House Republicans voted 60 times to repeal O-care & couldn't do it one more time when it counts

If Obamacare is not repealed and replaced by the midterms, there should be hell to pay for incumbent Republicans who would not figure out a way to get it done.
Repealing it would be almost impossible with the Senate as it is today. However, certain parts of the law can be change.

I would be fine with removing the worst elements, but something needs to be done to undo that shit show.

Rates are up 115% in Arizona this year....it's an absolute Dumpster Wreck...or a Train Fire, take your pick.
Those are premiums on the exchanges where only 14% of American get their insurance. You get these anomalies every year for certain age groups in certain areas of the country where the insurance pools are small and claims are high.

Most of the people buying insurance on the exchanges are doing so because they can't get employee sponsored insurance. Most of them have fairly serious pre-existing conditions and have chronic medical problems. At least half exceed their deductible every year. Their financial risk to the insurer is 4 times that of the average employee sponsored group plan and thus their premium is much higher and the size of the pool makes premium variations erratic.

Let's take a serious look at how much premiums have increase in 2016.
Employee Sponsored insurance 3%
Medicare 4%
Medicaid 0%
Individual Insurance 22%, 8% after subsidies.

The health insurance market is stable in most all areas of the country and there is no indications of collapse. The average increase in premiums paid by the public is only slightly higher than the increase in healthcare cost.

And the increase in healthcare costs is due to insurance.
Well sort of. The cost of health insurance is determined by the amount the company spends on healthcare claims plus their overhead plus their profit. Profit margins of the heath insurance sector is not very high, 3.3%. Compare to real estate and banking at 20% and drug companies at 22%. This probably accounts for the fact that are few new companies entering the market. Today 50% of the healthcare market is nonprofit and over 80% of our healthcare costs are paid by an insurers.

What a joke. Eight years of telling us they had a better plan.

You knew as well as I did that they never had a plan other than the one to cast "showboat" votes.

If they'd have had a draft bill that was any good, they'd have shared it ages ago and had all the kinks worked out so that passing the bill, as a process, was little but window dressing.
The tards will NEVER catch on to this fact, even though I have been pointing it out to them since I came to this forum.

God only knows how many times I asked them, "Repeal ObamaCare...AND THEN WHAT!?!?!"
And that has been the question that Republicans can not answer. Damn near ever Republican wants to repeal Obamacare but they have no idea what to replace it with. Eventually they will have to work with Democrats to solve some of the problems in Obamacare which will be really good for the country.

Can you say autocratic rule? LOL

If Obamacare is not repealed and replaced by the midterms, there should be hell to pay for incumbent Republicans who would not figure out a way to get it done.
Repealing it would be almost impossible with the Senate as it is today. However, certain parts of the law can be change.

I would be fine with removing the worst elements, but something needs to be done to undo that shit show.

Rates are up 115% in Arizona this year....it's an absolute Dumpster Wreck...or a Train Fire, take your pick.
Those are premiums on the exchanges where only 14% of American get their insurance. You get these anomalies every year for certain age groups in certain areas of the country where the insurance pools are small and claims are high.

Most of the people buying insurance on the exchanges are doing so because they can't get employee sponsored insurance. Most of them have fairly serious pre-existing conditions and have chronic medical problems. At least half exceed their deductible every year. Their financial risk to the insurer is 4 times that of the average employee sponsored group plan and thus their premium is much higher and the size of the pool makes premium variations erratic.

Medicare 4%
Medicaid 0%

The health insurance market is stable in most all areas of the country and there is no indications of collapse. The average increase in premiums paid by the public is only slightly higher than the increase in healthcare cost.
You're a delusional piece of shit
The gop hasn't had a particuliar stellar record in picking winners and losers in this aca debaucle.
I predict the aca will never collapse.And those that used it the last 8 years to win will probably lose.

What a joke. Eight years of telling us they had a better plan.
You knew as well as I did that they never had a plan other than the one to cast "showboat" votes. If they'd have had a draft bill that was any good, they'd have shared it ages ago and had all the kinks worked out so that passing the bill, as a process, was little but window dressing.
Yeah, I've been saying that for years. Flesh out your "plan", put it in book form, give it a snappy name, and hold it up in front of the camera every time you're interviewed.

But no, they've been saying, we don't need to do that. We have a plan and we'll show you what it is if we can get the White House.

Well, that sure was one big pile of bullshit, wasn't it?

that was any good, they'd have shared it ages ago and had all the kinks worked out so that passing the bill, as a process, was little but window dressing.The tards will NEVER catch on to this fact, even though I have been pointing it out to them since I came to this forum. God only knows how many times I asked them, "Repeal ObamaCare...AND THEN WHAT!?!?!"
This is a massive failure of governance.

"We have the plan, just give us the power". That was a lie, and they knew it. For eight years.

Medicare 4%
Medicaid 0%

The gop hasn't had a particuliar stellar record in picking winners and losers in this aca debaucle.
I predict the aca will never collapse.And those that used it the last 8 years to win will probably lose.
The prediction that the ACA will collapse is based on on a real problem, skyrocketing premiums in areas within certain states and some insurance companies backing out of the exchanges set up under the 2010 law.

However, the fact is the ACA is far more than healthcare exchanges setup for those that do not have healthcare coverage through their employer, Medicare, Medicaid, or the VA. The exchanges provide insurance to only about 14% of the insured. The remaining 86% has not seen large increases in premiums with the exception of the wealthy on Medicare. This year the average increase in premiums of employee sponsored health insurance, which is where most of us get our insurance was a meager 3%, down from about 4% the previous year. Most of the healthcare insurance market is alive healthy and will remain so under Obamacare.

Although the healthcare exchanges serve a relatively small segment of the population, critics of the ACA project the problems of healthcare exchange plans to all healthcare plans which is a purposeful distortion of facts

Medicare 4%
Medicaid 0%

The prediction that the ACA will collapse is based on on a real problem, skyrocketing premiums in areas within certain states and some insurance companies backing out of the exchanges set up under the 2010 law.

However, the fact is the ACA is far more than healthcare exchanges setup for those that do not have healthcare coverage through their employer, Medicare, Medicaid, or the VA. The exchanges provide insurance to only about 14% of the insured. The remaining 86% has not seen large increases in premiums with the exception of the wealthy on Medicare. This year the average increase in premiums of employee sponsored health insurance, which is where most of us get our insurance was a meager 3%, down from about 4% the previous year. Most of the healthcare insurance market is alive healthy and will remain so under Obamacare.

Although the healthcare exchanges serve a relatively small segment of the population, critics of the ACA project the problems of healthcare exchange plans to all healthcare plans which is a purposeful distortion of facts
Again, people want a free ride and no One wants to pay for their own shit...

Forum List

Back