Homeschooling surges as parents realize how worthless public schools are

Nothing many of us didn't already know.

"I think the future for homeschooling is really bright," he said. "All the grownups have learned during the pandemic that work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go." And that has led many of them to rethink traditional schooling models as well.

Parents in the U.S. are continuing to show elevated interest in homeschooling, signaling a potential surge as the future of institutional in-person schooling throughout the country remains unclear in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beginning just over a year ago, schools throughout the country began to close down for fears that schoolchildren might contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Most school districts switched to "virtual" learning models in which students studied lessons via Zoom-based instruction, with many of them required to sit in front of computer screens for long hours every day.

Interest in homeschooling shot up late last year, particularly as teachers nationwide were refusing to return to classrooms and in-person education in the winter and spring of 2021 appeared less likely.

Some schools across the country have since opened up for in-person instruction, yet homeschooling leaders across the country are reporting still-elevated homeschool activity from parents who in normal years would likely not have considered it.

Johannes Ziegler, the founder and CEO of the home instruction company Miacademy, said he "absolutely" expects interest in homeschooling to remain elevated above its earlier levels.
And another butt hurt from the "conservatives"

Home schooling has gone up because people are worried about sending kids in the petri dish that schools are now so that you can get your morning order of 6 mcmuffins, 4 hash browns, 8 cinnamon rolls. and. of course, a diet coke.
???????
Faux Butt-hurt Trumpinistas are looking for another faux issue to show their faux rage.

On the one hand they demand schools reopen and on the other they demand schools close down so everyone can "home school."

Like watching a cat with a laser pen.

Who demanded schools close so everyone has to homeschool?
I believe schools closed under Trump.

We want the schools open. When it is safe to do so.
You want the schools closed. Permanently.
That's the intent of this thread.

Where did your strawman go to school?
Who?
Reagan? Limbaugh?

Who has demanded that schools close permanently? That was your claim.
I'm sorry. Interaction requires a minimum knowledge of the topic.
Is this your pattern? One pointless, idiotic post then you run away for a week?
As noted, you are simply too ignorant of the topic to be involved in the conversation. .....

As retorted, I actually know much, much, much more about the topic than you do. Go ahead and say the word "ignorant" a few more times, you buffoon.
OK. But only because [sic] not bright enough to ask for something better.
ignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorant

And just for your [sic]..ignoramus.

"just for your"? Learn some English, idiot.
Oh lookie? It's the moron branch of the IGP!

Don't you have some underwear to sniff?

You're failing pretty badly at this whole troll thing, kid. Try something else.
I'd laugh but it's not funny to make fun of the handicapped. No matter how fun you are to watch.
Do you know anything at all about the topic?

I’d rather have a kid who graduates College at 21-22 and has acclimated with his peers and had a good time.

I'll bet you would, but instead you got a loser who hates you.

The kid who you Home Schooled, was not allowed to go to school with his friends in the neighborhood, never had a real life

Will hate you
Again, how many home schooling families do you interact with who have told you this? You do know, don't you, that home schooled kids have activities with other home schooled kids and can participate in their local government school activities as well, don't you? Thus, your complaint increasingly rings hollow.

I’d rather have a kid who graduates College at 21-22 and has acclimated with his peers and had a good time.

The kid who you Home Schooled, was not allowed to go to school with his friends in the neighborhood, never had a real life

Will hate you
Again, how many home schooling families do you interact with who have told you this? You do know, don't you, that home schooled kids have activities with other home schooled kids and can participate in their local government school activities as well, don't you? Thus, your complaint increasingly rings hollow.
Thats the point
Mommy carefully monitors who their kids can interact with and what experiences they can have.
Little Susie dating a Black Kid is not one of those experiences

Homeschool your kids and raise a wierdo.
Let’s not say weird

Maybe socially awkward
Myth.
I met a 15 year old in Alaska at my Judo club who had been homeschooled and had finished high school at 13. He was taking college courses, and one of the other adults at the club was in some of his classes.
He was an impressive young man, he had his shit together.
whoop de fucking do

Did he go to the prom?
Did he meet people of other social classes, races, religions?
What kind of social life does a 14 year old in college have?
Creepy
Depending on the co-op his family was in, absolutely he went to the prom.
Depending on the demographic makeup of his area, absolutely he met "people of other social classes, races, religions".
When college costs over a hundred grand, there'd better be a heck of lot more than a social life those kids should be focused on.

This kid will likely finish college a year or two before his peers and be established in a career while they're still trying to figure out where they left their pants, who is this in bed beside me, and crap, we didn't use a rubber.

So if you finish college at 18-19 and enter the workforce, what do you get?
Did you win?

Okay, that's who you want, go ahead and hire that person, there are plenty of them around.

I want people that are capable, driven, and productive, so I'd probably hire the kid, (although this was about 20 years ago, so he's mid 30s by now.)

Will hate you

Both my homeschooled daughters got into great universities (one with a full academic scholarship), and they're doing just fine. Your kid hates you for putting them in a room with a pervert for 12 years.

