History not taught so it's forgotten.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
Spanish born philosopher, George Santayana, said: “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it”. The American Deep State has been in the business of dumbing down the population with liberal arts colleges for decades spreading discord, inflicting misery and dismantling American Exceptionalism.

Today many college-educated citizens can barely read the contents of a restaurant menu. They scream until they drool about the president colluding with Russians. Now Bernie Sanders is wildly popular in the cities, but If people did some research, they would discover that Jane Sanders, Bernie’s wife, once headed Burlington College.

That college had a policy of sending students to Havana to be indoctrinated by the Cuban Government. You can’t make this stuff up. Anyone with functioning frontal lobes knows that Bernie Sanders is a Jewish Fidel Castro with Medicare for All, taxpayer-burdened free college tuition, $15 an hour minimum wage and a completely disarmed public; Havana Jane was living the Bolshevik dream until the banks closed her school.

Bernie Sanders is hiding nothing; he’s trying to claw his way to the Democratic nomination with a hammer in one hand and a sickle in the other. The Deep State prefers a more measured approach to dismantling the American way of life by offshoring industry, taking away company pensions with employee health insurance and forcing everyone into a single payer healthcare system. Congress cobbled an aristocratic escape hatch for itself-they get Cadillac healthcare, we get the junk yard Affordable Care Act-just like Cuba and Venezuela.

Most US citizens have no idea what an economic and ideological traitor Sanders is because the media never report it and US liberal arts colleges resorted to basket-weaving curriculums to get tuition funding. The media know what the Communists have always known, propaganda works. They just flip the script in cahoots with a dirty American Stasi, pushing the absurd narrative that Trump is using Putin to win elections when it’s actually Sanders trying to replace Washington with Moscow.

Democrats have a real problem with Sanders because he leads in the polls and has a loyal following. Bloomberg? Really? That’s not going to fly. Sanders is a bonified Red Scare and democrats know it; they have no choice but to push him aside with super-delegate shenanigans. Expect suicidal chaos reminiscent of the 1968 Democratic Convention. Few remember Hubert Humphrey or Ross Perot.

Identity politics prevails, history loses and Trump wins in 2020.

The real problem is that the hardcore left will vote for anyone that has a D as part of them. It does not matter policy it does not matter if they have the same character flaws that they claim they hate in Trump. As long as the DNC nominates them the hardcore will vote for them. As long it is not Trump with that outrageous R.
The sad part is they are leaving behind the those that care about the way the U.S. is headed. They are leaving behind the critical thinking part of their party. That means those left out have only two choices vote Republican or just not vote.
The same can be said for the independents. They need to feel that the U.S. is headed in the right direction. So given the choice of the current democratic candidates and Trump they will either vote Republican or not vote at all.

I think for most they realize that the democrat party has swung way too far to the left.

The real problem is that the hardcore left will vote for anyone that has a D as part of them. It does not matter policy it does not matter if they have the same character flaws that they claim they hate in Trump. As long as the DNC nominates them the hardcore will vote for them. As long it is not Trump with that outrageous R.
The sad part is they are leaving behind the those that care about the way the U.S. is headed. They are leaving behind the critical thinking part of their party. That means those left out have only two choices vote Republican or just not vote.
The same can be said for the independents. They need to feel that the U.S. is headed in the right direction. So given the choice of the current democratic candidates and Trump they will either vote Republican or not vote at all.

I think for most they realize that the democrat party has swung way too far to the left.
Yes, but as an Independent, I can tell you that the Republican "choice" is no choice at all. If I can't vote for a Democrat this time, I won't vote for either. Sanders is a ridiculous option, but Trump is a proven disaster in every way that counts.

Yes, but as an Independent, I can tell you that the Republican "choice" is no choice at all. If I can't vote for a Democrat this time, I won't vote for either. Sanders is a ridiculous option, but Trump is a proven disaster in every way that counts.

I'm blanking on how Trump has been a "disaster", except for his budget deficit that Nancy ignores?! Please enlighten me.

But we all knew that you only cared about not voting for Trump even before the 2016 election.

I'm blanking on how Trump has been a "disaster", except for his budget deficit that Nancy ignores?! Please enlighten me.

He hasn't been. Its just lib talking points. Disaster, russia, impeach, impeach, blah blah blah. Yet the economy cruises, no new wars, all time lows in unemployment.

