High school half time show that promoted killing police officers.

Onto the specific content here, the information provided does not support the claims of the thread title, and the OP conveniently omitted the fact that the halftime show as based on a movie. It seems like the performance was depicting a hostage situation breaking out in a hospital, not the killing of police.

Another piece of information that does not seem to be available at the moment, is whether this performance was recently implemented, or whether this was the band's ongoing halftime show for the season. School band halftime shows aren't slapped together overnight, and usually involve months of planning and preparation. I would be amazed if a high school marching band had the proficiency to first plan a complete choreography program, learn the choreography, then learn all the music, all in a matter of one week.

There seems to be more to this story that has the potential to impart significant nuance. Was this all part of the plan since the beginning of the season and they only now have completed preparations for this portion of the program? Was this a last minute alteration to the band's existing program? Was this meant to be part of a misguided attempt to reflect the community's recent pain?
I'm a band parent. These routines are complex and elaborately choreographed. It takes the kids hours and hours of practice over several weeks to learn them. This was likely the routine chosen for the entire marching band season. They can't just come up with some spur of the moment routine and expect it to work. It is unfortunate that this routine was chosen. The band director, choreographers, and coaches should have known better.

Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant is condemning a high school band for a football halftime performance that he said was “unacceptable in a civilized society.”

Many are saying the performance Friday night by the band from Forest Hill High School depicted students dressed as doctors and nurses pointing toy guns at SWAT team members prone on the ground, WLBT-TV reported.

Bryant issued his condemnation Saturday in a tweet.

The performance was held at the high school in Brookhaven where two police officers were killed in the line of duty Sept. 29 responding to a call of shots fired, the station reported

Brookhaven’s mayor said the band director was placed on administrative leave, the station reported.

Mississippi governor condemns high school band’s halftime show

So I found this story on Facebook and wasn't too sure of it's authenticity due to the fact I never heard of the site before. So I did a Google search, and while I only went through three pages of articles, only Fox news reported it. No CNN, no MSNBC, no CBS or ABC.

Did they report it and Google shift it to the rear of the line, I don't know. Did they report it at all? I don't know. I didn't have time to go through ever page.

If our media wasn't so biased, so far left, it should have been right under the reporting of Brett Kavanaugh. The MSM stories should have been front and center on page one. So then I just went to Google news. Notta. Not one article on the story.

If we allow left-wing media to bury stories of kids dressed up as doctors and holding police hostage during a football game, what else are they hiding from us that we don't know?

That's why you watch Fox news.
In Cleveland the cops would have Tamir Riced their nigga asses.

Onto the specific content here, the information provided does not support the claims of the thread title, and the OP conveniently omitted the fact that the halftime show as based on a movie. It seems like the performance was depicting a hostage situation breaking out in a hospital, not the killing of police.

Another piece of information that does not seem to be available at the moment, is whether this performance was recently implemented, or whether this was the band's ongoing halftime show for the season. School band halftime shows aren't slapped together overnight, and usually involve months of planning and preparation. I would be amazed if a high school marching band had the proficiency to first plan a complete choreography program, learn the choreography, then learn all the music, all in a matter of one week.

There seems to be more to this story that has the potential to impart significant nuance. Was this all part of the plan since the beginning of the season and they only now have completed preparations for this portion of the program? Was this a last minute alteration to the band's existing program? Was this meant to be part of a misguided attempt to reflect the community's recent pain?
I'm a band parent. These routines are complex and elaborately choreographed. It takes the kids hours and hours of practice over several weeks to learn them. This was likely the routine chosen for the entire marching band season. They can't just come up with some spur of the moment routine and expect it to work. It is unfortunate that this routine was chosen. The band director, choreographers, and coaches should have known better.

The Mayor and Superintendent (who happens to be black) couldn't agree more. I also think this (planned as you pointed out) was an offspring of the kneeling movement. Perhaps they were expecting some shock, some support, some resistance, but overall (because it's a black community) highly acceptable.

It was not, and they made a grave error. It's just a shame it was a fly-by-night story mostly ignored by the MSM.

Last edited:
They don't have to be real threats to life, only real threats of physical harm. That's the law for citizens and that's the law for police.

But not anymore, buddy. That's the point. The days where prosecutors cover for these guys is OVER!!!! They will either defend the community or the community will PUT THEIR ASSES OUT next election. I'm sorry you don't get this.

