Homeschooling surges as parents realize how worthless public schools are

Homeschool your kids and raise a wierdo.
Let’s not say weird

Maybe socially awkward
Myth.
Let’s just say Mommy doesn’t let them deal with other children without supervision

And definitely not Negroes, Mexicans, non Christians or poor people
You need to meet some real people, because you have some really weird beliefs about them.

Tell us the REAL Reason you think people Home School
Because they know they can give their children a better education than what they can get in government school.
Because they get a crappy education from a government school and want to give their kids a better one.
Because their kids get bullied in government school.
Because their local government school is a cess pool of gang and drug activity not fit for kids to be in.
Because their local government school is overloaded with too many students and not enough teachers.
Because their kids are being held back by a classroom environment more occupied with handling troublemakers than teaching.
Because their local government school focuses more on getting kids to sit down and shut up than on teaching.
Because the teachers' unions won't let the local government school get rid of bad teachers.
Because their kid has needs that government school is ill-equipped to handle. Case in point, my own son who was not diagnosed as being autistic until adulthood (it was barely on the radar screen when he was a kid). He was unable to handle the local government school environment and they were ready to short bus him when we said we could do better, and we did.
Because....Need I go on?

IOW, there are many reasons why people Home School. Naturally, your antipathy toward the idea of people being free to teach their own children how they want to blinds you to those reasons and you can only see racism and bigotry. At least, that's all you ever acknowledge.
Basically......I don’t want my kids associating with “those” kind of people
Right, you are bigoted against those who don't want the state educating their children. See how that works? Like I've asked before, how many home schooling families do you regularly interact with that you would know this to be a fact? You must have an awful lot of interactions to be so certain about so many people. Or maybe you could just admit you're regurgitating something you heard from a hate merchant.

Let’s not say weird

Maybe socially awkward
Myth.
I met a 15 year old in Alaska at my Judo club who had been homeschooled and had finished high school at 13. He was taking college courses, and one of the other adults at the club was in some of his classes.
He was an impressive young man, he had his shit together.
whoop de fucking do

Did he go to the prom?
Did he meet people of other social classes, races, religions?
What kind of social life does a 14 year old in college have?
Creepy

Let’s not say weird

Maybe socially awkward
Myth.
Let’s just say Mommy doesn’t let them deal with other children without supervision

You need to meet some real people, because you have some really weird beliefs about them.

Because they know they can give their children a better education than what they can get in government school.
Because they get a crappy education from a government school and want to give their kids a better one.
Because their local government school is a cess pool of gang and drug activity not fit for kids to be in.
Because their local government school is overloaded with too many students and not enough teachers.
Because their kids are being held back by a classroom environment more occupied with handling troublemakers than teaching.
Because their local government school focuses more on getting kids to sit down and shut up than on teaching.
Because the teachers' unions won't let the local government school get rid of bad teachers.
Because their kid has needs that government school is ill-equipped to handle. Case in point, my own son who was not diagnosed as being autistic until adulthood (it was barely on the radar screen when he was a kid). He was unable to handle the local government school environment and they were ready to short bus him when we said we could do better, and we did.
Because....Need I go on?

IOW, there are many reasons why people Home School. Naturally, your antipathy toward the idea of people being free to teach their own children how they want to blinds you to those reasons and you can only see racism and bigotry. At least, that's all you ever acknowledge.
Right, you are bigoted against those who don't want the state educating their children. See how that works? Like I've asked before, how many home schooling families do you regularly interact with that you would know this to be a fact? You must have an awful lot of interactions to be so certain about so many people. Or maybe you could just admit you're regurgitating something you heard from a hate merchant.
Not bigoted, feel sorry for the little misfits

Let’s not say weird

Maybe socially awkward
Myth.

Because....Need I go on?

If "government schools" are like that then it is your local elected officials who are to blame.
It occurs to me that we could solve a lot of problems if we occasionally dragged a local government official out of their office and hung them in public.
Probably would only need to do it 3 or 4 times.

Let’s not say weird

Maybe socially awkward
Myth.
I met a 15 year old in Alaska at my Judo club who had been homeschooled and had finished high school at 13. He was taking college courses, and one of the other adults at the club was in some of his classes.
whoop de fucking do

Did he go to the prom?
Creepy
You think the Judo club was whites only, or something?

You don't even realize how ignorant and biased you are showing yourself to be, do you?

You have nothing to say, you're just shitting out your piehole, and the rest of us don't want to smell it.
Fuck off, simpleton.

The "socialization" canard is just that, a canard.