Will hate you
Thats the point
Mommy carefully monitors who their kids can interact with and what experiences they can have.
In your mind. I notice that you have carefully avoided telling us how you know this to be true. I've asked repeatedly how many home schooling families you interact with, and obviously the answer is none. That means you're making it up out of your bias.

Will hate you

Both my homeschooled daughters got into great universities (one with a full academic scholarship), and they're doing just fine. Your kid hates you for putting them in a room with a pervert for 12 years.
Anti-home schoolers typically operate from emotion, not facts and logic. The inconvenient truth is that home schooled kids usually do quite well, and they can't dispute that so they go for things they imagine about home schooling, and the funny thing is, they don't deviate from it at all.

Let’s not say weird

Maybe socially awkward
Myth.
I met a 15 year old in Alaska at my Judo club who had been homeschooled and had finished high school at 13. He was taking college courses, and one of the other adults at the club was in some of his classes.
whoop de fucking do

Did he go to the prom?
Creepy
Depending on the demographic makeup of his area, absolutely he met "people of other social classes, races, religions".
When college costs over a hundred grand, there'd better be a heck of lot more than a social life those kids should be focused on.

This kid will likely finish college a year or two before his peers and be established in a career while they're still trying to figure out where they left their pants, who is this in bed beside me, and crap, we didn't use a rubber.

Did you win?

Okay, that's who you want, go ahead and hire that person, there are plenty of them around.

I want people that are capable, driven, and productive, so I'd probably hire the kid, (although this was about 20 years ago, so he's mid 30s by now.)

I was a supervisor for 20 years

I would rather hire a mature 22 year old with a BS Degree than a 19 year old wiz kid

Let’s not say weird

Maybe socially awkward
Myth.
whoop de fucking do

Did he go to the prom?
Creepy

Did you win?

I would rather hire a mature 22 year old with a BS Degree than a 19 year old wiz kid
It's a free country, no one is trying to tell you that you can't hire whoever you want.

But you sure are trying to convince everyone else to do what you want, ain't you?

And that's why you're the problem.

"I think the future for homeschooling is really bright," he said. "All the grownups have learned during the pandemic that work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go." And that has led many of them to rethink traditional schooling models as well.

Parents in the U.S. are continuing to show elevated interest in homeschooling, signaling a potential surge as the future of institutional in-person schooling throughout the country remains unclear in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beginning just over a year ago, schools throughout the country began to close down for fears that schoolchildren might contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Most school districts switched to "virtual" learning models in which students studied lessons via Zoom-based instruction, with many of them required to sit in front of computer screens for long hours every day.

Interest in homeschooling shot up late last year, particularly as teachers nationwide were refusing to return to classrooms and in-person education in the winter and spring of 2021 appeared less likely.

Some schools across the country have since opened up for in-person instruction, yet homeschooling leaders across the country are reporting still-elevated homeschool activity from parents who in normal years would likely not have considered it.

Johannes Ziegler, the founder and CEO of the home instruction company Miacademy, said he "absolutely" expects interest in homeschooling to remain elevated above its earlier levels.

Home schooling has gone up because people are worried about sending kids in the petri dish that schools are now so that you can get your morning order of 6 mcmuffins, 4 hash browns, 8 cinnamon rolls. and. of course, a diet coke.
???????
Faux Butt-hurt Trumpinistas are looking for another faux issue to show their faux rage.

On the one hand they demand schools reopen and on the other they demand schools close down so everyone can "home school."

Who?
Reagan? Limbaugh?

I'm sorry. Interaction requires a minimum knowledge of the topic. You are excused.
Then you're in luck, because I have much, much more knowledge of the topic than you. Unlike you, I'm not afraid of simple questions, so if you want to learn something just ask.
Yeah, a person too ignorant to know 40 years of Republican policy is waaaaaaaay to ignorant to teach a rock to be still.
You ready to answer the question now? Or are you too "ignorant"?
Read on my tiny minded ignoramus.
This 'persona' you are trying so hard (too hard) to act out is really not working for you. You do not present yourself as intelligent or well-informed, despite what you seem to be hoping for. How about you just stop being a douche bag?
Please little dick licker.
A pair of frog legs in sauce shows more intellect than you're capable of understanding.
ME? Like an ant trying to comprehend VR tech.

As I told you earlier, you're just not smart enough to participate.
Like to say I'm sorry for humiliating you but, sorry, no.

You realize you're making a fool of yourself, right?
No but I do realize I'm making a fool of you. Well, actually, you're doing most of the work. I'm just sitting here slapping you on.
Do you have anything whatsoever to say about the topic?
I've said far more than you, troll.
I mean, seriously, for a tiny troll you have no talent, and no humor. You really are a loser at this.

Let’s not say weird

Maybe socially awkward
Myth.
whoop de fucking do

Did he go to the prom?
Creepy

Did you win?

Even though the whiz kid has the same degree that he earned in less time and is more mature than the 22 year old party animal?

