How bad is life in the United States?

I'm okay because I left Los Angeles. Friends who still live there are leaving. Disease has taken over the homeless and the drug addicted, mentally ill homeless are everywhere. The Mayor says merely leaving your home to take out the trash is dangerous. The elderly mother has been attacked twice, for fun. Last time her wrist was broken. The entire family is going to Israel. As soon as their Israeli passports come through. They won't travel on American passports or as American citizens.

I'll never understand all of this anger, and "Save America" and "take our country back" nonsense. The people who involve themselves in this garbage have never shown that they have been subjected to anything any worse than the rest of us have. There have always been riots of various sorts back to the early days of this nation. There have been many assassinations, government-imposed gag-rules, bombings, and attacks on everything from houses of worship to medical clinics to bars. How have these people been more affected than anyone else?

No one needs to take anything back because we are a nation of almost 330 million folks, a nation that has never gone anywhere and does not need saving, much less saving by the likes of these morons.
Sez another lying commie traitor.

Well, if it wasn't for the government taking all their money and giving it to the Negroes and Mexicans, the Trumpists would have enough money from their Walmart associate job to move out of the trailer and into a nice split level in the suburbs.

But what about those pesky inconvenient facts that get away of your ‘feels good to say’ bullshit?
58250662691e882c4e8b55e2

I'll never understand all of this anger, and "Save America" and "take our country back" nonsense. The people who involve themselves in this garbage have never shown that they have been subjected to anything any worse than the rest of us have. There have always been riots of various sorts back to the early days of this nation. There have been many assassinations, government-imposed gag-rules, bombings, and attacks on everything from houses of worship to medical clinics to bars. How have these people been more affected than anyone else?

No one needs to take anything back because we are a nation of almost 330 million folks, a nation that has never gone anywhere and does not need saving, much less saving by the likes of these morons.
The US is undergoing significant changes in social and maybe political shapes. The changes always scare people because alongside with opportunities they bring uncertainties and issues. One may like it or not, but the US will be much different in say 50 years on than it was 50 years back.

This has always been the case, and certainly has been the case in my lifetime. But most folks accept reality and the inevitability of change, and are not violent. These folks seem to have a great sense of entitlement. They are just spoiled.
“Entitled” to live in a nation and raise their children in a nation that still operates on the good old fashioned core American value systems?

Not bad but would be better if we weren't all of the sudden so easily offended.

Sometimes it seems like people enjoy being toxic and angry.
Nope. People are just too easily offended.
A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.
Define common decency. I believe it is still very strong in America.

Do you?

I see things said (in the name of "it's free speech so I can" ) publicly, that would have caused unified public condemnation at one time. Same with behavior.

Even my neighbor shocked me once, when he referred to the "****** in the White House".

I'm not saying everyone, but enough people to change what we used to consider ok and not ok in public behavior. I'll add to that, attitude towards teachers, teaching children that free speech is more important than good manners.
The issue is and you and I had it. We were shouting at each other instead of listening and speaking to one another. Teachers need to teach subject matter not political ideology. That’s up to the parents.

Just talking to people on this forum you might get the sense that things are pretty bad. People seem very angry and unsatisfied. Is that true though? Nobody really starves in the U.S other than freak situations. Most people can find some kind of employment and decent shelter. Are your lives really so bad that it justifies the anger in politics?
How bad is life in the United States?
Every single metropolitan area predominantly inhabited by Liberals is a disgusting, confused, divided shithole.
Metaphorically speaking, much of our nation is more less comprised of Lions and Gazelles trying to coexist. That neat sounding ‘melting pot’ theory that we were all sold years ago has finally shit the bed. We are too different in too many different ways....too divided by cultural differences, by language, by religion etc etc.
America has lost it’s identity and that’s exactly what twisted liberals wanted all along...they hate established standards, expectations and normalities among the citizenry..The ‘American Way’ is what stood in their way for decades.

Actually, I don't give a damn what the rest of the world thinks. There are some places in this country where you don't want to be after sundown, that's true. So get your ass off the streets before dark, okay? And BTW, there are numerous places in Europe where you don't wanna be either.

Are your lives really so bad that it justifies the anger in politics?

Identity politics. The politicians, aided and abetted by the media, have fanned the flames of hate and distrust over a wide range if issues, including but not limited to: religion, abortion, inequality, climate change, public safety and security, job security, education, immigration, and so on. Whatever their position is on something, many of us are indoctrinated from an early age to be for or against something, and if things don't go our way then we tend to get upset about it. I think most of us just shrug our shoulders and get on with the business of living, but some of us take to the streets in protest and a few resort to violence and destruction.

So, are our lives that bad, enough to justify anger in politics? No, but we are stirred up to be.

