CDZ Homelessness in the United States

When it happened to me and MrGracie 4 years ago, we lived in my van. He had a truck with a camper shell on it and thats where we kept our stuff. Our bed was in the van. No back seats. Just a small bed. He slept in the passenger seat, reclined. Illegal to sleep in your car (another stupid law that fucks homeless people), nor can you park on the street in an RV, so....we parked in our neighbors empty lot a few nights a week, and our veterinarian let us park at his animal hospital a coupel of time a week. Then we were offered the RV parked in the lot of our neighbors and we stayed there 4 months until we moved to Paradise to a real room in a real house. And we all know what happened to that, now dont we? Sigh.
How did you become homeless in the first place? Not trying to pry and if you don't want to answer I understand.

When it happened to me and MrGracie 4 years ago, we lived in my van. He had a truck with a camper shell on it and thats where we kept our stuff. Our bed was in the van. No back seats. Just a small bed. He slept in the passenger seat, reclined. Illegal to sleep in your car (another stupid law that fucks homeless people), nor can you park on the street in an RV, so....we parked in our neighbors empty lot a few nights a week, and our veterinarian let us park at his animal hospital a coupel of time a week. Then we were offered the RV parked in the lot of our neighbors and we stayed there 4 months until we moved to Paradise to a real room in a real house. And we all know what happened to that, now dont we? Sigh.
How did you become homeless in the first place? Not trying to pry and if you don't want to answer I understand.
House we were told was ours as a life estate, turned out NOT to be after we invested our money into it. He wanted his house back after 12 years. I offered more rent. He refused and said no...he wanted it back for himself.

House we were told was ours as a life estate, turned out NOT to be after we invested our money into it. He wanted his house back after 12 years. I offered more rent. He refused and said no...he wanted it back for himself.
What did the DEED say? A Life Estate is a deeded interest duly recorded.

No contract. His word and a handshake. Yes. I know. We were stupid.

No contract. His word and a handshake. Yes. I know. We were stupid.
Oh dear. My dear. A life estate is not a contract. It is a deeded interest. It is recorded like any other deed. I am so sorry this happened to you. A life estate cannot be given by handshake. Not even if both sides want it.

Forum List

Back