Holy crap, is the LEFT now beginning to wake up?

In general I agree that the fringe of the Dem party has had too much influence in crafting policy positions recently. But in doing so it should be acknowledged it was an over reaction to the Right's homophobia, bigotry, and xenophobia that was the Orange Menace's calling card.
I think that's a reasonable take. Overcompensating is a Great American pastime, and what I see is two ends of an issue going out of their way to feed into the worst impulses of the other. Both ends give the other end every fucking opportunity to say SEE? THEY DID IT AGAIN. WHAT DID WE TELL YOU?

That's what happens as our tribalism continues to get worse.

Well that reeked of desperation.

If a miracle happened and the dems held-on by one seat in each house of congress they would yell "mandate" and continue right on with their insidious and anti-American ways.....The same way Tater was supposed to be a unifying POTUS.

No, the dems need to be eradicated root and stem.....Do you let weeds grow in your garden? It's the same thing, lower yields and then the weeds just take over.
You are correct about the dems but then again you are wrong about the garden. I let clover stay behind. It fixes nitrogen ;)

Anyway, James Carville pretty much warned the dems about this last election and they ignored him because they won. I think he warned them again after bellweather state elections trended against them.

In general I agree that the fringe of the Dem party has had too much influence in crafting policy positions recently. But in doing so it should be acknowledged it was an over reaction to the Right's homophobia, bigotry, and xenophobia that was the Orange Menace's calling card.
That's really some old tired weak shit. Working people don't give a flip about political correctness. They have bills to pay and mouths to feed. I could not care less if some sexually confused freaks get their feelings hurt.

You are correct about the dems but then again you are wrong about the garden. I let clover stay behind. It fixes nitrogen ;)

Anyway, James Carville pretty much warned the dems about this last election and they ignored him because they won. I think he warned them again after bellweather state elections trended against them.
I never saw clover as a "weed" either.....I like it.

I think that's a reasonable take. Overcompensating is a Great American pastime, and what I see is two ends of an issue going out of their way to feed into the worst impulses of the other. Both ends give the other end every fucking opportunity to say SEE? THEY DID IT AGAIN. WHAT DID WE TELL YOU?

That's what happens as our tribalism continues to get worse.
Is it splitting hairs to point out the impulse, though admittedly sometimes misguided, on the Left is to reject prejudices, while the impulse on the Right is to foment them?

But is it splitting hairs to point out the impulse, though admittedly sometimes misguided, on the Left is to reject prejudices, while the impulse on the Right is to foment them?
Everyone has prejudices. The problem is some people just scream louder when their toes get stepped on without a legitimate reason to be offended.

First, I'm not getting my hopes up, even though I've been screaming about the Left's cynical weaponization of PC and Identity Politics since I've been on this board (and long before). However:

Interestingly, both the CNN and MSNBC morning shows spent time on how or if the American Left has gone too far with its cultural issues. This, after James Carville, Bill Maher, and even recently Hillary Clinton and Van Jones have been beating the drum on this. Even Al freakin' Sharpton said the Dems are moving from "progressive" to "regressive" (a word I've used about a thousand times here).

We're seeing Hispanics give up and move towards the GOP now. November looks like an ass kicking. Are the Democrats beginning to figure it out, are they starting to realize that they've been concentrating on the wrong issues for too long, losing the working class vote over "defund the police", reparations, destroying businesses that don't want to bake a cake, and trans parades in grade schools?

Are they waking up? AND, is it too late, are they too dependent on it and attached to it to fix this?

I told you the media wasn't liberal. It's certainly not speaking for us. You think it's liberal because it's not always speaking for you?

Most of the time it's not what they are saying but what they aren't saying that makes them NOT liberal anymore. But you'll continue to believe it's only lying to you and always represents us. It's a corporation. Mostly 7 big corporations. They control all the media. And they are helping to pull this country to the right.

Where is the outrage and mobilization of pro choice women? I'm not seeing enough on them. Why isn't the media defending Biden as much as I do?

I told you the media wasn't liberal. It's certainly not speaking for us. You think it's liberal because it's not always speaking for you?

Most of the time it's not what they are saying but what they aren't saying that makes them NOT liberal anymore. But you'll continue to believe it's only lying to you and always represents us. It's a corporation. Mostly 7 big corporations. They control all the media. And they are helping to pull this country to the right.

Where is the outrage and mobilization of pro choice women? I'm not seeing enough on them. Why isn't the media defending Biden as much as I do?
Because your nuts.

Why should anyone care what Hitlery Clinton thinks at this point. If she wasn't such a shitty candidate and general bitch, we wouldn't have had to endure 4 years of Trump.

That's just revisionist bullshit, Joe, and you should know it.

During the 2016 campaign, Obama himself pointed out to Slick Willy "she's better than both of us, and you know it , Bill" at the Democrat Convention.

Unfortunately both sides like to believe everyone is on their side.
In recent years the democrats have moved way to far left with a lot of their policies. This has caused them to lose voters. But if they try to move back now they will lose the voters they have been trying to please with their policies and those voters that left will see them as wishy washy, only worried about changing policies for a short time to recapture votes.
Unfortunately for them they have created a between a rock and a hard place situation.

