‘His best friend died': A GOP lawmaker takes on the cartels: Texas Rep Michael McCaul’s family has felt the pain of the drug overdose crisis 1st hand

we need politicians like this with courage to stand their ground and stand up to the China-Mexico-Fentanyl axis of evil! otherwise Americans will continue dying of overdose in large numbers

‘His best friend died':?????​

We have members in the US House with children who have best friends who act and live out their lives like Hunted Biden did before he straightened up?

also: Personal responsibility is lacking here. No one becomes an addict easily. It's a choice to use.

Why are Americans using the drugs that kill them? The warnings are out there. We all know about it.

note :(: (and before some troll attacks me personally -- I'm still dealing with the fallout from the loss of a friend to the scourge of shit. I was a witness to the devolution of a human being I cared for. But I also know what and when and how the choices were made. I saw it up very close.)

Last edited:
No one becomes an addict easily. It's a choice to use.
It certainly is a choice to use but you're not understanding how easily one can become addicted to a pain killer while in pain.

The FDA was quite responsible for oxycodone becoming legal in the first place. They allowed themselves to be pretty easily manipulated and drug companies rewarded those there for letting them through.

Last edited:
It certainly is a choice to use but you're not understanding how easily one can become addicted to a pain killer while in pain.

The FDA was quite responsible for oxycodone becoming legal in the first place. They allowed themselves to be pretty easily manipulated and rewarded those there for letting them through.

Anyone who abuses prescriptions has no excuse. It doesn't sneak up on anyone. Denial is a killer. Taking more than prescribed is a willful act.

And the deaths spiraling out of control is not about the people abusing their prescriptions.

NOTHING wrong with OXYCODONE. The overwhelming majority of people prescribed it do just fine.

Personal responsibility could go a long way in addressing the problem(s) honestly and seriously. We need to hold people accountable. I was an early advocate of Harm Reduction approaches to drug issues. It was in the 1990s. The harm reduction advocates got pushed aside from those responding to rfp's from the government (requests for proposals). It's always about the money, as are the lawsuits against the drug companies and the hate of the FDA.

I do not defend any side in the issue. Lots of blame to go around. But honesty is sorely lacking.

NOTHING wrong with OXYCODONE. The overwhelming majority of people prescribed it do just fine.
There was plenty wrong with the way it was marketed, manufactured in ever increasing amounts per dose and perscribed the same way while claiming that it was NOT addictive all with the FDA's stamp of approval. If you're a patient in a great deal of pain being told that it's not addictive guess what might happen. The FDA played a huge part in oxycodone becoming what it is.

For the most part I agree with a lot of what you said, but I sure don't excuse the FDA, the drug companies or the prescribing docs and place the blame on the users as you seem to be doing.

There was plenty wrong with the way it was marketed, manufactured in ever increasing amounts per dose and perscribed the same way while claiming that it was NOT addictive all with the FDA's stamp of approval. If you're a patient in a great deal of pain being told that it's not addictive guess what might happen. The FDA played a huge part in oxycodone becoming what it is.

For the most part I agree with a lot of what you said, but I sure don't excuse the FDA, the drug companies or the prescribing docs and place the blame on the users as you seem to be doing.

What might happen? Aliens might land soon, but I knida doubt it.

People who misuse prescriptions must accept responsibility, and accountability. That said, read what I wrote, not what your brain heard:

Anyone who abuses prescriptions has no excuse. It doesn't sneak up on anyone. Denial is a killer. Taking more than prescribed is a willful act.

And the deaths spiraling out of control is not about the people abusing their prescriptions.

Personal responsibility could go a long way in addressing the problem(s) honestly and seriously. We need to hold people accountable. I was an early advocate of Harm Reduction approaches to drug issues. It was in the 1990s. The harm reduction advocates got pushed aside from those responding to rfp's from the government (requests for proposals). It's always about the money, as are the lawsuits against the drug companies and the hate of the FDA.

