Homegrown Fascists, Fearful Of Faith

Their warcry: no expression of faith will be allowed. That's Democrats,Liberals, Progressives.

1. No matter the indoctrination, we must never forget who we, Americans, are:
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

2. "Meet the Coach Who’s Fighting for Freedom to Pray
BREMERTON, Washington—It’s the final play of coach Joe Kennedy’s seven-year legal battle.

The Supreme Court will hear oral arguments Monday in Kennedy’s case, and ultimately decide whether a public school employee is allowed to participate in silent prayer in view of students while on the clock.

...lost his job as an assistant football coach at a high school in Washington state after taking a knee in silent prayer on the 50-yard line after games. From the time he began coaching in 2008 at Bremerton High School, about 30 miles west of Seattle, Kennedy made it his practice to thank God after every game.

....players became curious about what Kennedy was doing at the end of every game, and some asked whether they could join him.

“This is a free country, it’s America, you can do whatever you want to do,” Kennedy remembers telling his players."

3. “The power to assert that the Constitution prohibits any policy choice of which they disapprove has enabled the justices to make themselves the final lawmakers on any public policy issue that they choose to remove from the ordinary political process and to assign for decision to themselves.

the Court now performs in the American system of government a role similar to that performed by the Grand Council of Ayatollahs in the Iranian system: voting takes place and representatives of the people are elected as lawmakers, but the decisions they reach on basic issues of social policy are permitted to prevail only so long as they are not disallowed by the system’s highest authority. The major difference is that the ayatollahs act as a conservative force, while the effect of the Supreme Court’s interventions is almost always—as on every one of the issues just mentioned—to challenge, reverse, and overthrow traditional American practices and values.”
Professor Lino Graglia
https://www.hoover.org/sites/default/files/uploads/documents/0817946020_1.pdf
Well, once in a while, you post something worth talking about. You won't like the response, but bravo! :)
You've hit upon one of the big reasons that the ideology and belief system that most Republicans have adopted...that being conservatism..is an abject failure.
Because it is first and foremost rooted in the belief in God. Belief in an all powerful, overseeing deity that guides a belief system. And their opinions, decisions,
and ideology all stem and flow from that just and righteous belief. It rears its ugly head in everything from economic policy (trickle down economics) to selecting
judges that will rule in favor of religious beliefs..even if it means taking away precedent and individual liberties. It's funny to watch conservatives bray about
restricting personal freedoms.....when their belief system is shoved down all people's throats at the point of judicial rulings and legislation...because that's what God
would want.. :) It is EXACTLY what the founding fathers were afraid of happening.

As far as the Supreme Court goes, now that conservatives have stacked it with enough God fearing, like minded lifers, they can finally enforce God's will (or what they see it as).
Damn the majority. The SC has always been primarily a tool of the conservative minority to enforce rulings that conform to said religious beliefs. You rail against the SC but
welcome it when it rules in your favor. Said every plaintiff...like ever. :)

Finally, you alt-righters seem to think that this is the first time the subject of prayer in public schools has come up. And that what went on in Virginia were just and righteous
parents rising up to take back their schools from heathen liberals. It isn't. I saw this happen in my town in the mid to late 90's. A group of holy rollers got control of the
school board and were going to introduce God and Country back into our filthy public schools. The problem with that was, there are specific laws dividing church and state.
It is after all, a PUBLIC school. In the end, the holy rollers were shown the door..why? Because religious beliefs are different among people and after a while, people just get
sick of crazy!

Get lost, liar.

Would you hold the same view if after every game he sacrificed a chicken to honor his god? After all, how one honors god is a matter of personal choice. And if you advocate for allowing public display by employees.

R.1a06218091f5fa5fc8c990f993551e79

I'm an American and adhere to the US Constitution.

You might understand the issue if you were American.

