How About This Statue?

Here is a place that represents those who actually did put the black man into chains. The home of the KKK and Jim Crow.

dnc-office.jpg

Wrong. The home of the KKK is here....

dscn4297wtmk.jpg

You can barely see it but there's a plaque to the left of the door put there exactly a hundred years ago by the Daughters of the Confederacy, marking that building at 205 West Madison Street in Pulaski Tennessee as the site, with the founders' names: Maj, James Crowe, Calvin Jones (whose father at the time used it as his law office), Capt. John B. Kennedy, Capt. John Lester, Frank O; McCord and Richard Reed. All of them were ex-Confederate soldiers; none of them were Democrats.

You can't read that plaque today because when the building was sold about 25 years ago the new owner turned it around so it shows a blank side. Nobody ran people over with a Dodge Challenger in protest, nobody lit "Tiki torches" :gay: --- in fact nobody marched at all.

Of course -- they also didn't have orange freaks in high places inciting them to either.

That's the original "home".

The Klan used to have their own building though. Big one. They had to sell it off and dissolve the whole organization when the IRS slapped 'em with tax bill and the governor of Georgia revoked their charter. In 1944.
The KKK attacked blacks and Republicans that doesn't sound like they are anything other then democrats, or at least wearing the uniform of a democrat.

"Birth of a Nation." Shown in the democrat controlled WH, and that isn't that long ago.

So when given facts that contradict your beliefs your response is "who cares I want to believe what I want to believe, your facts will be ignored even if they contradict what I believe 100%".

I have this bridge for sale in Brooklyn, it was built last year and is in great shape. We'll call it the , uh, Brooklyn Bridge. Now don't tell anyone but I bought it real cheap ona' count this mook owed me money see, so's I'm gonna give to you at a real good price. An' if'un you like that deal I also recently purchased some swamp land in Death Valley. Don't let the name fool ya', 'death' didn't mean the same thing back when it was named in the 1800s, it meant 'land of water and frogs'.

Here is a place that represents those who actually did put the black man into chains. The home of the KKK and Jim Crow.

dnc-office.jpg

dscn4297wtmk.jpg

You can barely see it but there's a plaque to the left of the door put there exactly a hundred years ago by the Daughters of the Confederacy, marking that building at 205 West Madison Street in Pulaski Tennessee as the site, with the founders' names: Maj, James Crowe, Calvin Jones (whose father at the time used it as his law office), Capt. John B. Kennedy, Capt. John Lester, Frank O; McCord and Richard Reed. All of them were ex-Confederate soldiers; none of them were Democrats.

You can't read that plaque today because when the building was sold about 25 years ago the new owner turned it around so it shows a blank side. Nobody ran people over with a Dodge Challenger in protest, nobody lit "Tiki torches" :gay: --- in fact nobody marched at all.

Of course -- they also didn't have orange freaks in high places inciting them to either.

The Klan used to have their own building though. Big one. They had to sell it off and dissolve the whole organization when the IRS slapped 'em with tax bill and the governor of Georgia revoked their charter. In 1944.
The KKK attacked blacks and Republicans that doesn't sound like they are anything other then democrats, or at least wearing the uniform of a democrat.

"Birth of a Nation." Shown in the democrat controlled WH, and that isn't that long ago.

So when given facts that contradict your beliefs your response is "who cares I want to believe what I want to believe, your facts will be ignored even if they contradict what I believe 100%".

I have this bridge for sale in Brooklyn, it was built last year and is in great shape. We'll call it the , uh, Brooklyn Bridge. Now don't tell anyone but I bought it real cheap ona' count this mook owed me money see, so's I'm gonna give to you at a real good price. An' if'un you like that deal I also recently purchased some swamp land in Death Valley. Don't let the name fool ya', 'death' didn't mean the same thing back when it was named in the 1800s, it meant 'land of water and frogs'.
You leftists are so full of yourselves. Of course the actually DNC headquarters isn't the birth place of the KKK. But the democrat party, or those holding those views sure were. Now you may wish to revise history but myself, let's stick to reality.

Here, read this, for crying out loud try and learn some history;

History Of The Democrats And The KKK.....(Why the Democrats started the KKK)

dnc-office.jpg

dscn4297wtmk.jpg

You leftists are so full of yourselves. Of course the actually DNC headquarters isn't the birth place of the KKK. But the democrat party, or those holding those views sure were. Now you may wish to revise history but myself, let's stick to reality.

Eh! If you don't like frogs just say so.

Last edited:

dnc-office.jpg

dscn4297wtmk.jpg

No "Democrats" started the Klan. I've shown you the building, which at the time in 1865 was used as the law office of Thomas Jones. His son Calvin was housesitting there, and was joined by the five other ex-soldiers I already posted. Again, as also already posted NONE of them were Democrats. There's no such history, nor could there be since there were no Democrats in Tennessee in 1865.

And the re-started Klan, the big one, was founded by William Joseph Simmons in 1915 --- the same period of Lost Cause revisionism that put up all these statues and monuments under attack now, usually by the same UDC that put up the Klan plaque that lists those six names I already posted. And again --- there's no record of Simmons having any political party or activity.

I gave you specific names, specific dates, specific locations. All of that is available for you as search terms to find any evidence to prove me wrong.