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.
yeah you dems set that stage over the last 4 yrs,,,
It's funny how you Repubs have a memory that only extends 4 years.
whats funny is that you think I'm a republican,, well not really funny but more pathetic your hate is so bad anyone that disagrees with you is a republican or a bad person,,,

FYI I just think you dems are far worse than repubes,,

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.

Do you?

I see things said (in the name of "it's free speech so I can" ) publicly, that would have caused unified public condemnation at one time. Same with behavior.

Even my neighbor shocked me once, when he referred to the "****** in the White House".

I'm not saying everyone, but enough people to change what we used to consider ok and not ok in public behavior. I'll add to that, attitude towards teachers, teaching children that free speech is more important than good manners.
The issue is and you and I had it. We were shouting at each other instead of listening and speaking to one another. Teachers need to teach subject matter not political ideology. That’s up to the parents.

I graduated public school in 1977, and have no kids - what I hear about school I hear from other people or I see the results in university students. Not enough people listening is a problem, but there is also an open disrespect. An acceptance of that disrespect. I think it starts with what we teach our children. We didn't learn political ideology other than how it related to history or civics. That was long ago.

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.

Do you?

I graduated public school in 1977, and have no kids - what I hear about school I hear from other people or I see the results in university students. Not enough people listening is a problem, but there is also an open disrespect. An acceptance of that disrespect. I think it starts with what we teach our children. We didn't learn political ideology other than how it related to history or civics. That was long ago.
thankfully we have dems telling us how bad everyone that disagrees with them is,,

nothing helps a society grow than that kind of hate for others,,

Actually, I don't give a damn what the rest of the world thinks. There are some places in this country where you don't want to be after sundown, that's true. So get your ass off the streets before dark, okay? And BTW, there are numerous places in Europe where you don't wanna be either.

Are your lives really so bad that it justifies the anger in politics?

Identity politics. The politicians, aided and abetted by the media, have fanned the flames of hate and distrust over a wide range if issues, including but not limited to: religion, abortion, inequality, climate change, public safety and security, job security, education, immigration, and so on. Whatever their position is on something, many of us are indoctrinated from an early age to be for or against something, and if things don't go our way then we tend to get upset about it. I think most of us just shrug our shoulders and get on with the business of living, but some of us take to the streets in protest and a few resort to violence and destruction.

So, are our lives that bad, enough to justify anger in politics? No, but we are stirred up to be.

I think identity politics has become the norm for both sides now. The media is an interesting point. We now have more media choices than ever before - EVER. Exponentially more. Yet we have fewer "tools" to understand what we are reading in a critical manner. The media hasn't changed in terms of "if it bleeds it reads", yellow journalism was coined around 1900. I think some of the problems with the media are the 24 hour news cycle (gotta find/opine/create SOMETHING every hour), everything becomes national (what used to be a local murder becomes a national one), and, non-political things become politicized and spread virally faster than the truth can ever hope to catch up to. There is responsible media with integrity, there is media with a mix depending on the issue, and there is outright tabloid crap. I TOTALLY agree with you, we are constantly being stirred up - sometimes it's important sometimes it isn't, people are always finding something to be outraged about.

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.

Do you?

thankfully we have dems telling us how bad everyone that disagrees with them is,,

Take the log out of your eyes.

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.
whats funny is that you think I'm a republican,, well not really funny but more pathetic your hate is so bad anyone that disagrees with you is a republican or a bad person,,,

What's funny is you think I'm a Dem. But I know better than to argue with morons.

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.

Do you?

I did,, and all I see from people like you is hate of anyone that doesnt agree with you,,

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.

What's funny is you think I'm a Dem. But I know better than to argue with morons.
if youre not a dem than what are you?? just another hate filled childless women??

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.

Do you?

I sit on a board of a major U. We need to teach kids how to think not what to think. I have two young girls. Their teachers suck for the most part.

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.

if youre not a dem than what are you?? just another hate filled childless women??
Jezzzuuuus dude, that is so cold. What is the matter with you?

A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.

Do you?

I did,, and all I see from people like you is hate of anyone that doesnt agree with you,,
The best is the leftists on this site (not Coyote) call me a white supremacist. I am literally a Jew. Leftists on this site are very stupid.

I frequently agree to disagree. Yet you hate me for it :dunno: Go figure.

I think the spreading intolerance of different points of view is bipartisan. If you can't see it from your own side...well, that log might be more deeply embedded then we thought.

We aren't just the opponent. We can't disagree. We are pedophile satan worshippers. We are the filth. We are human scum (per your president). We are commies. We are unpatriotic. We are Femi-nazis. We are America haters. We are godless. We are welfare queens. We are elitists. We are traitors. We support China. We are anti-American. You are racists. You are uneducated. You are deplorable. You are fundies. You are anti-woman. Have I left anything out?

Ya. About that log. Seek spiritual advice.

Forum List

Back