I do not defend any side in the issue. Lots of blame to go around. But honesty is sorely lacking.

IMHO, you are denying the way the FDA green lighted and Perdue pharmaceuticals manufactured and marketed what they knew was addictive being marketed as not addictive and being manufactured and prescribed in greater and greater doses.

Lots of addicted people took it in their prescribed doses that were WAY over the doses being used currently precisely because they caused addiction at that dose. You make some good points but you're way off to one side. This problem, like most, has lots of blame to go around and it ALL doesn't fall on the user as you keep insisting.

I also don't think you understand addiction. Once its got you in its hooks, all the addicted want is more and more and more. The doses being manufactured were insane and a surefire path to addiction for some. Personally, I think Perdue wanted to addict their users so they could sell more.

What might happen? Aliens might land soon, but I knida doubt it.

People who misuse prescriptions must accept responsibility, and accountability. That said, read what I wrote, not what your brain heard:

There are plenty of those addicted to drugs who want help but can't get it. The problem is that insurance companies pay lip service to treat the addicted & there are not enough beds to go around & not enough treatment centers.

No one enjoys being a drug addict. it's a living hell. An existence. Two family members of mine faced the struggle. One is gone & the other is headed there. It's only a matter of time before I get a phone call. I've resigned myself to it.

IMHO, you are denying the way the FDA green lighted and Perdue pharmaceuticals manufactured and marketed what they knew was addictive being marketed as not addictive and being manufactured and prescribed in greater and greater doses.

Lots of addicted people took it in their prescribed doses that were WAY over the doses being used currently precisely because they caused addiction at that dose. You make some good points but you're way off to one side. This problem, like most, has lots of blame to go around and it ALL doesn't fall on the user as you keep insisting.

I also don't think you understand addiction. Once its got you in its hooks, all the addicted want is more and more and more. The doses being manufactured were insane and a surefire path to addiction for some. Personally, I think Perdue wanted to addict their users so they could sell more.

Stop making shit up. Please do not claim Dante said things he did not.

Now, no one is denying anything. It's just that you are very upset because -- you can't handle the truth. You did not address what I wrote.

And, I understand far more than you on addiction. You forget what I wrote about Harm Reduction? Being an early advocate means I was in on the ground floor in the US. How did I get there? Unlike you, I have no agenda on this issue, outside of showing how dishonest most people are when getting involved in talks and debates on it.

I see how you believe a company wanted to addict people. That kind of an outlook is a terrible way to go through life. You sound like an addict with an agenda, more than you sound like what you pose as here.

There are plenty of those addicted to drugs who want help but can't get it.
Separate issue. The friend I mentioned losing? Asking: Did you read what you're responding to?

With my friend, I put my life aside for a day, I took him to a detox that did intake and then told him no beds. He gave up after that last time. But I do not want to make this about anecdotal stories - especially my own.

I was involved in state approved pilot programs for syringe exchange sites. I was knowledgeable and was trained for a few things. I know my stuff.

Your other points?

"The problem is that insurance companies pay lip service to treat the addicted..." Blaming insurance companies for repercussions? Not good.

"No one enjoys being a drug addict. It's a living hell. An existence." -- Many do for a while, some longer than others. When I would offer treatment to clients of a program, I knew many would fail. Two treatment options specifically offered many addicts what they did not want, so I believed failure was inevitable for many.

Most addicts I dealt with who decided to choose the treatment options while exchanging syringes, really wanted to keep using -- they just wanted the shit that comes with it to go away. Some wanted a harm reduction type approach that at the time was not supported by the Medical/Academic/Public Health Industry that deals with addiction. And when the harm reduction approach was acknowledged by the government -- agencies and people that fought it, then jumped in for the funding offered in RFP's. I could go on...

