bear with him; who could do them absolutely no injury unless they preferred to put up with him rather than contradict him. Surely a striking situation! Yet it is so common that one must grieve the more and wonder the less at the spectacle of a million men serving in wretchedness, their necks under the yoke, not constrained by a greater multitude than they…”

~ Étienne de la Boétie, 1552 to 1553The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

It's very simple if you use fear, greed and hate to motivate them.

• Banned
Men have no problem with Obedience.

I'm a man- I've had a problem with obedience for as long as I can remember - approximately 66 years.

Were you in the military?

Yes- that is immaterial- I was 17 when I joined- a dumb kid afraid of my shadow- that doesn't mean I didn't question authority either- I got in plenty of trouble- believe me. But, I'm not confrontational either-

The Military is NOT civilian life in the land of the free home of the brave where Liberty and Justice for all (note that is typed with a great deal of sarcasm) prevails- it is all about discipline- self discipline, BTW- no one can make anyone do what they don't want to do- they can kill you in trying, or make you really uncomfortable, but, at the end of the day, if you don't want to, you won't. Want is not won't.

There are people who believe the empowered and together have destroyed others. Many have not been dealt with yet during this pandemic and riot time of our nation.

It is mystifying how effective socialization is. An odd person here and there is immune or steps out, but the vast majority just accepts appearances of what life is about.

That's what happens when the masses are force fed an improper education.

In a way, young people have been fed a steady diet of Leftist Lemming "feel good" (like Heroin) through Hollywood and the entertainment industry and through schools..
They are hooked on the Left's drug called "Feel Good" and have been led to believe they are ENTITLED to their "Feel Good"
Anyone who dares interfere with their fantasy Feel Good World is attacked.

In that same world, they have been taught that everything Conservative or Right Wing is 'Feel Bad"
So, faithful to their doping, they call everyone else Racists, Nazis etc.
They totally see the world through the Left's "Feel Good" Lemming sauce.

Little do they know they are being played and will be discarded like a used sanitary napkin.
Reality be damned

Last edited:
Men have no problem with Obedience.

I'm a man- I've had a problem with obedience for as long as I can remember - approximately 66 years.

Were you in the military?

Yes- that is immaterial- I was 17 when I joined- a dumb kid afraid of my shadow- that doesn't mean I didn't question authority either- I got in plenty of trouble- believe me. But, I'm not confrontational either-

The Military is NOT civilian life in the land of the free home of the brave where Liberty and Justice for all (note that is typed with a great deal of sarcasm) prevails- it is all about discipline- self discipline, BTW- no one can make anyone do what they don't want to do- they can kill you in trying, or make you really uncomfortable, but, at the end of the day, if you don't want to, you won't. Want is not won't.

Hierarchy exists for a reason. Even in the civil sector. What manager wants to deal with insubordination?

You're a bloody tRumpling, you tell us.

Forum List

Back