How bad is life in the United States?

Not bad but would be better if we weren't all of the sudden so easily offended.

Sometimes it seems like people enjoy being toxic and angry.
Nope. People are just too easily offended.
A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.
yeah you dems set that stage over the last 4 yrs,,,
It's funny how you Repubs have a memory that only extends 4 years.
whats funny is that you think I'm a republican,, well not really funny but more pathetic your hate is so bad anyone that disagrees with you is a republican or a bad person,,,

FYI I just think you dems are far worse than repubes,,

What's funny is you think I'm a Dem. But I know better than to argue with morons.
if youre not a dem than what are you?? just another hate filled childless women??
Jezzzuuuus dude, that is so cold. What is the matter with you?
maybe I am tired of being talked down to by hate filled people that want to control my life and the lives of my children,,

I did,, and all I see from people like you is hate of anyone that doesnt agree with you,,
I frequently agree to disagree. Yet you hate me for it :dunno: Go figure.

I think the spreading intolerance of different points of view is bipartisan. If you can't see it from your own side...well, that log might be more deeply embedded then we thought.

We aren't just the opponent. We can't disagree. We are pedophile satan worshippers. We are the filth. We are human scum (per your president). We are commies. We are unpatriotic. We are Femi-nazis. We are America haters. We are godless. We are welfare queens. We are elitists. We are traitors. We support China. We are anti-American. You are racists. You are uneducated. You are deplorable. You are fundies. You are anti-woman. Have I left anything out?

Ya. About that log. Seek spiritual advice.
"MY SIDE"???
now whos the one spreading intolerance???

all I want you to do is leave me alone so I can choose how I live my life,,
you lefties cant stand that can you??

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.
Define common decency. I believe it is still very strong in America.

Do you?

I see things said (in the name of "it's free speech so I can" ) publicly, that would have caused unified public condemnation at one time. Same with behavior.

Even my neighbor shocked me once, when he referred to the "****** in the White House".

I'm not saying everyone, but enough people to change what we used to consider ok and not ok in public behavior. I'll add to that, attitude towards teachers, teaching children that free speech is more important than good manners.
The issue is and you and I had it. We were shouting at each other instead of listening and speaking to one another. Teachers need to teach subject matter not political ideology. That’s up to the parents.

I graduated public school in 1977, and have no kids - what I hear about school I hear from other people or I see the results in university students. Not enough people listening is a problem, but there is also an open disrespect. An acceptance of that disrespect. I think it starts with what we teach our children. We didn't learn political ideology other than how it related to history or civics. That was long ago.
thankfully we have dems telling us how bad everyone that disagrees with them is,,

nothing helps a society grow than that kind of hate for others,,

Take the log out of your eyes.
I did,, and all I see from people like you is hate of anyone that doesnt agree with you,,
The best is the leftists on this site (not Coyote) call me a white supremacist. I am literally a Jew. Leftists on this site are very stupid.

The problem with identity politics is blacks aren't allowed to be conservative, Christians aren't allowed to be liberal, Jews aren't allowed to be conservative.

Lots of stupid people.

I think the spreading intolerance of different points of view is bipartisan. If you can't see it from your own side...well, that log might be more deeply embedded then we thought.

We aren't just the opponent. We can't disagree. We are pedophile satan worshippers. We are the filth. We are human scum (per your president). We are commies. We are unpatriotic. We are Femi-nazis. We are America haters. We are godless. We are welfare queens. We are elitists. We are traitors. We support China. We are anti-American. You are racists. You are uneducated. You are deplorable. You are fundies. You are anti-woman. Have I left anything out?

"MY SIDE"???

Don't see you righties doing that. That log....it's got roots and is turning into a tree.

"MY SIDE"???

Don't see you righties doing that. That log....it's got roots and is turning into a tree.
well you got something right,, I am right wing,,
you just think that means republican, republicans are leftwing just not as far left as dems,,

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.

Do you?

I see things said (in the name of "it's free speech so I can" ) publicly, that would have caused unified public condemnation at one time. Same with behavior.

