Hmmm...I thought churches didn't have to worry about performing gay marriages...what about this...

And Henry is a example of the extreme species of the far right.

Yup!

Extremely hopeful that, in time, Jake will be allowed to marry his Dr. Dentons!

jake.jpg

Again, you are concentrating on the building, not the people, who are ordained ministers. And yes, their position is submit or be punished.

Do you enjoy being a lying hacky twat?
the are also proprietors of a public business.

And again, where in the constitution does it say you lose your rights if a business is public?
you don't, but the commerce clause and the 14th amendment say that the government can make public accommodation laws.

Public accommodations are things like hotels, and stores you walk into to get the exact same item, a soda, or a piece of lumber. They are not bakers providing a contracted service, or ministers providing a contracted service. and a wedding's location and performer doesn't impact interstate commerce. Finally the 14th amendment does not trump the 1st amendment.

A REAL Christian pastor would say "let he who is without sin, cast the first stone."

A person who wasn't a complete douchebag would just go to a place/celebrant who wanted to do their wedding.

But this day in age having your feewings hurt is a criminal offense if you are a protected class.

no they didnt....This isnt a church.....Deal with it...we have laws for a reason

Again, you are concentrating on the building, not the people, who are ordained ministers. And yes, their position is submit or be punished.

And again, where in the constitution does it say you lose your rights if a business is public?
you don't, but the commerce clause and the 14th amendment say that the government can make public accommodation laws.

Public accommodations are things like hotels, and stores you walk into to get the exact same item, a soda, or a piece of lumber. They are not bakers providing a contracted service, or ministers providing a contracted service. and a wedding's location and performer doesn't impact interstate commerce. Finally the 14th amendment does not trump the 1st amendment.
your opinion. case law and the courts don't support it.

Sounds like another rightwing load of bullshit

Someone let me know what the REAL story is

Too late for denial. Our usual same sex fascists already have responded to a thread on this, and go with the usual "submit or be punished" line of logic.
no they didnt...

Yes, they did

Hmmm...I thought churches didn t have to worry about performing gay marriages...what about this... Page 9 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
no they didnt....This isnt a church.....Deal with it...we have laws for a reason

Nope, we are concentrating on the law, permits, taxes, etc. That puts in the public square.

I is so so sorry massah, them unelected lawyers say sumptin, and we gots to follow it.

So i guess Citizens United is a settled matter, after all the courts said so.

Baaaaa.

Too late for denial. Our usual same sex fascists already have responded to a thread on this, and go with the usual "submit or be punished" line of logic.
no they didnt...

Yes, they did

Hmmm...I thought churches didn t have to worry about performing gay marriages...what about this... Page 9 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Nope, we are concentrating on the law, permits, taxes, etc. That puts in the public square.

You are using end runs around constitutional protections you vile sack of shit, nothing more, nothing less.

FOAD.

I is so so sorry massah, them unelected lawyers say sumptin, and we gots to follow it.

Baaaaa.
until the courts reverse the decision, or until the constitution is amended, yes, it's a settled matter.
i may disagree with it, but that doesn't change reality.

City threatens to arrest ministers who refuse to perform same-sex weddings Fox News

I'm no true believer but this is complete bullshit & goes against our founding principles.
CALLED IT

Makes me wish I was still on Salon so I could call all those liars out that said they wouldn't support doing this

But they will move the goalposts, just like on this site. It never ends.

They want you to follow their morality, and the got the government behind them to make you do it.

Scumbags, all of them.

Baaaaa.
until the courts reverse the decision, or until the constitution is amended, yes, it's a settled matter.

That makes you a quitter.

Baaaaa.

it makes me a resident of reality. try it some time.

Baaaaa.

Fuck off.

I guess having an opinion oppposite what a court says is something "bad" according to you. again. Fuck off.

Marty, as always, on private rights in the public sector, you are wrong if you think you have the right to run a public business for service to the public and can discriminate.

Can't do it.

You might want to to do it.

The law won't let you, and you can't get the votes.

So why all the yelling?

Marty, as always, on private rights in the public sector, you are wrong if you think you have the right to run a public business for service to the public and can discriminate.

Can't do it.

You might want to to do it.

The law won't let you, and you can't get the votes.

So why all the yelling?

Because assholes like you are whats wrong with this country. you make shit up about being able to ruin people due to their beliefs via government action. It doesn't matter the topic, using government like this leads to more and more use of it, and sooner or later will come back and bite you in your big fascist hairy asses.

You are using the power of government to force people to go against their beliefs for a non critical business transaction, one that could easily be obtained somewhere else. You use unfairness to create your view of fairness, and the sad thing is you don't even care as you shit on the constitution you have warped beyond recognition.

Rant much, Marty.

The libertarian dream in your head is a night mare waiting to happen, but good people won't let that happen.

Rant much, Marty.

The libertarian dream in your head is a night mare waiting to happen, but good people won't let that happen.

Its a federalist strict constructionist dream. The nightmare is a government set up the way you want it run, where laws and courts come up with any fickle thing you set your mind to.

You want to either be lorded over by your betters, or for some reason you have the delusion you will BE one of the betters. Its pitiful.

Baaaaa.

Fuck off.

I guess having an opinion oppposite what a court says is something "bad" according to you. again. Fuck off.
didn't say that. pretending that opinion is anything other than an opinion isn't dealing with reality. you may believe that the government can't make public accomodation laws, or that the laws don't apply to these scenarios. the courts disagree. the courts are the arbiters of these decisions, not you or me. that means that our opinions on it and a nickel are worth $0.05.

Baaaaa.

Fuck off.

didn't say that. pretending that opinion is anything other than an opinion isn't dealing with reality. you may believe that the government can't make public accomodation laws, or that the laws don't apply to these scenarios. the courts disagree. the courts are the arbiters of these decisions, not you or me. that means that our opinions on it and a nickel are worth $0.05.

So whats your fucking point? The courts have been overstepping their bounds for decades, and we just let it happen.

Again, a point, have one. All you are doing is arguing semantics and implying just what you say you are not implying.

It has nothing to do with reality, or a lack of reality thereof.

Fuck off.

So whats your fucking point? The courts have been overstepping their bounds for decades, and we just let it happen.

Again, a point, have one. All you are doing is arguing semantics and implying just what you say you are not implying.

It has nothing to do with reality, or a lack of reality thereof.
the point is that while you might disagree with it, the reality is that discrimination like the 'pastors' did is against the law. that law is backed up by case law. you can disagree with that, but that doesn't matter because as far as the law is concerned the matter is settled.

Forum List

Back