Holy hell what the F***??.... Simple IRA performance 2022 is -15.4%

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Well thank God this is not my primary retirement account... but nevertheless what the holy hell??
It's not like I didn't know it would be a loss year. Duh. But 15%??????
The account lost $4187. (I have only had this account for 7 years)
The lifetime performance prior to 2022 is 7.24%. Pretty solid for an IRA.
But thanks to 2022 that lifetime is now only 2.23%. Another few months of this and i would literally be better off putting the money in jars in the backyard!!

Well thank God this is not my primary retirement account... but nevertheless what the holy hell??
The lifetime performance prior to 2020 is 7.24%. Pretty solid for an IRA.
But thanks to 2020 that lifetime is now only 2.23%. Another few months of this and i would literally be better off putting the money in jars in the backyard!!
The COVID pandemic caused lots of businesses to close down and the stock market suffered.

The COVID pandemic caused lots of businesses to close down and the stock market suffered.
Yeah that was not 2022.
I said 2022.
I knew it would be a loss, the Nasdaq has been a virtual abyss in 2022. Down 32% in one year - oh but Biden said it was a record year... didn't know he meant record bad year.
The Dow fell 8%.
I wonder where the record was?

But thanks to 2022 that lifetime is now only 2.23%. Another few months of this and i would literally be better off putting the money in jars in the backyard!!
The stock market is down this year. It happens. The bond market had a horrible year.

Stay invested. Diversify.

The stock market is down this year. It happens. The bond market had a horrible year.

Stay invested. Diversify.
And here I thought I heard our President say it was a record good year.
(Not what I intended this thread to be about... but FFS... he actually said that last month)

Use the old blue Ball jars with the zinc lids....Makes them easier for relic hunters to find them. ;)

Another few months of this and i would literally be better off putting the money in jars in the backyard!!
You should do that NOW. (Put money in Jars)
Cash out, pay the taxes, and put that 78% (depending on your tax bracket) that is LEFT into jars.

Good Luck.

Remember, you can ONLY lose the money if you cash out at the Lows.
Stick with it, the market will bounce back.
Today is a good start.

You should do that NOW. (Put money in Jars)
Cash out, pay the taxes, and put that 78% (depending on your tax bracket) that is LEFT into jars.

Good Luck.

Remember, you can ONLY lose the money if you cash out at the Lows.
Stick with it, the market will bounce back.
Today is a good start.
Well it is an IRA, so I can't "cash out". And I don't retire till 7 years. By then... maybe... the damage from this administration and the years of outsourcing vital components - maybe - could be fixed.
And then, yes, the money comes back.

We just banked about $47k—an unexpected windfall—and the wife doesn't want to touch it because it's earning 3.1% annually. I mean I wanted to buy some thermal goggles and shit but I digress . . .

Forum List

Back