???????

Who?
Reagan? Limbaugh?

I'm sorry. Interaction requires a minimum knowledge of the topic.
Is this your pattern? One pointless, idiotic post then you run away for a week?
As noted, you are simply too ignorant of the topic to be involved in the conversation. .....

As retorted, I actually know much, much, much more about the topic than you do. Go ahead and say the word "ignorant" a few more times, you buffoon.
OK. But only because [sic] not bright enough to ask for something better.
ignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorant

And just for your [sic]..ignoramus.

"just for your"? Learn some English, idiot.
Oh lookie? It's the moron branch of the IGP!

Don't you have some underwear to sniff?

You're failing pretty badly at this whole troll thing, kid. Try something else.
I'd laugh but it's not funny to make fun of the handicapped. No matter how fun you are to watch.
Do you know anything at all about the topic?
I know that you are absolutely ignorant of the topic as you've clearly demonstrated on several occasions.

Will hate you
Thats the point
In your mind. I notice that you have carefully avoided telling us how you know this to be true. I've asked repeatedly how many home schooling families you interact with, and obviously the answer is none. That means you're making it up out of your bias.

OK..you got me

I lived next to an uneducated Bible Thumper who insisted on Home Schooling her kids
She gave them a Bible focused education and kept them away from other influences

Those kids were not only creepy, but dumb as hell.

Will hate you
Thats the point

OK..you got me

I lived next to an uneducated Bible Thumper who insisted on home Schooling her kids
She gave them a Bible focused education and kept them away from other influences

So you have one example, which is probably a lie anyway.

Let’s not say weird

Maybe socially awkward
Myth.
whoop de fucking do

Did he go to the prom?
Creepy

Did you win?

Even though the whiz kid has the same degree that he earned in less time and is more mature than the 22 year old party animal?
That 19 year old who is barely shaving has to interact with employees in their 30s and 40s
While he may know the material, he doesn’t have the maturity to work effectively with his peers

Let’s not say weird

Maybe socially awkward
Myth.
whoop de fucking do

Did he go to the prom?
Creepy

Did you win?

That 19 year old who is barely shaving has to interact with employees in their 30s and 40s
While he may know the material, he doesn’t have the maturity to work effectively with his peers

That's a presumption based on bullshit and bias.

The kid I knew was in college classes with adults in their 30s, and was also in the adult Judo class due to his size; he had plenty of experience interacting with adults, in an adult environment.

Your preferred method is a demonstrated failure.

Let’s not say weird

Maybe socially awkward
Myth.
whoop de fucking do

Did he go to the prom?
Creepy

Did you win?

The kid I knew was in college classes with adults in their 30s, and was also in the adult Judo class due to his size; he had plenty of experience interacting with adults, in an adult environment.

Sorry, not impressed with 19 year old wiz kids

There s more to the real world than passing tests
You have to work with others

I have hired 22 year olds right out of college. They have a hard time interacting with 30-40 year olds

Let’s not say weird

Maybe socially awkward
Myth.
whoop de fucking do

Did he go to the prom?
Creepy

Did you win?

Sorry, not impressed with 19 year old wiz kids

There s more to the real world than passing tests
You have to work with others

I have hired 22 year olds right out of college. They have a hard time interacting with 30-40 year olds
Do they really though?

Or is that just more of your bias talking?

Yeah, I don't think you know shit about this and I don't think your opinion is worth shit, either.

???????

Who?
Reagan? Limbaugh?

I'm sorry. Interaction requires a minimum knowledge of the topic. You are excused.
Then you're in luck, because I have much, much more knowledge of the topic than you. Unlike you, I'm not afraid of simple questions, so if you want to learn something just ask.
Yeah, a person too ignorant to know 40 years of Republican policy is waaaaaaaay to ignorant to teach a rock to be still.
You ready to answer the question now? Or are you too "ignorant"?
Read on my tiny minded ignoramus.
This 'persona' you are trying so hard (too hard) to act out is really not working for you. You do not present yourself as intelligent or well-informed, despite what you seem to be hoping for. How about you just stop being a douche bag?
Please little dick licker.
A pair of frog legs in sauce shows more intellect than you're capable of understanding.
ME? Like an ant trying to comprehend VR tech.

As I told you earlier, you're just not smart enough to participate.
Like to say I'm sorry for humiliating you but, sorry, no.

You realize you're making a fool of yourself, right?
No but I do realize I'm making a fool of you. Well, actually, you're doing most of the work. I'm just sitting here slapping you on.
Do you have anything whatsoever to say about the topic?
I've said far more than you......

Where? Quote anything of substance you've posted, kid.

Will hate you
Thats the point

OK..you got me

I lived next to an uneducated Bible Thumper who insisted on Home Schooling her kids

So you base your entire criticism on one family. Do we even have to wonder what you would say about someone who did that for Mexican or black families? "Yeah, I lived next to one of those families, and they are the shiftiest, creepiest little thieves you ever saw. They're all like that". See how it sounds?

Forum List

Back