House Speaker Kevin McCarthy Declines To Endorse Trump-Looking To Avoid A GOP Civil War.

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2022
My Happyi Place
Kevin McCarthy is risking Donald Trump’s wrath by not officially endorsing his third White House bid, but the speaker is also fulfilling an important mission: sparing the House GOP a civil war over 2024.

While scores of McCarthy’s members have already backed Trump, plenty of other Republicans are steering clear of the polarizing former president in the GOP primary. That camp includes virtually every swing-seat lawmaker, many of whom fear that embracing Trump could spell their electoral doom next fall — as well as allies of Trump’s rivals, from Ron DeSantis to Doug Burgum.

So as much as McCarthy might risk alienating Trump by staying on the sidelines, the California Republican also provides the most political cover he can to his vulnerable members. The pressure on the speaker to choose sides will only grow throughout the summer, though, as Trump locks down support across the House GOP and questions intensify about why McCarthy isn’t fully embracing the man who helped deliver him the speakership.

Kevin McCarthy is risking Donald Trump’s wrath by not officially endorsing his third White House bid, but the speaker is also fulfilling an important mission: sparing the House GOP a civil war over 2024.

While scores of McCarthy’s members have already backed Trump, plenty of other Republicans are steering clear of the polarizing former president in the GOP primary. That camp includes virtually every swing-seat lawmaker, many of whom fear that embracing Trump could spell their electoral doom next fall — as well as allies of Trump’s rivals, from Ron DeSantis to Doug Burgum.

So as much as McCarthy might risk alienating Trump by staying on the sidelines, the California Republican also provides the most political cover he can to his vulnerable members. The pressure on the speaker to choose sides will only grow throughout the summer, though, as Trump locks down support across the House GOP and questions intensify about why McCarthy isn’t fully embracing the man who helped deliver him the speakership.

Elected Republicans in Congressional leadership should remain neutral since they will have to work with whoever the winner will be...

Trump can't run if he's in prison. And that looks more and more likely each day. Smart move on McCarthy's part. Trying to play it safe, if there is such a thing for republicans anymore.

Trump can't run if he's in prison. And that looks more and more likely each day. Smart move on McCarthy's part. Trying to play it safe, if there is such a thing for republicans anymore.

No.....Trump can run if he is in prison.......the only requirements for being President...

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

He can be elected President, pardon himself and serve his 4 years...

No.....Trump can run if he is in prison.......the only requirements for being President...

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

You're insane if you believe that. How insane it is. Just looked it up. But then again he'd have to win and there aren't that many insane people in the US to vote for him.

Last edited:

I think is going to happen is that based on the current evidence available, the Rapist and Traitor is facing prison time. Fani Willis ain't gonna give up and with Jack Smith digging up more shit on Jan 6., not to mention the whole sale violations of the Espionage Act there can be no doubt of time behind bars for the Orange Shit Gibbon.

A President cannot pardon himself. For what should be very obvious reasons.

I think is going to happen is that based on the current evidence available, the Rapist and Traitor is facing prison time. Fani Willis ain't gonna give up and with Jack Smith digging up more shit on Jan 6., not to mention the whole sale violations of the Espionage Act there can be no doubt of time behind bars for the Orange Shit Gibbon.
Trump will never go to prison. If convicted, he will be placed on house arrest.

No shits given about all that....The very fact the the leftists want a rematch is all I need to know.

First, I am NOT a Leftist. I am an American. I am as much an American as you are. Like you I engage in my Constitutionally Protected Right To Freedom of Speech. A right that I, unlike the Rapist and Traitor have fought for and bled for.

It is through no fault of anyone but the Republicans that the Rapist and Traitor has a strangle hold on your party. You allowed. You condoned it. You supported it.

Nor is the fault of anyone but the Republicans that by putting the Rapist and Traitor at the top of the ticket all but insures a Republican blood bath down ticket. You do not want him there, then it up YOU to insure that does not happen.

Is Joe Biden my first choice to run next year, that would an emphatic NO. Nor was he my first choice in 2016. IF the Democrats put up a better Nominee I will vote for that person. Right now I do not see it. That does not mean I will sit out the election. I sure as hell hope Mr. Biden dumps V.P. Harris, she has proven her inadequate to the job. But then again Pence was not exactly a shining light either. He was more of doormat.

You people the Rapist and Traitor the power. You people believed his lies. That is all on you.

A President cannot pardon himself. For what should be very obvious reasons.

Why do you believe that? Please point to thqt in the constitution....to datw it has never been tested in the courts

Why do you believe that? Please point to thqt in the constitution....to datw it has never been tested in the courts
Lack of accountability and total bias. Just like judges must recuse themselves if they are personally involved.

Forum List

Back