How About a Family Pride Day?

In Rome Italy this week there was a huge massively attended "Family Pride Day" to celebrate traditional moms, dads and kids.

I'll admit this warmed by heart. We need this here.

I just wonder what the reaction would be from the left here in the USA if Americans staged such an event? Would the talking heads on television even mention it? Or would they condemn it? Would the Squad protest such an event as anti-LGBTX? Or pretend it didn't happen? Would the media even cover it? (Pro choice/women's rights/women's march demonstrations get much news coverage for example, but a huge pro life demonstration got almost none. See Here's why the media ignore the March for Life but fawn over the Women's March )

Would DC even issue a permit to have it?

Would a gay couple and their kids be welcome? If so, I don't have a problem with it.

In Rome Italy this week there was a huge massively attended "Family Pride Day" to celebrate traditional moms, dads and kids.

I'll admit this warmed by heart. We need this here.

I just wonder what the reaction would be from the left here in the USA if Americans staged such an event? Would the talking heads on television even mention it? Or would they condemn it? Would the Squad protest such an event as anti-LGBTX? Or pretend it didn't happen? Would the media even cover it? (Pro choice/women's rights/women's march demonstrations get much news coverage for example, but a huge pro life demonstration got almost none. See Here's why the media ignore the March for Life but fawn over the Women's March )

Would DC even issue a permit to have it?

You just triggered the leftist on this board.

I miss the America when everyday was a pride day for families. Real families with a real mom and a real dad.

Anyone notice the more America loses its morals and standards and values the more shootings, crime, illegals, inflation, government control, and so on we have? A lack of traditional families raises generations of dumb, lazy, selfish, immoral, hedonistic kids.
I think the breakdown of the traditional American family has been a HUGE factor in the increase in crime, a corrupt self serving government,
Would a gay couple and their kids be welcome? If so, I don't have a problem with it.
A gay couple with kids is not a traditional family with a mom and dad in the home. Certainly gay couples have raised children competently but it is not the same as having a mom and dad in the home.

I'm pretty sure one of those banners recognizing and praising the traditional family would not be allowed into a gay pride parade or other celebration.

When is the last time you saw a magazine article or television program or anything else pointing out the value of the traditional family with a responsible mom and dad in the home raising their kids?

Every day.

Sure some gay couples have raised children in a responsible manner. But they would be in the minority. So I would say, no, they wouldn't be welcome because the majority are not fit to raise a kid.

Children need a mother and a father to get that balance for growing up. It's no guarantee the kid will grow up to be a model citizen but the averages are much greater.

Babies come pre programmed in their DNA to respond to mothers and fathers and each can add to a childs development and maturing as they can learn and experience both men and women during their formative years and grow up to understand each sex better. Plus mothers and fathers increase a child's knowledge and experience because each has something very different than the other to offer the child. A mother and a father can raise a more well rounded child than 2 dads or 2 moms because the child is being raised by only one sex.

When the vast majority of non traditional families you see are raising small children like this family then I say "fuck no they aren't welcome".

I think the breakdown of the traditional American family has been a HUGE factor in the increase in crime, a corrupt self serving government,

A gay couple with kids is not a traditional family with a mom and dad in the home. Certainly gay couples have raised children competently but it is not the same as having a mom and dad in the home.

I'm pretty sure one of those banners recognizing and praising the traditional family would not be allowed into a gay pride parade or other celebration.

I don't agree with straight people keeping out a gay couple any more than I agree with gay people keeping out a straight couple.

Sure some gay couples have raised children in a responsible manner. But they would be in the minority. So I would say, no, they wouldn't be welcome because the majority are not fit to raise a kid.

Children need a mother and a father to get that balance for growing up. It's no guarantee the kid will grow up to be a model citizen but the averages are much greater.

Babies come pre programmed in their DNA to respond to mothers and fathers and each can add to a childs development and maturing as they can learn and experience both men and women during their formative years and grow up to understand each sex better. Plus mothers and fathers increase a child's knowledge and experience because each has something very different than the other to offer the child. A mother and a father can raise a more well rounded child than 2 dads or 2 moms because the child is being raised by only one sex.

When the vast majority of non traditional families you see are raising small children like this family then I say "fuck no they aren't welcome".

"vast majority" What metrics are using for this statement?

You apparently believe freedom means doing what you personally believe is right. Does that mean you would exclude people with differing religions and political beliefs from yours should be excluded as well?

I don't agree with straight people keeping out a gay couple any more than I agree with gay people keeping out a straight couple.
But whatever happened to being able to focus on one aspect of American society, tradition, history, or whatever without being obligated to also include or mention everything else?

Folgers should not have to include Lipton Tea in its advertising. One has nothing to do with the other.
Those celebrating Hannukah should not have to include those celebrating Christmas or vice versa. One has nothing to do with the other.
Those celebrating farmers should not have to include steel workers. One has nothing to do with the other.

Traditional families are not gay and there is no way that gay people should feel obligated to recognize, include, or honor them when they are celebrating something else.

Gay couples with kids are not traditional families and there is no way those honoring, recognizing, promoting traditional families should feel obligated to recognize, include, or honor gay couples.