That's really some old tired weak shit. Working people don't give a flip about political correctness. They have bills to pay and mouths to feed. I could not care less if some sexually confused freaks get their feelings hurt.
PC is an all encompassing term. I can assure you working women give a flip about being treated fairly in the workplace.

The irony is that they want to throw out "Trans" as the sacrificial lamb for their failing support. This is a major red Herring, they just don't want to raise their donors big earner issues that they bank on.

So, these apparent "liberals" (it's a loaded term now IMO) just conveniently avoid the forced lockdowns in their major cities without ANY leeway that destroyed small businesses, the forced vaccine push in schools and in society without regard for ones risk factors, the $4T spending that MSM assured wouldn't generate inflation, your open border that has allowed millions into your nation without even being screened, a desire to control kids over their parents.

Get back to me when you hear Hillary raise the climate change overreach, your open borders, balancing a budget or dealing with unfair trading practices, your acceptance of nations like Canada as "allies" when they abuse domestic civil liberties and hurt Americas reputation in the process.

If there is money to be made, they will go silent on how bad the policy is. If there is no benefit to their donors personally, "hey, THAT must be the problem".

PC is an all encompassing term. I can assure you working women give a flip about being treated fairly in the workplace.
They are treated fairly. Everyone in this country is treated more fairly than anywhere else in the world.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
But is it splitting hairs to point out the impulse, though admittedly sometimes misguided, on the Left is to reject prejudices, while the impulse on the Right is to foment them?
This is something that I've never really understood about politics in general. Unfortunately, that list is pretty long.

My question when it comes to any given political tactic is: What is the actual goal here? Are we trying to change hearts and minds? Are we trying to make things better organically? Or are we just trying to punish, control, browbeat and intimidate? Are we just trying to "beat" the other side? Because it sure as hell doesn't look very constructive.

This wall has been a brick-by-brick process. Little stories, constantly adding up to the pushback we're seeing. Examples: I've been called a RACIST here for saying that I don't like Obamacare; I've been called an ISLAMOPHOBE here for saying the religion needs a Reformation; I've been called a HOMOPHOBE here for saying that movement sometimes goes too far. That shit gets old, and it adds up. AND, IT AVOIDS AN HONEST CONVERSATION OF THE CORE ISSUE.

Hell, I've been watching this develop and warning about a pushback since I've been here. I admit, I fully underestimated the size and intensity of that pushback, but I was right. And what did that pushback bring us? Trump. Trumpism. The pushback on the cultural issues is what animated them more than anything else.

So: What are we actually trying to accomplish with this stuff?

The irony is that they want to throw out "Trans" as the sacrificial lamb for their failing support. This is a major red Herring, they just don't want to raise their donors big earner issues that they bank on.

So, these apparent "liberals" (it's a loaded term now IMO) just conveniently avoid the forced lockdowns in their major cities without ANY leeway that destroyed small businesses, the forced vaccine push in schools and in society without regard for ones risk factors, the $4T spending that MSM assured wouldn't generate inflation, your open border that has allowed millions into your nation without even being screened, a desire to control kids over their parents.

Get back to me when you hear Hillary raise the climate change overreach, your open borders, balancing a budget or dealing with unfair trading practices, your acceptance of nations like Canada as "allies" when they abuse domestic civil liberties and hurt Americas reputation in the process.

If there is money to be made, they will go silent on how bad the policy is. If there is no benefit to their donors personally, "hey, THAT must be the problem".
Trump made a fortune raising money on the rigged election lie. A FORTUNE!

First, I'm not getting my hopes up, even though I've been screaming about the Left's cynical weaponization of PC and Identity Politics since I've been on this board (and long before). However:

Interestingly, both the CNN and MSNBC morning shows spent time on how or if the American Left has gone too far with its cultural issues. This, after James Carville, Bill Maher, and even recently Hillary Clinton and Van Jones have been beating the drum on this. Even Al freakin' Sharpton said the Dems are moving from "progressive" to "regressive" (a word I've used about a thousand times here).

We're seeing Hispanics give up and move towards the GOP now. November looks like an ass kicking. Are the Democrats beginning to figure it out, are they starting to realize that they've been concentrating on the wrong issues for too long, losing the working class vote over "defund the police", reparations, destroying businesses that don't want to bake a cake, and trans parades in grade schools?

Are they waking up? AND, is it too late, are they too dependent on it and attached to it to fix this?

Oh don’t worry, Dems will suddenly become “moderate” just in time for the elections. Then if they win, just go back to being who they really are, hateful authoritarians who want to punish anyone that doesn’t agree with their utter nonsense.

Stop pretending you aren’t on their side. MAGA is all about opposing these crazies that have been destroying our country for decades, and you are anti-MAGA.

That's just revisionist bullshit, Joe, and you should know it.

During the 2016 campaign, Obama himself pointed out to Slick Willy "she's better than both of us, and you know it , Bill" at the Democrat Convention.
It was a self-effacing comment meant as a gracious compliment to Hillary. You have to be an idiot to take it so literally.

Stop pretending you aren’t on their side. MAGA is all about opposing these crazies that have been destroying our country for decades, and you are anti-MAGA.
Yes, I know: MAGA isn't about where we actually stand on the issues, it's about whether we're willing to bend over for the Orange High Hard One™.

Well, that's you, not me.

Forum List

Back