This is painful, I'm sure: "Two family members of mine faced the struggle. One is gone & the other is headed there. It's only a matter of time before I get a phone call. I've resigned myself to it." I was there for my friend who later was found dead between a few buildings, with a syringe nearby. I was one of his emergency options when he needed something. I walked away a few weeks before his end. No anger, no argument. Just gave up on him. Told him so. Sent him a message/text he never got. I know the pain.

Separate issue. The friend I mentioned losing? Asking: Did you read what you're responding to?

With my friend, I put my life aside for a day, I took him to a detox that did intake and then told him no beds. He gave up after that last time. But I do not want to make this about anecdotal stories - especially my own.

I was involved in state approved pilot programs for syringe exchange sites. I was knowledgeable and was trained for a few things. I know my stuff.

Your other points?

"The problem is that insurance companies pay lip service to treat the addicted..." Blaming insurance companies for repercussions? Not good.

"No one enjoys being a drug addict. It's a living hell. An existence." -- Many do for a while, some longer than others. When I would offer treatment to clients of a program, I knew many would fail. Two treatment options specifically offered many addicts what they did not want, so I believed failure was inevitable for many.

Most addicts I dealt with who decided to choose the treatment options while exchanging syringes, really wanted to keep using -- they just wanted the shit that comes with it to go away. Some wanted a harm reduction type approach that at the time was not supported by the Medical/Academic/Public Health Industry that deals with addiction. And when the harm reduction approach was acknowledged by the government -- agencies and people that fought it, then jumped in for the funding offered in RFP's. I could go on...

This is painful, I'm sure: "Two family members of mine faced the struggle. One is gone & the other is headed there. It's only a matter of time before I get a phone call. I've resigned myself to it." I was there for my friend who later was found dead between a few buildings, with a syringe nearby. I was one of his emergency options when he needed something. I walked away a few weeks before his end. No anger, no argument. Just gave up on him. Told him so. Sent him a message/text he never got. I know the pain.
"Blaming insurance companies for repurcussions".....

The family member of mine who passed away from addiction was admiited to a hospital for addiction. She was there for 3 days as her patient advocate begged over & over again to the insurance company to cover in patient treatment at a rehab center for a lousy 28 days. This young woman had a 2 yr old child at the time but the idiots on the phone didn't give a shit. They refused & instead opted for out patient tratment at a local clinic.

She was released after the 3 days & winthin nightfall was using again because the insurance company wanted to save money for in patient treatment which is far more succusfull in treating addiction then out patient clinics which are for the most part nothing but a racket dispensing shit such as methadone as a treatment for heroin addiction.

The addicted need long term treatment & counseling to overcome, not 30 minutes with a "drug counselor" once a week & a PA with a script pad.

we need politicians like this with courage to stand their ground and stand up to the China-Mexico-Fentanyl axis of evil! otherwise Americans will continue dying of overdose in large numbers

It's a simple concept, if you buy anything, except directly from a pharmacist, you're rolling the dice and you may lose your life. With those stakes, anyone who rolls the dice deserves what they get.

Last edited:
Stop making shit up. Please do not claim Dante said things he did not.
Do you think the FDA has any responsibility in the opioid epidemic? Do you think the pharmaceutical companies have any responsibility in the opioid epidemic?

It's just that you are very upset because -- you can't handle the truth.
I'm not upset, but I do know plenty about addiction. I love the truth but what you are speaking is your opinion.

You forget what I wrote about Harm Reduction?
I read a bit on this way of addressing addiction. I'm not sure this is the best way to address addiction but I don't know.

Is it better to allow addicts to face the entire consequences of their behavior so they reach bottom faster? I wonder.

I see how you believe a company wanted to addict people. That kind of an outlook is a terrible way to go through life. You sound like an addict with an agenda, more than you sound like what you pose as here.
Are you aware of Perdue pharmaceuticals and what they did?

"Blaming insurance companies for repurcussions".....

The family member of mine who passed away from addiction was admiited to a hospital for addiction. She was there for 3 days as her patient advocate begged over & over again to the insurance company to cover in patient treatment at a rehab center for a lousy 28 days. This young woman had a 2 yr old child at the time but the idiots on the phone didn't give a shit. They refused & instead opted for out patient tratment at a local clinic.

