Homeless in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well having a place to live would go a hell of a long way in helping you find employment.

Having a place to live with no electricity, water, gas, trash pickup, groceries, furniture etc etc will not suffice. They will need more. Which, I am sure, you would be happy to take from those who earned it and give to them.

The majority of the homeless have addiction issues and mental problems. Giving them a house does not change that at all.

My idea has always beens forced Tent cities in the CA desert. Round them up, give 90 days to learn to clean up and live. Not easy to fix the health and dental problems on 100,000 rounded up? If you Screw up, 5 years in Folsom prison.

After 90 days maybe some of the cleaner stock can be moved to studio housing near a job. Given a job and begin to contribute to costs? Or back to tent city?

Here's an interesting fact. In the U.S., there are around 582,000 homeless people in the U.S. But there are more than 25 vacant homes in the U.S. for every homeless person here.
So what is your point? You want people to just give their homes away?

The wealthy can find a way around any tax. After all, they are the ones who write the tax laws. Not only that, there used to be a time that if you owned a house on which certain crops could be grown, the government would pay you for not growing those crops. Even if you had no intention to in the first place.

The wealthy can find a way around any tax.

No rental income, nothing to write off expenses against.

You want a house check medical from GOVT? We already have that. Sect 8 + Welfare etc. allows millions to lay home and breed 10 kids from 7 fathers with a check per kid. Rinse & repeat. Millions of 30 yr. Old grandmas floating about too.

My idea has always beens forced Tent cities in the CA desert. Round them up, give 90 days to learn to clean up and live. Not easy to fix the health and dental problems on 100,000 rounded up? If you Screw up, 5 years in Folsom prison.

After 90 days maybe some of the cleaner stock can be moved to studio housing near a job. Given a job and begin to contribute to costs? Or back to tent city?

Or use a closed military based instead of tents. Better infrastructure and lower cost. And the people put there can be paid to do the maintenance work.

Elections suck all the way around. People's votes are bought by those who can afford to spend the most on advertising.

And a better election is one where it's harder to buy votes.

Germany spends less for its federal elections than one Senate race in the US.

Why? Because with PR all you need to do is spread your message. In the US you're restricted to two viable political parties.
In Germany the AfD was founded in 2013, by 2017 they got 12.6% of the vote and 90 seats.
In the UK, with FPTP, UKIP was found in the early 1990s, by 2015 they got 12.6% of the vote and 1 seat.

Do you see the difference?
UKIP got 3.8 million votes and less seats than a political party which got 100,000 votes. Democracy that isn't.
It also meant that in Germany the CDU/CSU were in turmoil and in the UK the Conservatives were sitting pretty, all because of the system that benefits the largest two parties.

If owning something means anything to you, and it usually does, then you have "skin in the game."
I have given things to people, I find it depends on whether a person really appreciates the gesture or not. What happens if it is not appreciated? Then what?

Homeless people aren't known for their ability to travel to warmer places. Also, very few of the homeless are beyond help. And even if they are, they should still be helped.
They are losers who cant be helped and are only dragging everyone else down with them

See San Francisco or Portland business districts

Having a place to live with no electricity, water, gas, trash pickup, groceries, furniture etc etc will not suffice. They will need more. Which, I am sure, you would be happy to take from those who earned it and give to them.

The majority of the homeless have addiction issues and mental problems. Giving them a house does not change that at all.

We house and feed criminals of the worst sort.. But not homeless people. That is pretty fucked if you ask me.

My ideas are better.

My ideas are better.

I'm not sure I've heard you present any ideas. I've only heard you complain about what others aren't doing.

How many homeless are you willing to take into your house? I'll bet the garage can hold at least a dozen.

Maybe more, if you throw away the old playboy and Xmas decorations.

So what is your point? You want people to just give their homes away?

If they're empty, any part of the country could declare eminent domain on the property and take it. And pay the owner the fair market value for it. Then put a homeless person in it. Along with paying their utilities until they get back on their feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back