Homosexuals need to know the difference between acceptance and tolerance

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
They are not the fucking same, I don't have to accept gay marriage and homosexual behavior in order to be tolerant of it. If I don't harass, bother, discriminate, or physically assault anyone and treat them with respect when I do have to interact with them I am being tolerant. Get over it and stop trying to force people to accept your bullshit.

I have to agree. Tolerance does not equal acceptance. It means "putting up with".

Last edited:
To tolerate is to keep your mouth shut and to not care, not to protest and push for unconstitutional shit like prop 8.

Bullshit, I can express my disagreement with gay marriage as long as i do it in a peaceful manner, I don't have to shut the fuck up.

To tolerate is to keep your mouth shut and to not care, not to protest and push for unconstitutional shit like prop 8.

Dissent is a constitutionally protected right, telling people to shut the fuck up and stay quiet unless you agree with me is not constitutional and is intolerant.

They are not the fucking same, I don't have to accept gay marriage and homosexual behavior in order to be tolerant of it. If I don't harass, bother, discriminate, or physically assault anyone and treat them with respect when I do have to interact with them I am being tolerant. Get over it and stop trying to force people to accept your bullshit.

What are Gays doing to force people to accept their "bullshit"?

The Chick Fil A owner and any person who disagrees with gay marriage are seen as homophobes, even the ones who don't harass nor mistreat gays, what they're saying is that unless you accept their gay marriage and homosexual behavior as love you're a homophobe.

Another homophobe bigot weighs in.

Tolerance and acceptance are not the same, I can disagree with anyone I want and as long as I don't mistreat them and I respect them I am being tolerant.
How was starting this defensive thread tolerant?

How was my thread homophobic? You implied so, and my thread was explaining a difference between two things that are often mistaken to be one and the same.

Flaylo is droppin' the "truth hammer" and all some of you guys can do is call him names.

I must have woke up in an alternate universe or somethin'.

The Chick Fil A owner and any person who disagrees with gay marriage are seen as homophobes, even the ones who don't harass nor mistreat gays, what they're saying is that unless you accept their gay marriage and homosexual behavior as love you're a homophobe.

Lets stick with Chick Fil A since you mentioned it, what is it you think gays did to Ckick Fil A?

Lets stick with Chick Fil A since you mentioned it, what is it you think gays did to Ckick Fil A?

What did he do to them except express his views?

What did he do to them except express his views?

I don't think as far as him expressing his views he did anything wrong but I was just curious what gays did to force their views on people. And I might agree with you somewhat..

tol·er·ance   /ˈtɒlərəns/ Show Spelled[tol-er-uhns] Show IPA
noun
1. a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, etc., differ from one's own; freedom from bigotry.
2. a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
3. interest in and concern for ideas, opinions, practices, etc., foreign to one's own; a liberal, undogmatic viewpoint.
4. the act or capacity of enduring; endurance: My tolerance of noise is limited.
5. Medicine/Medical, Immunology .
a. the power of enduring or resisting the action of a drug, poison, etc.: a tolerance to antibiotics.
b. the lack of or low levels of immune response to transplanted tissue or other foreign substance that is normally immunogenic.

ac·cept·ance   /ækˈsɛptəns/ Show Spelled[ak-sep-tuhns] Show IPA
noun
1. the act of taking or receiving something offered.
2. favorable reception; approval; favor.
3. the act of assenting or believing: acceptance of a theory.
4. the fact or state of being accepted or acceptable.
5. acceptation ( def. 1 ) .

Looking the fucking definitions, I do not have to approve nor be in favor of gay marriage and homosexual behavior in order to accept it.

Forum List

Back