9. Who are the simpletons how are copacetic with turning over their ability to judge right and wrong, one's values and morality, to government......and expecially to unelected judges????
The very same simpletons....or Nazis.....who fear someone bending down and praying......essentially equivalent to tying one's shoe.

Not I.

The elites, the judges, claim to know better as to what our values, attitudes, and institutions should be. Why????

“Today, however, for a variety of reasons, they—particularly academics—often see it as part of their function to maintain an adversary relationship with their society, to challenge its values and assumptions, and to lead it to the acceptance of newer and presumably better values.”
David Brooks, “Bobos in Paradise: The New Upper Class and How They Got There.”

The tendency of elite domination, moreover, is to press America ever more steadily towards the cultural left.

The complaint here is not that old virtues are eroding and new values rising. Morality inevitably evolves….What is objectionable is that, in too many instances, a natural evolution of the moral balance is blocked and a minority morality forced upon us by judicial decrees.”

Robert Bork, “A Country I Do Not Recognize: The Legal Assault on American Values,” xi

I didn’t vote for them……and I am more than capable of determining my own values and attitudes.

How about you?

"We Americans are heading into a 'crisis of foundations' of our own right now. Our judicial elites, with politicians and pundits close behind, are already at work deconstructing our most fundamental institutions — marriage, the family, religion, equality under the law."
Column on the human sciences

7. "The Supreme Court is “deciding a very narrow question, which is whether or not [a football coach] can be fired from their job if [he] engages in a private prayer on one knee at the 50-yard line,” Jeremy Dys, an attorney for First Liberty, told The Daily Signal.
That is precisely what the lawyers seeking a reversal are attempting to argue, "a private prayer". But that is not what was happening,

Kennedy stopped his locker room prayers completely, and for a least one game left the home field, returning later when the crowds had gone, to pray by himself on the 50-yard line.

But the Marine veteran didn't like doing it that way.

The article continues,

"I fought and defended the Constitution, and the thought of leaving the field of battle where the guys just played and having to go and hide my faith because it was uncomfortable to somebody — that's just not America," he said in an interview with NPR.

“When you pray, don’t be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I tell you the truth, that is all the reward they will ever get. Matthew 6:5

This dude is a character, that much is for sure. Christian, uh, not so much. American, yes, one of those Americans with a warped sense of entitlement. But let's read on,

So Kennedy returned to his praying practice right after the game, mainly at away games, and with little fanfare. By the time of the big homecoming game, Kennedy had retained lawyers from the First Liberty Institute. In a letter to school officials, they said that the coach had a constitutional right to pray on the 50-yard line at the end of the game, and that students should be free to voluntarily join in.

In the lead up to the game, Kennedy embraced his newfound celebrity, making repeated media appearances. In a subsequent deposition, he described this media activity as "spreading the word about what was going on in Bremerton."

With "little fanfare" at away games. I mean this guy was not even the head coach, just a coach. But "making repeated media appearances", yes, like the hypocrites Jesus spoke of, braying loudly so that everyone can hear. And this is what happened,

But as events unfolded, "it was a zoo," said John Polm, Bremerton High's principal, describing the homecoming game during his deposition. Attendance doubled, five TV stations showed up, and a group of Satanists unsuccessfully attempted to take the field to perform their own competing ritual.

Nathan Gillam, who served as head coach, broke down in his deposition when describing the harassment he experienced before and at the game and the chaos that ensued after. "I was done coaching at that point because I feared for my life," he said. Despite his 11 years building the program, he decided "this is not worth it; I have two children."

After the final whistle blew, a largely pro-prayer crowd mobbed the field, overcoming the extra security presence and knocking over some band members and cheerleaders. Surrounded by TV cameras and some players, Kennedy knelt to pray on the field while a state representative placed his hand on Kennedy's shoulder in support.

Private prayer you say? Do tell. Five TV stations. The school lost their head coach of 11 years. Knocking over band members and cheerleaders. Private prayer my ass. But the best part, the last part.