Brown attacked a police officer once. The evidence was in the police car with his blood in it. Guess what? You'd never find my blood in any police car. He was high, out of control, and after the initial assault on the officer, he turned around and attempted to approach him again.

At the time he was fatally shot, he was 100 feet away from the officer with his hands up. Not a good shoot. That prosecutor got voted out of office for covering it up.

Tamir Rice pulled a realistic gun on a police officer. He had no choice but to defend himself.

The toy wasn't in his hand. It was in his coat. And it was a TOY. That Prosecutor who covered it up was voted OUT!!!!

As for McDonald, the officer was found guilty of second degree murder last week, so I'm sure you're delighted about an officer that protected you and your fellow citizens going to jail.

Funny thing. People in my family know the officer involved personally, and yes, we've had some serious disagreements about this case. But Jesus fucking Christ, you have him shooting this kid 16 times when he was on the ground. Why did it take 4 years to convict this asshole.

Oh, yeah, the politicians tried to cover it up. As a result, the Prosecutor was voted out of office, the Mayor isn't running for a third term and the police superintendent was fired. In short, they all paid a heavy price for what this bully with a gun did.

So in the future, prosecutors aren't going to give these cops a pass anymore. This is a good thing.

Right, and people only started not trusting cops immediately after Ferguson and started trusting them again three years later.

You liberals think that everybody is as stupid as you are. Even authorities in YOUR city stated the Ferguson Effect was a problem, but of course, you don't read any links I post so you wish to remain ignorant and left to your own deluded fantasies.

The only people saying that in this this city are the same ones who insisted that the McDonald Shooting was a good shoot.

The next thing we need to do is get the FOP and other police unions out of the disciplinary process. They have no business being there.

And quit turning everything into race. You need to have that obsession professionally addressed.

Naw, man, I live in a racist country where it's considered acceptable to shoot black folks without due process.

upload_2018-10-13_6-56-38.jpeg

The Mayor and Superintendent (who happens to be black) couldn't agree more. I also think this (planned as you pointed out) was an offspring of the kneeling movement. Perhaps they were expecting some shock, some support, some resistance, but overall (because it's a black community) highly acceptable.

It was not, and they made a grave error. It's just a shame it was a fly-by-night story mostly ignored by the MSM.

Why? What should they make a big deal about next, little Sally's Dance Recital?

But not anymore, buddy. That's the point. The days where prosecutors cover for these guys is OVER!!!! They will either defend the community or the community will PUT THEIR ASSES OUT next election. I'm sorry you don't get this.

I'm sorry you don't get prosecutors follow the law, and the law is what it says. If you want change, you have to change the law first. And when you change the law to a police officer cannot use his or her gun for self-defense unless they are shot first, good luck finding cops to do the job, because I sure as hell wouldn't go near it.

At the time he was fatally shot, he was 100 feet away from the officer with his hands up. Not a good shoot. That prosecutor got voted out of office for covering it up.

The prosecutor presented forensic evidence. I know you think forensic scientists are in this conspiracy of yours, but even eye witnesses (who were black) testified that the big clown was running towards the officer.

His hands being up is nothing but a lie. How do we know, it's simple: take a pen and hold it to somebody in the chest or stomach but don't touch the shirt. Now have them lift their arms up. Notice what happens to the shirt?

If the bullet hole in the shirt is lower than the one in the body, that means his arms were up. If they are in the same location, it means his arms were down because as you will see, your shirt moves up when you raise your hands in the air.

The toy wasn't in his hand. It was in his coat. And it was a TOY. That Prosecutor who covered it up was voted OUT!!!!

How is it a cover up when they had an enhanced video of the entire event? And no, the gun was found on the ground where the kid dropped it. The Grand Jury found that the testimony of the officers was inline with the video and forensic evidence.

Oh, yeah, the politicians tried to cover it up.

Lots of covering up in your world Joe, isn't there. In fact it seems that anybody who disagrees with you is involved in a coverup. But no, you don't have any mental issues.

So in the future, prosecutors aren't going to give these cops a pass anymore. This is a good thing.

Nobody covered up anything. A prosecutor simply presents a case and it's the judge or jury that makes the decision--not the prosecutor.

The only people saying that in this this city are the same ones who insisted that the McDonald Shooting was a good shoot.

The next thing we need to do is get the FOP and other police unions out of the disciplinary process. They have no business being there.