1. Do I want my children to learn how to behave in adult society from other children or from adults?
2. For the entirety of human history, children have learned how to behave in society from their parents, siblings, extended families and clan. It has only been since the early 20th century in the Western World that it became expected for children to learn how to behave in adult society from their childhood peers, away from their parents' oversight and overseen by a government approved official. Yet somehow THAT is now viewed as right and proper, while the model that has served humanity for thousands of years is viewed as abnormal and suspicious, to the point that those who want to utilize it have to fight an uphill battle to do so.

That ain't right, and can only be explained by too many people believing they have the right to dictate how OTHER parents' children should be raised.

Let’s not say weird

Maybe socially awkward
Myth.
I lot of them do.

Let’s not say weird

Maybe socially awkward
Myth.

Because....Need I go on?

Not bigoted, feel sorry for the little misfits
Except that they are doing very well for themselves. Again, how many do you know personally?

Let’s not say weird

Maybe socially awkward
Myth.
whoop de fucking do

Did he go to the prom?
Creepy
Depending on the co-op his family was in, absolutely he went to the prom.
Depending on the demographic makeup of his area, absolutely he met "people of other social classes, races, religions".
When college costs over a hundred grand, there'd better be a heck of lot more than a social life those kids should be focused on.

This kid will likely finish college a year or two before his peers and be established in a career while they're still trying to figure out where they left their pants, who is this in bed beside me, and crap, we didn't use a rubber.

Let’s not say weird

Maybe socially awkward
Myth.
whoop de fucking do

Did he go to the prom?
Creepy

The prom? LOL

Let’s not say weird

Maybe socially awkward
Myth.
whoop de fucking do

Did he go to the prom?
Creepy
Depending on the demographic makeup of his area, absolutely he met "people of other social classes, races, religions".
When college costs over a hundred grand, there'd better be a heck of lot more than a social life those kids should be focused on.

This kid will likely finish college a year or two before his peers and be established in a career while they're still trying to figure out where they left their pants, who is this in bed beside me, and crap, we didn't use a rubber.

So if you finish college at 18-19 and enter the workforce, what do you get?
Did you win?

I’d rather have a kid who graduates College at 21-22 and has acclimated with his peers and had a good time.

Nothing many of us didn't already know.

"I think the future for homeschooling is really bright," he said. "All the grownups have learned during the pandemic that work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go." And that has led many of them to rethink traditional schooling models as well.

Parents in the U.S. are continuing to show elevated interest in homeschooling, signaling a potential surge as the future of institutional in-person schooling throughout the country remains unclear in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beginning just over a year ago, schools throughout the country began to close down for fears that schoolchildren might contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Most school districts switched to "virtual" learning models in which students studied lessons via Zoom-based instruction, with many of them required to sit in front of computer screens for long hours every day.

Interest in homeschooling shot up late last year, particularly as teachers nationwide were refusing to return to classrooms and in-person education in the winter and spring of 2021 appeared less likely.

Some schools across the country have since opened up for in-person instruction, yet homeschooling leaders across the country are reporting still-elevated homeschool activity from parents who in normal years would likely not have considered it.

Johannes Ziegler, the founder and CEO of the home instruction company Miacademy, said he "absolutely" expects interest in homeschooling to remain elevated above its earlier levels.
And another butt hurt from the "conservatives"

Home schooling has gone up because people are worried about sending kids in the petri dish that schools are now so that you can get your morning order of 6 mcmuffins, 4 hash browns, 8 cinnamon rolls. and. of course, a diet coke.
???????
Faux Butt-hurt Trumpinistas are looking for another faux issue to show their faux rage.

On the one hand they demand schools reopen and on the other they demand schools close down so everyone can "home school."

Like watching a cat with a laser pen.

Who demanded schools close so everyone has to homeschool?
I believe schools closed under Trump.

We want the schools open. When it is safe to do so.
You want the schools closed. Permanently.
That's the intent of this thread.

Where did your strawman go to school?
Who?
Reagan? Limbaugh?

Who has demanded that schools close permanently? That was your claim.
I'm sorry. Interaction requires a minimum knowledge of the topic. You are excused.
Then you're in luck, because I have much, much more knowledge of the topic than you. Unlike you, I'm not afraid of simple questions, so if you want to learn something just ask.
Yeah, a person too ignorant to know 40 years of Republican policy is waaaaaaaay to ignorant to teach a rock to be still.
You ready to answer the question now? Or are you too "ignorant"?
Read on my tiny minded ignoramus.
This 'persona' you are trying so hard (too hard) to act out is really not working for you. You do not present yourself as intelligent or well-informed, despite what you seem to be hoping for. How about you just stop being a douche bag?
Please little dick licker.
A pair of frog legs in sauce shows more intellect than you're capable of understanding.
ME? Like an ant trying to comprehend VR tech.