She was released after the 3 days & winthin nightfall was using again because the insurance company wanted to save money for in patient treatment which is far more succusfull in treating addiction then out patient clinics which are for the most part nothing but a racket dispensing shit such as methadone as a treatment for heroin addiction.

The addicted need long term treatment & counseling to overcome, not 30 minutes with a "drug counselor" once a week & a PA with a script pad.

Is the insurance company obligated to do what you wanted them to do? People admitted to hospitals for addiction do not belong there. Hospitals get overcrowded. There are other places besides the hospital.

Did that woman consider her children during her addiction? I'm sorry, but I've seen and heard too many say they love people, and then shit all over them. We all have faults of character. The woman chose to use. I say that because others in her position chose not to. It's ulgy truth(s).

Methadone treatment when used correctly -- works. Back in the 1970s, We grew up nearby a methadone clinic and halfway house. I worked in the field (hate disclosure here). I understand where you're coming from and have personal losses and pain over this issue -- but I refuse to blame everyone in sight and refuse to make excuses for people I've cared for.

I'm not saying people shouldn't get help. But the addicts don't get to dictate the terms of every deal they get. Few are honest about what is going on. Lots of people live with addiction, and still others walk away from it. Addiction does not sneak up on people. It's a choice, as is going back to using after being clean.

I used to offer addicts the long term treatment or the short term one. I said before, many were set up to fail because they did not really want either. The system needs something in the middle. Harm reduction approaches could have helped more if it wasn't for the 'medical' and other groups stepping in and grabbing all of the money. I said before .. many of the addicts I dealt with didn't really want to sop using. They wanted the shit that came with it to go away. Addicts usually seek help when the shit's hitting the fan.

Do you think the FDA has any responsibility in the opioid epidemic? Do you think the pharmaceutical companies have any responsibility in the opioid epidemic?

I'm not upset, but I do know plenty about addiction. I love the truth but what you are speaking is your opinion.

I read a bit on this way of addressing addiction. I'm not sure this is the best way to address addiction but I don't know.

Is it better to allow addicts to face the entire consequences of their behavior so they reach bottom faster? I wonder.

Are you aware of Perdue pharmaceuticals and what they did?

I separate the parts of the so-called opiod epidemic. Epidemic? Look up the term.

Do the FDA and drug companies get blame for the choices people make? Interesting question.

What about smoking? Fat foods and sugary drinks? Do we blame all the companies?

Do we support arguments for suing gun manufacturers?

I'm gonna leave this thread. Good luck here.

Is the insurance company obligated to do what you wanted them to do? People admitted to hospitals for addiction do not belong there. Hospitals get overcrowded. There are other places besides the hospital.

Did that woman consider her children during her addiction? I'm sorry, but I've seen and heard too many say they love people, and then shit all over them. We all have faults of character. The woman chose to use. I say that because others in her position chose not to. It's ulgy truth(s).

Methadone treatment when used correctly -- works. Back in the 1970s, We grew up nearby a methadone clinic and halfway house. I worked in the field (hate disclosure here). I understand where you're coming from and have personal losses and pain over this issue -- but I refuse to blame everyone in sight and refuse to make excuses for people I've cared for.

I'm not saying people shouldn't get help. But the addicts don't get to dictate the terms of every deal they get. Few are honest about what is going on. Lots of people live with addiction, and still others walk away from it. Addiction does not sneak up on people. It's a choice, as is going back to using after being clean.

I used to offer addicts the long term treatment or the short term one. I said before, many were set up to fail because they did not really want either. The system needs something in the middle. Harm reduction approaches could have helped more if it wasn't for the 'medical' and other groups stepping in and grabbing all of the money. I said before .. many of the addicts I dealt with didn't really want to sop using. They wanted the shit that came with it to go away. Addicts usually seek help when the shit's hitting the fan.
With your attitude towards people suffering from addiction we should all be thankfull that you're no longer in the field, because you don't belong treating anyone for anything related to that persuit.