Even my neighbor shocked me once, when he referred to the "****** in the White House".

I'm not saying everyone, but enough people to change what we used to consider ok and not ok in public behavior. I'll add to that, attitude towards teachers, teaching children that free speech is more important than good manners.
The issue is and you and I had it. We were shouting at each other instead of listening and speaking to one another. Teachers need to teach subject matter not political ideology. That’s up to the parents.

I graduated public school in 1977, and have no kids - what I hear about school I hear from other people or I see the results in university students. Not enough people listening is a problem, but there is also an open disrespect. An acceptance of that disrespect. I think it starts with what we teach our children. We didn't learn political ideology other than how it related to history or civics. That was long ago.
thankfully we have dems telling us how bad everyone that disagrees with them is,,

The best is the leftists on this site (not Coyote) call me a white supremacist. I am literally a Jew. Leftists on this site are very stupid.

The problem with identity politics is blacks aren't allowed to be conservative, Christians aren't allowed to be liberal, Jews aren't allowed to be conservative.

Lots of stupid people.
then why do you always play the identity politics game???

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.

Do you?

Lots of stupid people.
Yep. I do What I want. I dont try to fit into a certain mold.

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.
whats funny is that you think I'm a republican,, well not really funny but more pathetic your hate is so bad anyone that disagrees with you is a republican or a bad person,,,

What's funny is you think I'm a Dem. But I know better than to argue with morons.
if youre not a dem than what are you?? just another hate filled childless women??
maybe I am tired of being talked down to by hate filled people that want to control my life and the lives of my children,,
We are all tired of that but if we start acting like they do then they have won.

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.

We are all tired of that but if we start acting like they do then they have won.
if we dont start confronting them we lost,, and calling them out on their hate is not acting like them,,

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.

if we dont start confronting them we lost,, and calling them out on their hate is not acting like them,,
Therein lies the problem. How to best confront them. Haven’t solved it yet. Pejoratives will just feed their mantra.

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.

There is no difference between right and left when it comes to hate filled people or trying to control other's lives.

Just look at reproductive and marriage rights.

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.

Yet you do.

"MY SIDE"???

you just think that means republican, republicans are leftwing just not as far left as dems,,

This might be a bridge too far but what the hell....apply that to others.

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.

Therein lies the problem. How to best confront them. Haven’t solved it yet. Pejoratives will just feed their mantra.
I wish I could just ignore them,, but they are creeping more into my life and house daily,,

my whole goal in being on this forum is to either stop dems and repubes from dictating my life or harass them for doing it,,

"MY SIDE"???

This might be a bridge too far but what the hell....apply that to others.
apply what to others??

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.

Yet you do.
I dont hate you,, I just want you and others that think like you out of my life and my house,,
but you insist on using government to control me,,

Just talking to people on this forum you might get the sense that things are pretty bad. People seem very angry and unsatisfied. Is that true though? Nobody really starves in the U.S other than freak situations. Most people can find some kind of employment and decent shelter. Are your lives really so bad that it justifies the anger in politics?
it's not as bad as the politicians tell us it is but the partisans here only listen to what politicians say

That said it certainly could be a hell of a lot better

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.

There is no difference between right and left when it comes to hate filled people or trying to control other's lives.

Just look at reproductive and marriage rights.
Different hate, same stupid people. When someone tells me I have white privilege, I immediately view them as a moron.

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.

Yet you do.
I dont hate you,, I just want you and others that think like you out of my life and my house,,
but you insist on using government to control me,,

:lol:

Yet you insist on using government to do exactly that. To tell me who I can or can't marry. To insert yourself into my most intimate medical decisions. To try and prevent me from voting. Geez. You use it when it suits you.

We can all generalize here.

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.

I wish I could just ignore them,, but they are creeping more into my life and house daily,,

my whole goal in being on this forum is to either stop dems and repubes from dictating my life or harass them for doing it,,
Can’t ignore. Must confront. Just in a logical and decisive manner.

Forum List

Back