Homeless in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are abandoned shacks in derelict cities like Detroit

But the homeless choose to live on the street in warmer places like california

Most of them are drug addicts and beyond help

Homeless people aren't known for their ability to travel to warmer places. Also, very few of the homeless are beyond help. And even if they are, they should still be helped.

87 billion is chump change. In the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan we spent over 4 trillion dollars. Also, back when you national debt was 19 trillion, every year we HAD to pat 420 billion just on the interest of that debt. And our yearly trade imbalance with China alone cost us anywhere from 300 billion to over 700 billion.

And you think adding to all that is a good thing?

Who pays the property tax? I also find if you give someone they tend not to care because they have no skin in the game.

If owning something means anything to you, and it usually does, then you have "skin in the game."

You call it slave labor. I call it employment. As for those who died during construction, what's next. You going to tell me the holocaust happened? Next, so the Egyptians and Chinese taxed their people. So what. You know what they say. Two things that are unavoidable in life are death and taxes. In order to tax people, they first have to have something to tax. Those who built the pyramids and the great wall were probably taxed too. Because no doubt they earned some sort of wage too.

I call it slave labor because that is what it was. Slavery and employment are not the same thing. And no, they did not earn a wage. They were worked to death and often put in extremely dangerous situations, because why not? They were slaves.

Most vacant homes are in war zone ghettos like DET or STL and valued below $10K. You still need water, garbage, sewer, electricity etc. You need to get to a job to pay for that. And a way to remain alive and your home safe when you go out. Almost impossible. But eh? I tried.

If the government gave people houses, they wouldn't need to move in with me. As for your link, look it up yourself.

The GOVT tried once to give out FEMA trailers. They still needed power water sewer garbage and Police for certain. At least a wall of porta potties emptied often.

That wasnt good enough for DEM. It was racist to give Blacks a trailer. The said the trailers smelled like Fomadahyde and shut that down. Then sent the people to Houston.

Last edited:
Did you ever meet a previous poster on here named DanielPalos? He had similar ideas to yours.

But he also thought anyone who was not working, for ANY reason, should get a check from the Unemployment Office for the equivalent of $15 an hour for a 40 hour week.

The only reason a person shouldn't work is because they are unable to. Either physically unable to or unable to find a decent job with a livable wage. On this topic, I am an expert. Because I used to be on welfare. Until they ended it and threw me and over 80,000 other people in my state out on the street. The problem with a decent job is that employers love slaves. And the government loves employers loving slaves. They used to make some people on welfare fill out a certain number of resumes each week. But if the jobs aren't there, they aren't there. Though an employer could agree to employ you at a slave wage. And as far as the state was concerned, you had to take it. Fuck them all.

Biden just opened the door to 6 million more .

What in the hell are you talking about. Biden is all about open borders. And the republicans are no better. W. Bush once said that we should be thanking illegals for coming here.

How bad would it have to get to make some get off their asses and get a job? Poverty should hurt until it motivates. How bad will the pain have to get depends on the person. But they should not be accommodated. No food. No shelter. Nothing. Not a roll of toilet paper.

I hated being poor. I went to college, then law school. But I never took a penny of hand outs from anyone.

We have the fattest most indolent poor in the world. Starve them.
Look at prison inmates. They become body builder champions to be released to do more damage.

You have to eat good to put on 75lbs of muscle. That aint bread and water.

Adding chump change? Why not.

Because more is worse, regardless of whether it is a lot or a little. $87 billion could do a lot of things, especially in the hands of the people who actually earned it.

But the $87 billion would not be all your plan would cost. Electric bills, gas bills, property taxes, maintenance costs, furniture, transportation etc etc. Those will all cost. And the people who get the houses have no income.

IIRC, if you have no income from the property, you can't write anything off.

The wealthy can find a way around any tax. After all, they are the ones who write the tax laws. Not only that, there used to be a time that if you owned a house on which certain crops could be grown, the government would pay you for not growing those crops. Even if you had no intention to in the first place.

Because more is worse, regardless of whether it is a lot or a little. $87 billion could do a lot of things, especially in the hands of the people who actually earned it.

But the $87 billion would not be all your plan would cost. Electric bills, gas bills, property taxes, maintenance costs, furniture, transportation etc etc. Those will all cost. And the people who get the houses have no income.

Well having a place to live would go a hell of a long way in helping you find employment.

Oh, so you want OTHER people to give away properties, but not you?

Make me king of the U.S. I would own everything. Because I am the KING! Then yes, I personally would use my own property to see to it that there are no homeless Americans. As for illegals, the U.S.-mexico border would be lined with their impaled bodies. Then you wouldn't even need border walls. That is a line no illegal would dare cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back