To not include something unrelated to what you are celebrating is neither discriminatory nor disrespectful. It is just plain common sense and not unnecessarily diverting from or muddying the waters with whatever it is you are promoting.

Last edited:
But whatever happened to being able to focus on one aspect of American society, tradition, history, or whatever without being obligated to also include or mention everything else?

Folgers should not have to include Lipton Tea in its advertising. One has nothing to do with the other.
Those celebrating Hannukah should not have to include those celebrating Christmas or vice versa. One has nothing to do with the other.
Those celebrating farmers should not have to include steel workers. One has nothing to do with the other.

Traditional families are not gay and there is no way that gay people should feel obligated to recognize, include, or honor them when they are celebrating something else.

Gay couples with kids are not traditional families and there is no way those honoring, recognizing, promoting traditional families should feel obligated to recognize, include, or honor gay couples.

To not include something unrelated to what you are celebrating is neither discriminatory nor disrespectful. It is just plain common sense and not unnecessarily diverting from or muddying the waters with whatever it is you are promoting.

Then Christians should be able to exclude Jews from attending a Christmas pageant?

But there's no such thing. Straight people aren't proud that they're straight. When they think about it, they might be happy about it, relieved that they are, know that they are. But what straight person gets up in the morning thinking "I'm straight and I'm going make sure every damn person in the world knows it and respects me for it?"
You are stating (in longer prose) exactly the point I was making. 😎

Then Christians should be able to exclude Jews from attending a Christmas pageant?
No. But they should be able to exclude anybody disrupting or interfering with those attending a Christmas pageant. And a recognition of Hannukah or any other Jewish tradition would be inappropriate in that pageant.

When I was a kid our high school had a massive choral presentation of Handel's "Messiah" for our Christmas concert every year along with a few other traditional Christmas carols. The majority of students were in it. It was glorious and people from miles around--Christian, Jewish, Asian religions, Atheists etc.--came from miles around to attend it.

Nobody suggested that anybody or anything else must be recognized or included in that presentation. But the world wasn't 'woke' then and people were allowed to be who and what they were without being accused of disrespecting or discriminating against somebody else.

My sister who graduated from that high school went on to major in music and became a choir director herself. When she became aware that there were Jewish kids in her choir--Jewish kids who were enthusiastically singing the Christian Christmas music for the Christmas concert--she included a couple of Hannukah songs that all the Christian kids also sang enthusiastically. No fanfare. Nothing disruptive. Just a kindness to those kids. And there was not a single voice raised in objection.

And now we are to the point that we can't have Christmas concerts anymore even though Christmas is still an official national holiday. Store clerks are not allowed to say "Merry Christmas" to their customers. A local choir director who included one too many Christian carols in his winter concert--included because the students begged him to put it in--was fired. It has to be an all inclusive and generic national celebration now. And the country has lost something significant and precious that was good for everybody, Christian or not.

No. But they should be able to exclude anybody disrupting or interfering with those attending a Christmas pageant. And a recognition of Hannukah or any other Jewish tradition would be inappropriate in that pageant.

When I was a kid our high school had a massive choral presentation of Handel's "Messiah" for our Christmas concert every year along with a few other traditional Christmas carols. The majority of students were in it. It was glorious and people from miles around--Christian, Jewish, Asian religions, Atheists etc.--came from miles around to attend it.

Nobody suggested that anybody or anything else must be recognized or included in that presentation. But the world wasn't 'woke' then and people were allowed to be who and what they were without being accused of disrespecting or discriminating against somebody else.

My sister who graduated from that high school went on to major in music and became a choir director herself. When she became aware that there were Jewish kids in her choir--Jewish kids who were enthusiastically singing the Christian Christmas music for the Christmas concert--she included a couple of Hannukah songs that all the Christian kids also sang enthusiastically. No fanfare. Nothing disruptive. Just a kindness to those kids. And there was not a single voice raised in objection.

And now we are to the point that we can't have Christmas concerts anymore even though Christmas is still an official national holiday. Store clerks are not allowed to say "Merry Christmas" to their customers. A local choir director who included one too many Christian carols in his winter concert--included because the students begged him to put it in--was fired. It has to be an all inclusive and generic national celebration now. And the country has lost something significant and precious that was good for everybody, Christian or not.

I didn't mean to imply that gay couples should try to disrupt the gathering in Italy, either.

Where are Christmas concerts outlawed in this this country?

“Family Pride Day” should include ALL families. There are all kinds of families. When you restrict, nontraditional families from participating in “family pride day”, what you’re doing is telling them that they aren’t real families.

Anyone who calls themselves a “Family” should be celebrated for making that kind of commitment to others.

My father died when I was 11. Your “traditional family” would exclude me and my Mom.

I didn't mean to imply that gay couples should try to disrupt the gathering in Italy, either.

Where are Christmas concerts outlawed in this this country?
It isn't that they are outlawed. They are just politically incorrect and the 'woke' culture demands they not be held. And since the 'woke' culture now controls pretty much all of public education it just isn't done in most places anymore. Any educator who violates that is most likely going to be censured or fired.

Forum List

Back