‘Hope cancer kills you soon’: Tolerant Left reaches out to Julie Boonstra

It is YOUR party that wants to defund cancer research and end hope for these people. You anti-government assholes should all be ashamed of yourselve.

Imagine if you got your way? Tens of billions of dollars worth of research would be thrown out and the work ended. I hope you can sleep at night.

Private drug companies do most of the cancer research, and Obamacare will bring that to a dead halt.

How?

Obamacare will not allow doctors to prescribe new expensive drugs. That's one way they plan on saving money. It goes on all the time in Europe.

Effective anti-cancer drugs are big money makers. Drug companies research them just like they research any other kind of drug. That will end when Obamacare prevents them from making a profit on the U.S. market.
That's not true at all. Drug companies will make billions.
Obamacare Will Bring Drug Industry $35 Billion In Profits - Forbes

Also, what about this story makes it a "left" or "right" issue?

Virtually no new drugs are developed in countries that have nationalized healthcare. That's all you need to know.
That's all I need to know? Where are new drugs developed? That's something else that I need to know. Please tell me since you are a genius who has all of the answers to every question that can possibly be asked.

It is YOUR party that wants to defund cancer research and end hope for these people. You anti-government assholes should all be ashamed of yourselve.

Imagine if you got your way? Tens of billions of dollars worth of research would be thrown out and the work ended. I hope you can sleep at night.

The left isn't a party.

Just saying.

That's not true at all. Drug companies will make billions.
Obamacare Will Bring Drug Industry $35 Billion In Profits - Forbes

Also, what about this story makes it a "left" or "right" issue?

Virtually no new drugs are developed in countries that have nationalized healthcare. That's all you need to know.
That's all I need to know? Where are new drugs developed? That's something else that I need to know. Please tell me since you are a genius who has all of the answers to every question that can possibly be asked.

The vast majority of them are developed in the USA. To be more specific, they are tested and initially marketed in the USA. Without the US market, no drug company would spend the $1 billion it takes to get a new drug to market.

Private drug companies do most of the cancer research, and Obamacare will bring that to a dead halt.

That is a myth being peddled to the gullible. When I first heard this I was appalled, as my Father died in 2006 from complications of bone cancer,and I also have a brother in law whose wife died from the complications of breast cancer in 2011.

The American Cancer Society, who contributes MOST of the non government funds to cancer research has this information available online for anyone to read.

https://www.cancer.org/myacs/eastern/areahighlights/cancernynj-news-aca-guide

Do you know that your link doesn't say a fucking thing about research? You are a fucking asshole and should go hide under the fucking bed.

It always kills me when these hypocrites accuse right-wingers of "hate."

'Hope cancer kills you soon': Tolerant Left reaches out to Julie Boonstra | Twitchy

Michigan mom and leukemia patient Julie Boonstra already had her run-in with the tolerant Left. Boonstra, who filmed an ad about her struggles with Obamacare for Americans for Prosperity, was targeted by Michigan Rep. Gary Peters, who threatened to sue her into silence.

That wasn’t the end of the attacks, however. Slade O’Brien, southern regional director for AFP, shared this letter sent anonymously to Boostra.​

BkGLhQtCQAAFBdq.jpg
Why would be tolerant of liars?

"On March 10, however, the Detroit News reported that Boonstra admitted that she had Premier Gold plan. That has an out-of-pocket cap of $5,100 a year.

In other words, her old plan cost $13,200 a year—before co-pays and other out-of-pocket expenses. The new plan is $11,952—including co-pays and out of pocket expenses. That’s a savings of more than $1,200 a year.

Boonstra’s response to this report was that it “can’t be true” because she was worried about high expenses early in the year and because she thought one of her prescription drugs was not covered. A spokesman for Blue Cross told the News that all of her prescriptions are covered and her co-pays on the drugs would help with meeting her out-of-pocket maximum.

In the meantime, her premium savings are building up every month. If the initial out-of-pocket costs were too high, she likely could have worked out a payment plan. But it is puzzling this still would be a mystery to her more than two months into the new plan."
Update: Julie Boonstra?s claim her Obamacare plan is ?unaffordable? gets downgraded to Three Pinocchios

If we start killing liars can we put you at the front of the line?

And it is YOUR party that creates bureaucratic nightmares that makes companies jump through decades long hoops to get approval for drugs.

Obamacare will not allow doctors to prescribe new expensive drugs.
That's one way they plan on saving money. It goes on all the time in Europe.

Do you have a citation to confirm what you are asserting? What happens in Europe doesn't always happen here.

Obama Care Will End Drug Advances and Europe's Free Ride (Unless China Steps in) - Forbes

Obama Care Will End Drug Advances and Europe's Free Ride (Unless China Steps in)

Ninety five percent of the new drugs coming on the market are developed for sale in the United States. They are paid for by American consumers, while other countries, such as Canada, Germany and France, free ride at our expense. The United States is the last major country that allows the market to set prices high enough to compensate pharmaceutical companies for their R&D investments. Obama Care will increasingly control pharmaceutical prices as costs rise and federal and state funds fall short. Major pharmaceutical advances will stop (How well will government labs work?), and the rest of the world will lose along with Americans.

. . . . . . . . . .

That is a myth being peddled to the gullible. When I first heard this I was appalled, as my Father died in 2006 from complications of bone cancer,and I also have a brother in law whose wife died from the complications of breast cancer in 2011.

The American Cancer Society, who contributes MOST of the non government funds to cancer research has this information available online for anyone to read.

Do you know that your link doesn't say a fucking thing about research? You are a fucking asshole and should go hide under the fucking bed.