But we all knew that you only cared about not voting for Trump even before the 2016 election.
Of course. For good reason.

Healthcare, vastly inflated debt, the continuation of the two wars he promised to pull us out of, the loss of respect for our country by the rest of the world, the nothing burger of the North Korean nuclear talks, which ended up doing nothing but giving Kim Jung Un credibility as a world leader. Pulling out of the Iran deal with nothing to take its place and putting them back on the path of manufacturing nuclear weapons. He has cut social programs, undermined Obamacare (which he can't replace) and is trying in every shifty way he can to stop the performance of abortions which are still legal in this country and supported by well more than half the population. Humiliation on a daily basis by the bullshit that gets tweeted by him every night.
That's for starters. I know that's not your perspective, but it's mine.

They stopped teaching art history at Yale because it was all European white guys.

History is fucking history. If you don’t teach it, you won’t learn from it.

It would be like ignoring YOUR OWN PAST. How fucking stupid would it be to not learn from your own personal past history?

I would be willing to bet that independent is just a label you use. You probably have not voted for a republican except by accident.

Healthcare, vastly inflated debt, the continuation of the two wars he promised to pull us out of, the loss of respect for our country by the rest of the world, the nothing burger of the North Korean nuclear talks, which ended up doing nothing but giving Kim Jung Un credibility as a world leader. Pulling out of the Iran deal with nothing to take its place and putting them back on the path of manufacturing nuclear weapons. He has cut social programs, undermined Obamacare (which he can't replace) and is trying in every shifty way he can to stop the performance of abortions which are still legal in this country and supported by well more than half the population. Humiliation on a daily basis by the bullshit that gets tweeted by him every night.

Trump is shitty president because he doesn't give you free gibs?

That's ridiculous. Are you 5 years old?

They stopped teaching art history at Yale because it was all European white guys.

It would be like ignoring YOUR OWN PAST. How fucking stupid would it be to not learn from your own personal past history?
The core curriculum at the state university I attended required EVERYONE to take two courses from the History Department. Good old memorize the dates and the wars and read Cicero etc. It is not ignored. Maine requires three years of it in order to graduate high school. It is still important everywhere.

Thanks for the post. You are correct, I don't view that list as a true picture of the Trump presidency. Here's another look at your "disasters".
1. Healthcare was better before Obamacare and its new deductibles up to $10,000
2. Trump is getting us out of the "endless wars" and their expense
3. We disagree on "loss of respect"
4. NK talks were always a long shot, but talking is better than shooting
5. The Iran deal was a joke, giving Iran $150b in sanctions relief to fund terrorism was stupid. Trump said Iran will not get nukes on his watch, period
6. Trump has not cut social programs, link please
7. Abortion is always a hot button discussion, agree they are still legal
8. Trump's tweets are always interesting

On the positive side we look at Trump's "promises kept". I won't list them all but this is the link:
Promises Kept | President Donald J. Trump's Accomplishments

The core curriculum at the state university I attended required EVERYONE to take two courses from the History Department. Good old memorize the dates and the wars and read Cicero etc. It is not ignored. Maine requires three years of it in order to graduate high school. It is still important everywhere.

Do you have a video?

Thanks for the post. You are correct, I don't view that list as a true picture of the Trump presidency. Here's another look at your "disasters".
5. The Iran deal was a joke, giving Iran $150b in sanctions relief to fund terrorism was stupid. Trump said Iran will not get nukes on his watch, period

On the positive side we look at Trump's "promises kept". I won't list them all but this is the link:
I've read your side in many posts here. You asked me a question and I answered it. You didn't need to present the Trumpian version. It's taking us way off track here, isn't it?

They stopped teaching literature for the same reason.

They stopped teaching literature for the same reason.

Wow. Unreal.

I've read your side in many posts here. You asked me a question and I answered it. You didn't need to present the Trumpian version. It's taking us way off track here, isn't it?

In a way its the point of the thread. There are facts and alternate facts. We look at things differently. What you call disasters I call accomplishments. It seems that there is no agreement on political actions. Our side is always right and your side is always wrong. I'm not sure how this debate ends up? Maybe we just agree to disagree and I watch FXN and you watch your stations??

I would be willing to bet that independent is just a label you use. You probably have not voted for a republican except by accident.
You're wrong.

Forum List

Back