Surrounded by TV cameras and some players, Kennedy knelt to pray on the field while a state representative placed his hand on Kennedy's shoulder in support---that is all the reward they will ever get.

He got his reward.

10. "On its website, Americans United for Separation of Church and State says that Kennedy “violated the religious freedom of his players by pressuring them to join his public prayers at the 50-yard line at their football games.”

On Oct. 28, 2015, while Kennedy was on administrative leave but still an employee of the Bremerton School District, the district issued a “Q&A Regarding Assistant Football Coach Joe Kennedy.”

The second question in the document reads: “Why can’t Kennedy lead students in voluntary prayer? Nobody is forced to participate, are they?”

The school district answered by writing: “There is indeed no evidence students have been directly coerced to pray with Kennedy.”

Voluntary" is the operative term here....and in every dispute with Liberals/Nazis/Democrats

The clear difference between Liberals and Americans was on display much earlier....as in the Democrat 'feminists.'

Here we find the very same attitute toward liberty and freedom as we do in the hatred of voluntary prayer:

Simone de Beauvoir: “No woman should be authorized to stay at home and raise her children. Women should not have that choice, precisely because if there is such a choice, too many women will make that one.”

Betty Friedan: “[Housewives] are mindless and thing-hungry…not people. [Housework] is peculiarly suited to the capacities of feeble-minded girls. [It] arrests their development at an infantile level, short of personal identity with an inevitably weak core of self…. [Housewives] are in as much danger as the millions who walked to their own death in the concentration camps. [The] conditions which destroyed the human identity of so many prisoners were not the torture and brutality, but conditions similar to those which destroy the identity of the American housewife.”

Steinem has never been a fan of women who didn’t think like her or buy in to her radical feminist political agenda. “Having someone who looks like us but thinks like them (meaning men) is worse than having no one at all.”

So much for tolerance—and the belief that women are individuals who should be free to think and make choices for themselves.

This is what the Democrats have become: the party of Obey!!!

10. "On its website, Americans United for Separation of Church and State says that Kennedy “violated the religious freedom of his players by pressuring them to join his public prayers at the 50-yard line at their football games.”

On Oct. 28, 2015, while Kennedy was on administrative leave but still an employee of the Bremerton School District, the district issued a “Q&A Regarding Assistant Football Coach Joe Kennedy.”

The second question in the document reads: “Why can’t Kennedy lead students in voluntary prayer? Nobody is forced to participate, are they?”

The school district answered by writing: “There is indeed no evidence students have been directly coerced to pray with Kennedy.”

Voluntary" is the operative term here....and in every dispute with Liberals/Nazis/Democrats

The clear difference between Liberals and Americans was on display much earlier....as in the Democrat 'feminists.'

Here we find the very same attitute toward liberty and freedom as we do in the hatred of voluntary prayer:

Simone de Beauvoir: “No woman should be authorized to stay at home and raise her children. Women should not have that choice, precisely because if there is such a choice, too many women will make that one.”

Betty Friedan: “[Housewives] are mindless and thing-hungry…not people. [Housework] is peculiarly suited to the capacities of feeble-minded girls. [It] arrests their development at an infantile level, short of personal identity with an inevitably weak core of self…. [Housewives] are in as much danger as the millions who walked to their own death in the concentration camps. [The] conditions which destroyed the human identity of so many prisoners were not the torture and brutality, but conditions similar to those which destroy the identity of the American housewife.”

Steinem has never been a fan of women who didn’t think like her or buy in to her radical feminist political agenda. “Having someone who looks like us but thinks like them (meaning men) is worse than having no one at all.”

So much for tolerance—and the belief that women are individuals who should be free to think and make choices for themselves.

This is what the Democrats have become: the party of Obey!!!
I see you certainly didn't read the Amicus Brief. I doubt you are listening to oral arguments at this very moment, as I am. No direct coercion, but indirect for damn sure. I mean the head coach quit over this fiasco, imagine the pressure those kids were under, as young as 14.