Well when we wake up in your commie world, then they have no business there. But when we wake up in my free America world, everybody has the right to free speech.

I'm sorry you don't get prosecutors follow the law, and the law is what it says. If you want change, you have to change the law first. And when you change the law to a police officer cannot use his or her gun for self-defense unless they are shot first, good luck finding cops to do the job, because I sure as hell wouldn't go near it.

Well, since being a cop involves more skills than "Driving in a straight line", it might be above you anyway.

Here's the thing. I have no problem with a cop shooting someone who pulled a gun on him. The cases I get upset about is when they just shoot someone for being a scary black person.

The prosecutor presented forensic evidence. I know you think forensic scientists are in this conspiracy of yours, but even eye witnesses (who were black) testified that the big clown was running towards the officer.

His hands being up is nothing but a lie. How do we know, it's simple: take a pen and hold it to somebody in the chest or stomach but don't touch the shirt. Now have them lift their arms up. Notice what happens to the shirt?

That kind of proves nothing. If you have your hand straight up, yeah, you'll pull the shirt up. If you have your hands up with your arms paralell to your shoulders and just the forearms up. (the way most people would do it), then not so much. And I'm pretty sure those arms would go down once the first bullet hit you.

Most of the witnesses said that he had his hands up, but those werent' the ones the prosecutor called. He did call a delusional racist woman to the stand, though.

How is it a cover up when they had an enhanced video of the entire event? And no, the gun was found on the ground where the kid dropped it. The Grand Jury found that the testimony of the officers was inline with the video and forensic evidence.

The Grand Jury that was presented a lot of whitewashed evidence and then never took a vote. that grand jury?

Guy, we've been over this a million times. Loehmann shot a kid playing with a toy. Deal with it.

Lots of covering up in your world Joe, isn't there. In fact it seems that anybody who disagrees with you is involved in a coverup. But no, you don't have any mental issues.

Yeah, when you have payoffs and hide tapes and ignore witnesses, and it takes four years to convict a guy who IS CAUGHT ON TAPE DOING EXACTLY WHAT HE IS ACCUSED OF, that's a cover up. But all those folks are out of jobs now, so the next guys aren't going to be too keen to lose their jobs for a thug with a badge.

Nobody covered up anything. A prosecutor simply presents a case and it's the judge or jury that makes the decision--not the prosecutor.

Except that's not what happened. IN Furgeson, the Prosecutor acted like a defense attorney. In Cleveland, the prosecutor called a grand jury AFTER a judge had already ruled that there was enough evidence to take Loehmann directly to trial. In Chicago, the prosecutor sat on the tape for a year, until a judge ordered it released, and they took the case away from her and gave it to a special prosecutor before we voted her ass out.

Well when we wake up in your commie world, then they have no business there. But when we wake up in my free America world, everybody has the right to free speech.

Um, no. Not an issue of free speech. It's an issue of an organizations ability to discipline and police their own being disrupted by a union that protects misconduct.

I find it amusing that in any other industry, you hate when unions protect working folks, but man, when it comes to cops that shoot black kids, you are all for unions protecting them.

Well, since being a cop involves more skills than "Driving in a straight line", it might be above you anyway.

Here's the thing. I have no problem with a cop shooting someone who pulled a gun on him. The cases I get upset about is when they just shoot someone for being a scary black person.

Well Rice pulled a gun on a cop and you still have a problem with it.

As an armed citizen in the state of Ohio, I have the right to use deadly force if I believe I'm in jeopardy of serious bodily harm. In other words, let's say that three younger guys in their 20's come after me. I am legally allowed to use deadly force in such a situation and there is no prosecutor that can make a case against me.

The police are no different. If they believe that serious harm is likely, they can use their firearm for self-defense.

To my knowledge, there is no law anywhere that says in order to use deadly force, the a aggressor has to be using the same.

That kind of proves nothing. If you have your hand straight up, yeah, you'll pull the shirt up. If you have your hands up with your arms paralell to your shoulders and just the forearms up. (the way most people would do it), then not so much. And I'm pretty sure those arms would go down once the first bullet hit you.

Most of the witnesses said that he had his hands up, but those werent' the ones the prosecutor called. He did call a delusional racist woman to the stand, though.

No, the prosecutor did call those witnesses, however their testimonies were in conflict with the forensic evidence and the witnesses telling the truth.

The Grand Jury that was presented a lot of whitewashed evidence and then never took a vote. that grand jury?