You can't do it.

---- and btw your cheap-blog link doesn't even mention any of those names or any origin story at all. So you utterly failed. All it says, in third person, is:

Although it is relatively unreported today, historical documents are unequivocal that the Klan was established by Democrats and that the Klan played a prominent role in the Democratic Party," Barton writes in his book. "In fact, a 13-volume set of congressional investigations from 1872 conclusively and irrefutably documents that fact.
It's "unreported" because it's made-up. The history is already on the record and has been for well over a century, as I posted originally. As for the 1872 congressional hearings, I have a copy right here, and it absolutely does not say anything like that. Again --- prove me wrong and quote it.

Last edited:

dnc-office.jpg

dscn4297wtmk.jpg

No "Democrats" started the Klan. I've shown you the building, which at the time in 1865 was used as the law office of Thomas Jones. His son Calvin was housesitting there, and was joined by the five other ex-soldiers I already posted. Again, as also already posted NONE of them were Democrats. There's no such history, nor could there be since there were no Democrats in Tennessee in 1865.

And the re-started Klan, the big one, was founded by William Joseph Simmons in 1915 --- the same period of Lost Cause revisionism that put up all these statues and monuments under attack now, usually by the same UDC that put up the Klan plaque that lists those six names I already posted. And again --- there's no record of Simmons having any political party or activity.

I gave you specific names, specific dates, specific locations. All of that is available for you as search terms to find any evidence to prove me wrong.

You can't do it.

---- and btw your cheap-blog link doesn't even mention any of those names or any origin story at all. So you utterly failed. All it says, in third person, is:

Although it is relatively unreported today, historical documents are unequivocal that the Klan was established by Democrats and that the Klan played a prominent role in the Democratic Party," Barton writes in his book. "In fact, a 13-volume set of congressional investigations from 1872 conclusively and irrefutably documents that fact.
It's "unreported" because it's made-up. The history is already on the record and has been for well over a century, as I posted originally. As for the 1872 congressional hearings, I have a copy right here, and it absolutely does not say anything like that. Again --- prove me wrong and quote it.
Name a source, other then yourself, that I can quote that you will accept. What we know for fact is that the KKK after the civil war attacked blacks and white Republicans, do you dispute that fact?

What we know is that Woodrow Wilson showed the Klan film "A Birth of a Nation" in the actual WH, do you dispute that fact?

The names of those who actually started the first KKK are not important, it is what they did. And what they did was all in support of the democrats.

Founded in 1866, the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) extended into almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party’s Reconstruction-era policies aimed at establishing political and economic equality for blacks. Its members waged an underground campaign of intimidation and violence directed at white and black Republican leaders. Though Congress passed legislation designed to curb Klan terrorism, the organization saw its primary goal–the reestablishment of white supremacy–fulfilled through Democratic victories in state legislatures across the South in the 1870s. After a period of decline, white Protestant nativist groups revived the Klan in the early 20th century, burning crosses and staging rallies, parades and marches denouncing immigrants, Catholics, Jews, blacks and organized labor. The civil rights movement of the 1960s also saw a surge of Ku Klux Klan activity, including bombings of black schools and churches and violence against black and white activists in the South.

Ku Klux Klan - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com

dnc-office.jpg

dscn4297wtmk.jpg

Put there by democrats

Lenin liberated the Russian people from a feudal existence. That is worth a statue.

Lenin did much evil also.

Right.....Lenin started the Red Terror in order to gain power which killed up to 1.5 million people.....
Hmmm,first of all that figure is unsubstantiated. Secondly he was fighting a war against a wicked enemy. There was good and bad on both sides.
He was probably no angel but he wasnt a mass murderer either.

Hmmm,first of all that figure is unsubstantiated. Secondly he was fighting a war against a wicked enemy. There was good and bad on both sides.
He was probably no angel but he wasnt a mass murderer either.

"good and bad on both sides"?

Jesus H. Christ, Tainted One!!!!!

You're all of a sudden channelling President Donald Trump!

Careful - you're setting yourself up for re-education of the most extreme sort.

Bad Vlad Lenin....father of communism, founder of the Soviet Union, mass-murderer.....yet there he is in downtown Portland. Should he stay or should he go?

687474703a2f2f6b61746572696e616861776c65792e636f6d2f7265736f75726365732f5374617475652b6f662b566c6164696d69722b4c656e696e2b696e2b53656174746c652e6a7067
I'm all for taking down all Lenin statues, including in Russia.

Do you agree?

Lenin liberated the Russian people from a feudal existence. That is worth a statue.

No he didn't. There was a revolution prior to the bolshevik revolution that installed a democratic government. The bolsheviks overthrew that government, not the monarchy

Bad Vlad Lenin....father of communism, founder of the Soviet Union, mass-murderer.....yet there he is in downtown Portland. Should he stay or should he go?

687474703a2f2f6b61746572696e616861776c65792e636f6d2f7265736f75726365732f5374617475652b6f662b566c6164696d69722b4c656e696e2b696e2b53656174746c652e6a7067

That statue should definitely be removed! Lenin's beliefs were in direct contradiction to American principals.

Funny that there are almost no statues honoring Thomas Paine in the U.S. In fact there are more in Britain.

Forum List

Back