They are dealing with this very issue at this very moment.

He's sued the Bremerton School District alleging they violated his First Amendment rights by telling him he couldn't pray at midfield, The Times reported.

The AP reported that lawyers for the school district argued there was no issue if Kennedy prayed alone and separately from students or if he came back after students left to pray on the field, but that praying immediately following the game could appear to be a government endorsement of religion.

No, it can't. It really can't. Not to any rational person.

But then, the people butthurt about this aren't rational.

It's funny to watch conservatives bray about
restricting personal freedoms.....when their belief system is shoved down all people's throats at the point of judicial rulings and legislation...because that's what God
would want.. :) It is EXACTLY what the founding fathers were afraid of happening.
Nobody's being forced to join the coach in prayer.

That is precisely what the lawyers seeking a reversal are attempting to argue, "a private prayer". But that is not what was happening,

Kennedy stopped his locker room prayers completely, and for a least one game left the home field, returning later when the crowds had gone, to pray by himself on the 50-yard line.

But the Marine veteran didn't like doing it that way.

The article continues,

"I fought and defended the Constitution, and the thought of leaving the field of battle where the guys just played and having to go and hide my faith because it was uncomfortable to somebody — that's just not America," he said in an interview with NPR.

“When you pray, don’t be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I tell you the truth, that is all the reward they will ever get. Matthew 6:5

This dude is a character, that much is for sure. Christian, uh, not so much. American, yes, one of those Americans with a warped sense of entitlement. But let's read on,

So Kennedy returned to his praying practice right after the game, mainly at away games, and with little fanfare. By the time of the big homecoming game, Kennedy had retained lawyers from the First Liberty Institute. In a letter to school officials, they said that the coach had a constitutional right to pray on the 50-yard line at the end of the game, and that students should be free to voluntarily join in.

In the lead up to the game, Kennedy embraced his newfound celebrity, making repeated media appearances. In a subsequent deposition, he described this media activity as "spreading the word about what was going on in Bremerton."

With "little fanfare" at away games. I mean this guy was not even the head coach, just a coach. But "making repeated media appearances", yes, like the hypocrites Jesus spoke of, braying loudly so that everyone can hear. And this is what happened,

But as events unfolded, "it was a zoo," said John Polm, Bremerton High's principal, describing the homecoming game during his deposition. Attendance doubled, five TV stations showed up, and a group of Satanists unsuccessfully attempted to take the field to perform their own competing ritual.

Nathan Gillam, who served as head coach, broke down in his deposition when describing the harassment he experienced before and at the game and the chaos that ensued after. "I was done coaching at that point because I feared for my life," he said. Despite his 11 years building the program, he decided "this is not worth it; I have two children."

After the final whistle blew, a largely pro-prayer crowd mobbed the field, overcoming the extra security presence and knocking over some band members and cheerleaders. Surrounded by TV cameras and some players, Kennedy knelt to pray on the field while a state representative placed his hand on Kennedy's shoulder in support.

Private prayer you say? Do tell. Five TV stations. The school lost their head coach of 11 years. Knocking over band members and cheerleaders. Private prayer my ass. But the best part, the last part.

Surrounded by TV cameras and some players, Kennedy knelt to pray on the field while a state representative placed his hand on Kennedy's shoulder in support---that is all the reward they will ever get.

He got his reward.
not a christian cherry picked examples.jpg

No, it can't. It really can't. Not to any rational person.

But then, the people butthurt about this aren't rational.

Than at least five members of the SC should rule in his favor, correct?

Their warcry: no expression of faith will be allowed. That's Democrats,Liberals, Progressives.

1. No matter the indoctrination, we must never forget who we, Americans, are:
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

2. "Meet the Coach Who’s Fighting for Freedom to Pray
BREMERTON, Washington—It’s the final play of coach Joe Kennedy’s seven-year legal battle.