Guy, we've been over this a million times. Loehmann shot a kid playing with a toy. Deal with it.

The gun was an exact replica of the real gun, deal with it.

Yeah, when you have payoffs and hide tapes and ignore witnesses, and it takes four years to convict a guy who IS CAUGHT ON TAPE DOING EXACTLY WHAT HE IS ACCUSED OF, that's a cover up. But all those folks are out of jobs now, so the next guys aren't going to be too keen to lose their jobs for a thug with a badge.

In the past you have complained how there are only a few good cops. WTF would want to take the job if they are going to end up in prison for doing it? Good people don't want a job that can land them in jail. In most cases, they are educated people who have options with their degree. In many of our suburbs, you can't even apply for a job as a police officer unless you do have a college degree.

My coworker is a retired cop of 30 years. He said he's so glad he's no longer on the force because of what the police have to go through these days. He's a good guy and a pretty good driver.

Except that's not what happened. IN Furgeson, the Prosecutor acted like a defense attorney. In Cleveland, the prosecutor called a grand jury AFTER a judge had already ruled that there was enough evidence to take Loehmann directly to trial. In Chicago, the prosecutor sat on the tape for a year, until a judge ordered it released, and they took the case away from her and gave it to a special prosecutor before we voted her ass out.

That judge had nothing to do with the case. He was just some loud mouth leftist commie voicing his opinion.

The defense of the officer spent days going through the video frame by frame with the jury showing what Rice was doing up to and after the point he was shot.

Um, no. Not an issue of free speech. It's an issue of an organizations ability to discipline and police their own being disrupted by a union that protects misconduct.

I find it amusing that in any other industry, you hate when unions protect working folks, but man, when it comes to cops that shoot black kids, you are all for unions protecting them.

When did I protect the police union? I said they had a right to their opinion, and that goes for any American.

Well Rice pulled a gun on a cop and you still have a problem with it.

He didn't have a gun, and the toy wasn't in his hand. There was absolutely ZERO possibility that Officer McShooty was going to get shot.

As an armed citizen in the state of Ohio, I have the right to use deadly force if I believe I'm in jeopardy of serious bodily harm. In other words, let's say that three younger guys in their 20's come after me. I am legally allowed to use deadly force in such a situation and there is no prosecutor that can make a case against me.

Guy, a prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich if he wanted to, and if you ever hit the racist lottery and shoot a black guy, it's almost a certainty that any prosecutor is going to find your daily spew of racist shit you post here.

The police are no different. If they believe that serious harm is likely, they can use their firearm for self-defense.

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that, buddy. But Prosecutors LIKE keeping their jobs, and they aren't going to fall on their swords for thug cops anymore, and we are all better off for it.

In the past you have complained how there are only a few good cops.

When did I say this? Quite the contrary, I've always maintained that 99% of cops are good guys doing a difficult job. The problem is that you have that one percent who are the Wilsons, the van Dykes and the Loehmann's, guys with really dicey records who for some inexplicable reason have jobs as cops.

Van Dyke, for instance, had 20 incidents where he had used excessive force against suspects, including one where the city paid out $300,000 because he dislocated someone's shoulder during a traffic stop. Why was this guy still a cop?

WTF would want to take the job if they are going to end up in prison for doing it? Good people don't want a job that can land them in jail.

If they were good at their jobs, they won't end up in jail. The cases BLM gets upset about are the cases where they didn't do a good job, you know, like shooting someone 16 times because he had a boy scout knife.

That judge had nothing to do with the case. He was just some loud mouth leftist commie voicing his opinion.

Municipal Court Judge Ronald Adrine ruled there's probable cause to charge rookie officer Timothy Loehmann with murder, involuntary manslaughter, reckless homicide or dereliction of duty in the November shooting death of Tamir Rice. And he ruled there's evidence to charge Loehmann's partner, Frank Garmback, with reckless homicide or dereliction of duty.

The judge made his ruling after activists submitted affidavits asking the court to rule there's enough evidence to charge the officers in Tamir's death, which has spurred protests and complaints about the treatment of blacks by police.

Sounds like he had the authority to me.

The defense of the officer spent days going through the video frame by frame with the jury showing what Rice was doing up to and after the point he was shot.

Okay, here's where you are a little confused, buddy. It's not the Prosecutors job to be "the Defense". It's his job to prosecute. That's why he's called a "prosecutor". It's not his job to act like a defense attorney.

