Homeless in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of those houses don't meet current codes, preventing owners from being allowed to rent new occupants.

Why would whoever came up with that statistic have included homes that are unlivable.

That there are that many vacant homes in the U.S. I wonder if the owners can just write them off on their taxes because they are unoccupied. Basically making them like a house bank.

Why would whoever came up with that statistic have included homes that are unlivable.
You are clueless.

Owners must keep up homes outward appearances to prevent cities from condemning, taking & demolishing them. Occupancy inspection is an entirely different animal.

I have 2 vacant now for this very reason.

That's because they never did anything that works. I gave a couple examples of something that works. The problem is that business runs this country. They decide who gets put into office. To them, drugs aren't a problem. How many Americans die isn't a problem. Having cheap foreign labor either in this country or some other country is FAR more important to them. In fact, I wouldn't doubt it if in some way politicians themselves make money off drugs.

Also, take a look at mexico. I hear that 6000 trucks a day come up from mexico carrying goods made in mexico. And no doubt, a hell of a lot of drugs. You think the government gives a shit? Those products made cheaply means FAR more to them.

And what happens when they move into these houses? Do their addictions stop? Do they have money for all their expenses?

And when their addiction craving start to rule their lives again, will they strip the copper and other metals out of the walls to feed their addiction?

Do you think the Egyptians were taxed to build the pyramids? Or the Chinese were taxed to build the great wall? Etc. etc. etc. The U.S. is plentiful in natural resources. We also have around 330 million people. We could build as much of anything as we want. But there is a problem with making live more livable for Americans. All the third world lowlifes coming up from south of the border who would want a share of what you have. That's why I say completely close the southern border. Put in land mines. And deport the illegals that are already here. President Eisenhower did something like that once. In the mid 50's he had around 1.5 million illegals deported in what they called "Operation Wetback."

The Egyptians and Chinese used slave labor. And that slave labor often died during the work. Is that your plan?

Oh, and yes, the Egyptians and the Chinese taxed their people and used that money to build.

That there are that many vacant homes in the U.S. I wonder if the owners can just write them off on their taxes because they are unoccupied. Basically making them like a house bank.

The houses are worth money. Writing them off on their taxes still produces a net loss of tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of dollars.

I see nothing wrong with doing things by state. In whatever state you vote in, your vote counts. Or at least it should if somehow it doesn't. What I don't like is gerrymandering. Where they divide up certain areas so certain candidates are more likely to win.

You don't see anything wrong?
Take a look at the money being spent by state on presidential elections.

"12 states have received 96% of the 2020 general-election campaign events (204 of 212) by the major-party presidential and vice-presidential candidates (August 28 to November 3, 2020). "
So, is it an election for the whole country? Or is it presidential candidates targeting certain key states and ignoring everyone else?
In Germany and other PR countries, they have an election for ALL THE PEOPLE. Each party targets people with a message of how to do things best.

In the US it's mostly attacking them with advertising. Manipulating them.

The US system is falling apart because it's not fit for the modern world.

You don't like gerrymandering. Know how much gerrymandering goes on in PR? Zero, because it's impossible.

FPTP leads to cheating, simple as.

There are abandoned shacks in derelict cities like Detroit

But the homeless choose to live on the street in warmer places like california

Most of them are drug addicts and beyond help

Did you ever meet a previous poster on here named DanielPalos? He had similar ideas to yours.

But he also thought anyone who was not working, for ANY reason, should get a check from the Unemployment Office for the equivalent of $15 an hour for a 40 hour week.

You are clueless.

Owners must keep up homes outward appearances to prevent cities from condemning, taking & demolishing them. Occupancy inspection is an entirely different animal.

I have 2 vacant now for this very reason.

Your reply has nothing to do with what you quoted me as saying on your post.

Oops.

So we have an extra $87 billion laying around?

87 billion is chump change. In the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan we spent over 4 trillion dollars. Also, back when you national debt was 19 trillion, every year we HAD to pat 420 billion just on the interest of that debt. And our yearly trade imbalance with China alone cost us anywhere from 300 billion to over 700 billion.

And what happens when they move into these houses? Do their addictions stop? Do they have money for all their expenses?

And when their addiction craving start to rule their lives again, will they strip the copper and other metals out of the walls to feed their addiction?

I have heard of housing complexes that are actually meant for alcoholics. On top of that, they supply them with booze to drink. I guess that makes things safer for them and society in general. You know, being addicted to something doesn't necessarily make you a bad person. It just means you have a problem. Maybe what this country needs to do is what they do in Portugal. Just make all drugs legal. If I remember right, their doing so actually caused drug use to drop. So yes. Not only move them into houses, but supply them with whatever drugs they're addicted to. And if they would like to quit, give them help doing so. So don't worry about the copper.

The Egyptians and Chinese used slave labor. And that slave labor often died during the work. Is that your plan?

Oh, and yes, the Egyptians and the Chinese taxed their people and used that money to build.

You call it slave labor. I call it employment. As for those who died during construction, what's next. You going to tell me the holocaust happened? Next, so the Egyptians and Chinese taxed their people. So what. You know what they say. Two things that are unavoidable in life are death and taxes. In order to tax people, they first have to have something to tax. Those who built the pyramids and the great wall were probably taxed too. Because no doubt they earned some sort of wage too.

The houses are worth money. Writing them off on their taxes still produces a net loss of tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of dollars.

That's what they would be writing off. Those loses. If they own a house that they can't rent or sell for the price they want, it seems to me that it would be a business loss.

You don't see anything wrong?
Take a look at the money being spent by state on presidential elections.

"12 states have received 96% of the 2020 general-election campaign events (204 of 212) by the major-party presidential and vice-presidential candidates (August 28 to November 3, 2020). "
So, is it an election for the whole country? Or is it presidential candidates targeting certain key states and ignoring everyone else?
In Germany and other PR countries, they have an election for ALL THE PEOPLE. Each party targets people with a message of how to do things best.

In the US it's mostly attacking them with advertising. Manipulating them.

The US system is falling apart because it's not fit for the modern world.

You don't like gerrymandering. Know how much gerrymandering goes on in PR? Zero, because it's impossible.

FPTP leads to cheating, simple as.

Elections suck all the way around. People's votes are bought by those who can afford to spend the most on advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back