And you are foul mouthed scum who can't read. In case you have not experienced losing a loved one to cancer, PREVENTION is often addressed in the PROCESS of RESEARCH. And the American Cancer Society which I happen to donate to, funds the majority of the non government sponsored research, which INCLUDES PREVENTION and IS DISCUSSED IN THE LINK TO THE SITE......you uneducated DICK.

http://cancerpreventionresearch.aacrjournals.org/

Last edited:
An anonymous letter means "the left"? What's "the right"? A post-it note?

What the fuck is wrong with you morons?

And you are foul mouthed scum who can't read. In case you have not experienced losing a loved one to cancer, PREVENTION is often addressed in the PROCESS of RESEARCH. And the American Cancer Society which i happen to donate to funds the majority of the non government sponsored research, you uneducated DICK.

Cancer Prevention Research

hmmmmm . . . wrong. Drug companies fund the majority of research into cancer drugs. It can cost up to $15 billion to bring a successful cancer drug to market.

An anonymous letter means "the left"? What's "the right"? A post-it note?

What the fuck is wrong with you morons?

Someone who attacks a critic of Obamacare is obviously a dick sucking drone like you.

It's Obamacare that will deny expensive cancer treatments, especially for the elderly.

This woman has the same problem many others do, thanks to Obamacare. They had plans they liked and could afford. Their plans got cancelled and the new choices are too expensive and they lose their doctors. Quit picking on people because they are rightfully angry that some jackasses in Washington decided to crudely step in and take their care away just so they could fund the people who vote for a living.

Those that do buy Obamacare, usually for three times as much, don't have the choices they did before. The research hospitals and many doctors are saying they will not accept Obamacare patients. Obamacare is all about more power for government and limited choices for the people. It sucks and the people who voted for it are idiots.

There is a reason why congress, the president, the unions and the IRS don't want any part of Obamacare. They know how bad it is and they want exempt. That right there tells you everything you need to know.
When the chef refuses to eat his own cooking, it means the food is poison.

Last edited:

And you are foul mouthed scum who can't read. In case you have not experienced losing a loved one to cancer, PREVENTION is often addressed in the PROCESS of RESEARCH. And the American Cancer Society which i happen to donate to funds the majority of the non government sponsored research, you uneducated DICK.

Cancer Prevention Research

hmmmmm . . . wrong. Drug companies fund the majority of research into cancer drugs. It can cost up to $15 billion to bring a successful cancer drug to market.

One more time....there is such a thing as PREVENTION research as well as DRUG TREATMENT research. As far as the drugs go, you certainly are free to post who some of those companies are and how much they spent on researching those drugs.....as well as how much they PROFIT from marketing the drugs to patients who need them after they are approved.

Hey Julie, it doesn't matter what you believe, it matters what is true, and you LIED!

"Boonstra’s old plan cost $1,100 a month in premiums or $13,200 a year, she previously told The News. It didn’t include money she spent on co-pays, prescription drugs and other out-of-pocket expenses.

By contrast, the Blues’ plan premium costs $571 a month or $6,852 for the year. Since out-of-pocket costs are capped at $5,100, including deductibles, the maximum Boonstra would pay this year for all of her cancer treatment is $11,952.

When advised of the details of her Blues’ plan, Boonstra said the idea that it would be cheaper “can’t be true.”

“I personally do not believe that,” Boonstra said.

She cannot believe this very likely because she has been fed a pack of lies by groups who want to exploit her, a woman with life-threatening leukemia, to help achieve their crass political goals."
UPDATEDx2: Koch brothers? fake ?Obamacare victim? Julie Boonstra made to look even more foolish and exploited | Eclectablog

Like most left wing rhetoric, the facts do not seem to all be there. Julie Boonstra is a mother, and that means she has a family. It also means that her last insurance plan was a family plan, and not an individual plan. Consequently, one has to compare the two plans equally.

The figures you cite do not ring true for a premier gold Blue's plan, except as a plan for an individual that does not smoke and is between forty and sixty years of age.

What are the figures for a family plan? I looked at the Michigan Blue's website, but one does not appear to be able to get that information without going through the enrollment procedure.

Hey Julie, it doesn't matter what you believe, it matters what is true, and you LIED!

"Boonstra’s old plan cost $1,100 a month in premiums or $13,200 a year, she previously told The News. It didn’t include money she spent on co-pays, prescription drugs and other out-of-pocket expenses.

By contrast, the Blues’ plan premium costs $571 a month or $6,852 for the year. Since out-of-pocket costs are capped at $5,100, including deductibles, the maximum Boonstra would pay this year for all of her cancer treatment is $11,952.

When advised of the details of her Blues’ plan, Boonstra said the idea that it would be cheaper “can’t be true.”

“I personally do not believe that,” Boonstra said.

She cannot believe this very likely because she has been fed a pack of lies by groups who want to exploit her, a woman with life-threatening leukemia, to help achieve their crass political goals."
UPDATEDx2: Koch brothers? fake ?Obamacare victim? Julie Boonstra made to look even more foolish and exploited | Eclectablog

Like most left wing rhetoric, the facts do not seem to all be there. Julie Boonstra is a mother, and that means she has a family. It also means that her last insurance plan was a family plan, and not an individual plan. Consequently, one has to compare the two plans equally.

The figures you cite do not ring true for a premier gold Blue's plan, except as a plan for an individual that does not smoke and is between forty and sixty years of age.

What are the figures for a family plan? I looked at the Michigan Blue's website, but one does not appear to be able to get that information without going through the enrollment procedure.
The reporters did their job I suspect, and she was married to a GOP party leader. Maybe her kids are on his policy?

Whatever you have, bring it. So far, I'm right.

Forum List

Back