House passes bill(398-17) opposing BDS, exposing divide among Democrats

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
The House on Tuesday passed legislation to oppose the global boycott movement against Israel, laying bare Democratic divisions on relations with the key U.S. ally.

The resolution to put lawmakers on the record opposing the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement to press Israel on human rights issues in its conflict with Palestinians passed easily on a 398-17 vote, with five members voting present. Sixteen Democrats, mostly progressives, voted against it.

The resolution’s opponents included progressive freshmen Reps. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) and Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.), who support the BDS

House Democratic leaders brought the resolution to the floor under a fast-track process that required a two-thirds majority for passage and limited debate to 40 minutes. No one spoke in opposition to the resolution during the allotted debate, but the two progressives delivered floor speeches earlier in the day to express why they’d vote against it.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

Epic fail for the nasty and stupid Dog Squad, Dumb@ss Omar in particular.

Omar: “Everyone who didn’t vote for my bill is a racist and a Nazi!”

Three ... Two ... One ...

Cue the rants about how Jews run the government.

anyone predict some kind of PUSH BACK BOYCOTT programs.
I have noticed that the city of Mecca has a very APARTHEID
approach to visitors-------how about a BOYCOTT of Mecca----
disallowing citizens of the US a "right" to visit that hell-hole----
or if they do------denying "return" (am I being vindictive?)

A "key US ally?" For what? Protecting the ally with billions of dollars in cash and military gear and fighting their wars? That is not an ally. That is a pimp. Folks, it is an ad hominem logical fallacy to deny fact simply because some hideous, grotesque lunatics promote it. The fact is Israel though the ADL, ETC., ETC., (they have literally hundreds of organizations in The West and in academia, the MSM, Internet, etc.) seek to attack our freedom of speech. Keep in mind it is unlikely any democrat got on the ballot without approval, so their obvious objective is to have American citizens say, "I disagree with the ugly Muslims and support special privileges for the Europhobic Jewish state that in effect attacks the US Constitution!" Don't fall for it. Ultra Jews and Ultra Muslims are basically the same thing.

All hate crimes are crimes, and anyone can feel free to boycott whoever they want and peacefully assemble to discuss their boycott.

A "key US ally?" For what? Protecting the ally with billions of dollars in cash and military gear and fighting their wars? That is not an ally. That is a pimp. Folks, it is an ad hominem logical fallacy to deny fact simply because some hideous, grotesque lunatics promote it. The fact is Israel though the ADL, ETC., ETC., (they have literally hundreds of organizations in The West and in academia, the MSM, Internet, etc.) seek to attack our freedom of speech. Keep in mind it is unlikely any democrat got on the ballot without approval, so their obvious objective is to have American citizens say, "I disagree with the ugly Muslims and support special privileges for the Europhobic Jewish state that in effect attacks the US Constitution!" Don't fall for it. Ultra Jews and Ultra Muslims are basically the same thing.

Also in NY.

The House on Tuesday passed legislation to oppose the global boycott movement against Israel, laying bare Democratic divisions on relations with the key U.S. ally.

The resolution to put lawmakers on the record opposing the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement to press Israel on human rights issues in its conflict with Palestinians passed easily on a 398-17 vote, with five members voting present. Sixteen Democrats, mostly progressives, voted against it.

The resolution’s opponents included progressive freshmen Reps. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) and Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.), who support the BDS

House Democratic leaders brought the resolution to the floor under a fast-track process that required a two-thirds majority for passage and limited debate to 40 minutes. No one spoke in opposition to the resolution during the allotted debate, but the two progressives delivered floor speeches earlier in the day to express why they’d vote against it.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

wow, 7% of the Dems were opposed...that is one hell of a divide! :laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Also she didn't say that. This poster did. Free Republic, where you want to take away freedom, because you are not free with you agree with no allowed to boycott Israel. Are you allowed to boycott Gemany , Palestine, Russia, or the big one
China(you'd have bare min in your home)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: DeathBeforeDishonor1
BWAAHH HAH HAH HAH HAH!!’

yet your Free Republic boycotts the Dixie Chicks.

Dixie Chicks boycott[edit]
“ It's scary how much power they do have. They can take down someone single-handedly and I don't think Americans are aware of that." — Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks, speaking about Free Republic.[42]
The band Dixie Chicks and lead singer Natalie Maines claim that Free Republic was instrumental in fueling a nationwide boycott of their music, which was organized by some former fans and radio stations after Maines made anti-Bush comments in 2003. In their 2006 documentary Shut Up and Sing as well as in interviews, the Dixie Chicks have often mentioned Free Republic in reference to the boycott, which sharply reduced sales of their CDs and concert tickets.

------------------------------------------------------

Free Republic - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Instigating Birther rumors about Barack Obama[edit]
On March 1, 2008, a Free Republic poster made the earliest recorded report of a rumor that then-candidate Barack Obama was secretly born outside the United States, and was falsely claiming to have been born in Hawaii. The poster may have been inspired by a legal hypothetical expressing a similar fact pattern posted at the law blog The Volokh Conspiracy the previous day. The Free Republic poster's claim was then promulgated across other blogs in the months that followed, eventually developing into the birther movement.[49]

So this is where the rumor started. I knew Clinton would not of started it.
Free Republic - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Forum List

Back