The Supreme Court will hear oral arguments Monday in Kennedy’s case, and ultimately decide whether a public school employee is allowed to participate in silent prayer in view of students while on the clock.

...lost his job as an assistant football coach at a high school in Washington state after taking a knee in silent prayer on the 50-yard line after games. From the time he began coaching in 2008 at Bremerton High School, about 30 miles west of Seattle, Kennedy made it his practice to thank God after every game.

....players became curious about what Kennedy was doing at the end of every game, and some asked whether they could join him.

“This is a free country, it’s America, you can do whatever you want to do,” Kennedy remembers telling his players."

3. “The power to assert that the Constitution prohibits any policy choice of which they disapprove has enabled the justices to make themselves the final lawmakers on any public policy issue that they choose to remove from the ordinary political process and to assign for decision to themselves.

the Court now performs in the American system of government a role similar to that performed by the Grand Council of Ayatollahs in the Iranian system: voting takes place and representatives of the people are elected as lawmakers, but the decisions they reach on basic issues of social policy are permitted to prevail only so long as they are not disallowed by the system’s highest authority. The major difference is that the ayatollahs act as a conservative force, while the effect of the Supreme Court’s interventions is almost always—as on every one of the issues just mentioned—to challenge, reverse, and overthrow traditional American practices and values.”
Professor Lino Graglia
https://www.hoover.org/sites/default/files/uploads/documents/0817946020_1.pdf

The real question is whether Christians will receive another privilege. There is nothing that says he has to do it on the 50 yard line. He can find a private place after the game and pray. The Supreme Court seems to have more in common with the mullahs in Iran.

4. This may be too nuanced for Democrats reading along, but there is a lower-case 'god' that they worship.....

There are two religions in conflict.

That of the Founders, the Judeo-Christian faith.
The Bible is its foundation.

And that of Democrats, Liberals, Communists, Nazis, Fascists.....Militant Secularism. Lacking self-awareness, the Democrats, Liberals, Progressives ridicule religion as superstition......but kneel to their false religion, Militant Secularism.

While the religion of the Founders forbids no religous worship.....fear of faith dooms the former when Democrats/Progressives/Liberals have control.

Who is being hurt when Coach Kennedy silently kneels and prays?

What says he has to do it on the 50 yard line? This clearly is about gaining special privileges for Christians. I am a practicing Christian but he does not have to do it on the 50 yard line.

5. This is what the Militant Secularists are running on:
The Democrat Party is now running on full-blown anti-white racism,

socialism,

infanticide,

opposition to free speech,

standing with criminals and felons rather than law-abiding citizens

substituting illegal alien voters for the American citizenry,

support for rioters, arsonists, murderers, and anarchists,

accepting payment from Communist China for future considerations,

and anti-Semitism… the knuckle-dragging, atavistic pagan party.

Democrats share much with their predecessors:
"Christianity had declined severely in Germany at the time the Nazis came to power, which is why the Nazis were able to come to power. In his book, The Dictators, Richard Overy states that in the decades preceding the First World War Germany was becoming increasingly secular, and that after that war, from 1918 to 1931, 2.4 million Evangelical Christians formally renounced their faith as well as almost half a million Catholics. In Prussia, only 21% of the population took communion and in Hamburg only five percent of the population took communion. Before Hitler, German religious leaders were publicly condemning the rise of moral relativism and decline of traditional religious values.

Weimar Germany largely had abandoned Christianity and increasingly was embracing hedonism, Marxism and paganism."
Bruce Walker is the author of the book Sinisterism: Secular Religion of the Lie.
Read more: The Nazis and Christianity

All of that is so much bullshit. You are fascists who are attacking voting rights, free speech rights and numerous other rights. The reason that the country is becoming more secular is because of the far right politics practiced by religious zealots.

Forum List

Back