But you can still continue to blame them for your own failures, one way or the other.

Btw, the hospital believed that she DID belomg there because they admitted her, so there goes THAT rant.

With your attitude towards people suffering from addiction we should all be thankfull that you're no longer in the field, because you don't belong treating anyone for anything related to that persuit.

But you can still continue to blame them for your own failures, one way or the other.

Btw, the hospital believed that she DID belomg there because they admitted her, so there goes THAT rant.
usmb clipper enabler 1.png

Admitting somebody does not mean shit. Once stabilized it's time to go.

Patients in hallways, long waits for beds: Hospital bottlenecks reach crisis levels​

Hospitals, nursing homes, insurers, and policy makers need to find solutions.​

People who cause their own suffering -- it's most all of us, diet, lifestyle habits etc...

But everyone knows what abusing drugs can and does lead to. We step in and pay as a society. Harm reduction -- look it up. I support helping a fucking asshole addict stop hurting society, then maybe their families and in the end if they so wish it -- themselves. Many addicts are assholes. Just ask family friends neighbors -- before they do us all a favor and end it all -- either by harm reduction, abstinence, or death. I loved friends and family who suffered from addictions -- but unlike you I live in the real world with all it's horrors and ugliness. I accept the good, the bad, and the ugly. For denying one keeps things from being real. Acceptance.

But personal responsibility and accountability has to be a part of the solution.

Your avatar fits you well.

Personally, I've helped more people -- strangers no less, than you could ever do in twenty lifetimes. You sound like the enablers who actually give people the tools to kill themselves.

Last edited:
View attachment 840727

Admitting somebody does not mean shit. Once stabilized it's time to go.

Patients in hallways, long waits for beds: Hospital bottlenecks reach crisis levels​

Hospitals, nursing homes, insurers, and policy makers need to find solutions.​

People who cause their own suffering -- it's most all of us, diet, lifestyle habits etc...

But everyone knows what abusing drugs can and does lead to. We step in and pay as a society. Harm reduction -- look it up. I support helping a fucking asshole addict stop hurting society, then maybe their families and in the end if they so wish it -- themselves. Many addicts are assholes. Just ask family friends neighbors -- before they do us all a favor and end it all -- either by harm reduction, abstinence, or death. I loved friends and family who suffered from addictions -- but unlike you I live in the real world with all it's horrors and ugliness. I accept the good, the bad, and the ugly. For denying one keeps things from being real. Acceptance.

But personal responsibility and accountability has to be a part of the solution.

Your avatar fits you well.

Personally, I've helped more people -- strangers no less, than you could ever do in twenty lifetimes. You sound like the enablers who actually give people the tools to kill themselves.
You're not helping anybody. You're a self righteous asshole passing judgement on people who you profess to have helped. Want a medal?

Go find a career as a graveyard shift security rent a cop where you can't subject anyone to your bullshit.

Did my avatar hurt your feewings, snowflake? Poor thing.

Last edited:
You're not helping anybody. You're a self righteous asshole passing judgement on people who you profess to have helped. Want a medal?

Go find a career as a graveyard shift security rent a cop where you can't subject anyone to your bullshit.

Did my avatar hurt your poor feewings, snowflake?
Medal? Unlike you, I needed no medal. I never claimed to be heroic. I did a lot of work -- you could ask colleagues if I allowed it.
It's how the human brain works. But we all don't pass those judgements on strangers like you always do. I treat you like you treat me and others and you go on the attack. Sad. And you try and denigrate people who actually work security jobs? Wow! Maybe they should all become loser addicts like the people you mentioned - giving up good jobs, betraying family and friends, and shitting on society all while claiming victimhood.

You are so like the Trumps. Victimhood suits you.

Forum List

Back