As I told you earlier, you're just not smart enough to participate.
Like to say I'm sorry for humiliating you but, sorry, no.

You realize you're making a fool of yourself, right?
No but I do realize I'm making a fool of you. Well, actually, you're doing most of the work. I'm just sitting here slapping you on.

"I think the future for homeschooling is really bright," he said. "All the grownups have learned during the pandemic that work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go." And that has led many of them to rethink traditional schooling models as well.

Parents in the U.S. are continuing to show elevated interest in homeschooling, signaling a potential surge as the future of institutional in-person schooling throughout the country remains unclear in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beginning just over a year ago, schools throughout the country began to close down for fears that schoolchildren might contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Most school districts switched to "virtual" learning models in which students studied lessons via Zoom-based instruction, with many of them required to sit in front of computer screens for long hours every day.

Interest in homeschooling shot up late last year, particularly as teachers nationwide were refusing to return to classrooms and in-person education in the winter and spring of 2021 appeared less likely.

Some schools across the country have since opened up for in-person instruction, yet homeschooling leaders across the country are reporting still-elevated homeschool activity from parents who in normal years would likely not have considered it.

Johannes Ziegler, the founder and CEO of the home instruction company Miacademy, said he "absolutely" expects interest in homeschooling to remain elevated above its earlier levels.

Home schooling has gone up because people are worried about sending kids in the petri dish that schools are now so that you can get your morning order of 6 mcmuffins, 4 hash browns, 8 cinnamon rolls. and. of course, a diet coke.
???????
Faux Butt-hurt Trumpinistas are looking for another faux issue to show their faux rage.

On the one hand they demand schools reopen and on the other they demand schools close down so everyone can "home school."

Who?
Reagan? Limbaugh?

I'm sorry. Interaction requires a minimum knowledge of the topic.
Is this your pattern? One pointless, idiotic post then you run away for a week?
As noted, you are simply too ignorant of the topic to be involved in the conversation. .....

As retorted, I actually know much, much, much more about the topic than you do. Go ahead and say the word "ignorant" a few more times, you buffoon.
OK. But only because [sic] not bright enough to ask for something better.
ignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorantignorant

And just for your [sic]..ignoramus.

"just for your"? Learn some English, idiot.
Oh lookie? It's the moron branch of the IGP!

Don't you have some underwear to sniff?

You're failing pretty badly at this whole troll thing, kid. Try something else.
I'd laugh but it's not funny to make fun of the handicapped. No matter how fun you are to watch.

I’d rather have a kid who graduates College at 21-22 and has acclimated with his peers and had a good time.

I'll bet you would, but instead you got a loser who hates you.

The kid who you Home Schooled, was not allowed to go to school with his friends in the neighborhood, never had a real life

Will hate you

Let’s not say weird

Maybe socially awkward
Myth.
whoop de fucking do

Did he go to the prom?
Creepy

So if you finish college at 18-19 and enter the workforce, what do you get?
Did you win?

Yeah, you win. The kid doesn't owe as much in student loans for one thing, because he finished early and got scholarships. He also receives star treatment from employers for demonstrating the necessary hustle and grit to finish school early for another. You also get an adult who has learned how to act in adult society from adults, not from other kids. "Having a good time" is nice until you realize the price tag that comes with it. Sure it's nice to take 4 years off from reality to party but most people can't afford to pay over 100 grand to give their kids "a good time". For that kind of money, there'd better be more good grades than "good times".

Last edited:

???????

Who?
Reagan? Limbaugh?

I'm sorry. Interaction requires a minimum knowledge of the topic. You are excused.
Then you're in luck, because I have much, much more knowledge of the topic than you. Unlike you, I'm not afraid of simple questions, so if you want to learn something just ask.
Yeah, a person too ignorant to know 40 years of Republican policy is waaaaaaaay to ignorant to teach a rock to be still.
You ready to answer the question now? Or are you too "ignorant"?
Read on my tiny minded ignoramus.
This 'persona' you are trying so hard (too hard) to act out is really not working for you. You do not present yourself as intelligent or well-informed, despite what you seem to be hoping for. How about you just stop being a douche bag?
Please little dick licker.
A pair of frog legs in sauce shows more intellect than you're capable of understanding.
ME? Like an ant trying to comprehend VR tech.

As I told you earlier, you're just not smart enough to participate.
Like to say I'm sorry for humiliating you but, sorry, no.

You realize you're making a fool of yourself, right?
No but I do realize I'm making a fool of you. Well, actually, you're doing most of the work. I'm just sitting here slapping you on.
Do you have anything whatsoever to say about the topic?

Forum List

Back