How can I boycott the Oscars...

...when I'd never watch them in the first place?

I'll tell you what...this year I will boycott the Oscars as a symbolic protest against their political bias...totally unlike the past 30 years when I ignored the Oscars because they were boring, pretentious, and irrelevant.

Instead just boycott the movies whose stars/casts have the biggest mouths...you won't miss a thing, and give vocal support to those who engage in media piracy, it seems to be the one area where the hollywood elite don't support anti-capitalism.

Capitalism as we imagine it here is its own worst enemy, and Don won't budge that needle at all, the system can no longer self correct.
yeah, you would think hollywood types would be all for media privacy and its anti-corporate behavior, for some reason they despise it instead, wonder what could be motivating that?

The same thing that motivates all in american society.
piracy?

In a sense, yes.

you ever notice how Right-Wingers make fun of liberal "snowflakes" for boycotting something so insignificant and not worth the arguing over, and then turn around and try to boycott something so insignificant and not worth arguing over?

Like That Hamilton Boycott for addressing Pence...

And that Kellogg's boycott for pulling sponsoring from Breitbart.

And now this Oscars boycott because... those damn liberal actors.

Y'all need to chill out there
A lot of Hollywood actors are calling for a strike till Trump leaves office. We are just trying to help them. The liberal boycott of chick fil a worked out well for ya, didn't it? Lol

Why watch the Oscars when you can watch Black Sails tonight?

I had never heard of it until you just posted it. It looks very interesting, but unfortunately I haven't had cable or Dish for twenty years either...if it doesn't stream for free or on Netflix, I don't watch it.

I am going to put it on my list of shows to sample when I get Netflix DVD again next winter.

Maybe you should just turn your TV off and don't go to the movies....you are still supporting them..lol..

Last year Jada Smith boycotted the Oscars because her husbands movie didn't get picked...lol.She was the joke of the town..

My favorite part is the memorial section/ tonight will honer Debbie Reynolds

you ever notice how Right-Wingers make fun of liberal "snowflakes" for boycotting something so insignificant and not worth the arguing over, and then turn around and try to boycott something so insignificant and not worth arguing over?

A lot of Hollywood actors are calling for a strike till Trump leaves office. We are just trying to help them. The liberal boycott of chick fil a worked out well for ya, didn't it? Lol
GO PIRATES!!!...lol

You could not buy the advertisers' products but then you'd have to watch it to see who's advertising.

Looks like you have a bit of a dilemma on your hands.

...when I'd never watch them in the first place?

I'll tell you what...this year I will boycott the Oscars as a symbolic protest against their political bias...totally unlike the past 30 years when I ignored the Oscars because they were boring, pretentious, and irrelevant.

I have never watched any of these annoying awards shows. My wife and mother watch the country music awards.

Actually it worked quite well....the company backed out of supporting anti-gay marriage organizations.

Actually it worked quite well....the company backed out of supporting anti-gay marriage organizations.
Did you change the mind of the owner, when he says it's wrong. Also your boycott put chick fil a on the books, they are making a killing.

I never watch the award shows. I never see any of the nominated movies. This year the nominees are particularly odious. They are preachy and too PC for toleration. Couple that with endless lecturing and this year's awards are less than worthless.

NCIS Los Angeles is going to be two hours.

Did you change the mind of the owner, when he says it's wrong. Also your boycott put chick fil a on the books, they are making a killing.
You would think the boycott of Ivanka Trump products would have taught them a lesson about backfiring.

I haven't watched the Oscars since maybe 2002 lol.
Me neither--not for political reasons, though. I just stopped going to the movies and didn't know what they were talking about. I watched the Entertainment news afterward for the clothes. That's the best (or worst) part anyway.

I haven't watched the Oscars since maybe 2002 lol.
Me neither--not for political reasons, though. I just stopped going to the movies and didn't know what they were talking about. I watched the Entertainment news afterward for the clothes. That's the best (or worst) part anyway.

I don't go to the movies nearly as much as I used to, but I still do watch and appreciate good movies. I also co-produced my younger sister's first indie short film. She's in the camera operator's guild and works on a lot of famous food shows on TV as well as other shows and even some movies. I'm also into screenwriting and trying to hone that skill as a side hobby.

I don't hate all of Hollywood, just some of the more obnoxious ones who want to preach while making millions of dollars per year. And even some of those I can appreciate for their acting or directing. I just don't care about watching hours of an awards ceremony any more lol.

Forum List

Back