When did I protect the police union? I said they had a right to their opinion, and that goes for any American.

They do a lot more than have an opinion.

In the Van Dyke Case, they advocated for him, they paid for his attorney, and when the Chicago Police Department FINALLY fired him, they gave him a bullshit job at FOP Headquarters pretending to fix toilets.

He didn't have a gun, and the toy wasn't in his hand. There was absolutely ZERO possibility that Officer McShooty was going to get shot.

Yes, he had a toy, and here is what the toy looked like to the real thing:

Tamir Rice.jpeg

Guy, a prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich if he wanted to, and if you ever hit the racist lottery and shoot a black guy, it's almost a certainty that any prosecutor is going to find your daily spew of racist shit you post here.

He can't because it would be irrelevant to the charge. A prosecutor that would indict somebody for obeying the law can be sued out of existence.

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that, buddy. But Prosecutors LIKE keeping their jobs, and they aren't going to fall on their swords for thug cops anymore, and we are all better off for it.

They never have in the past. Again, you can't prosecute somebody for adhering to the law, you can only prosecute if you have a charge of some kind. Not liking the outcome is not against the law.

If they were good at their jobs, they won't end up in jail. The cases BLM gets upset about are the cases where they didn't do a good job, you know, like shooting someone 16 times because he had a boy scout knife.

The combined IQ of BLM members is about 52. They are more ignorant of the law than you are.

Okay, here's where you are a little confused, buddy. It's not the Prosecutors job to be "the Defense". It's his job to prosecute. That's why he's called a "prosecutor". It's not his job to act like a defense attorney.

I didn't say the prosecutor, I said his defense team went through the video frame by frame.

They do a lot more than have an opinion.

In the Van Dyke Case, they advocated for him, they paid for his attorney, and when the Chicago Police Department FINALLY fired him, they gave him a bullshit job at FOP Headquarters pretending to fix toilets.

And they are legally allowed to do so.

Yes, he had a toy, and here is what the toy looked like to the real thing:

Which again, since the officer couldn't see it, it being in his coat and all, is kind of irrelevant.

He shot a kid with a toy. He belongs in prison.

He can't because it would be irrelevant to the charge. A prosecutor that would indict somebody for obeying the law can be sued out of existence.

you tell yourself that, buddy. You tell yourself that.

They never have in the past. Again, you can't prosecute somebody for adhering to the law, you can only prosecute if you have a charge of some kind. Not liking the outcome is not against the law.

But that's what's changed, buddy. The days where a cop can claim the scary black guy deserved to be shot because scary black guy are over. Now the prosecutors WILL prosecute them, and juries will convict them. If they don't, they will be out of jobs. They've all gotten that message loud and clear.

The combined IQ of BLM members is about 52. They are more ignorant of the law than you are.

One more time, the days where prosecutors let cops get away with this shit are done. The days where racists can shoot scary black people for being scary black people are done.

Deal with it.

I didn't say the prosecutor, I said his defense team went through the video frame by frame.

Defense teams aren't allowed in the Grand Jury.

Which again, since the officer couldn't see it, it being in his coat and all, is kind of irrelevant.

He shot a kid with a toy. He belongs in prison.

He shot a kid that was pulling out a realistic gun on him. That's how it ended up on the ground. You refuse to look at evidence and create these ridiculous stories in your head. What cop would shoot somebody that wasn't pulling out a gun on them? That officer WOULD BE in prison if that were the case. Obviously, he seen the gun and reacted.

But that's what's changed, buddy. The days where a cop can claim the scary black guy deserved to be shot because scary black guy are over. Now the prosecutors WILL prosecute them, and juries will convict them. If they don't, they will be out of jobs. They've all gotten that message loud and clear.

Keep dreaming. Nothing has changed. No prosecutor is going to violate the law and falsely charge somebody with a crime they never committed. And if a racist jury finds an officer guilty simply because they think like you and are ignorant of the laws in our country, it would be overturned in the first appeal court.

Duke Prosecutor Jailed; Students Seek Settlement

What cop would shoot somebody that wasn't pulling out a gun on them?

The same kind that gets fired from a Squirrel Cop position because he broke out WEEPING LIKE A WOMAN on a firing range.

You know, THAT kind. The kind of person who never, ever should have been a cop to start with.

That officer WOULD BE in prison if that were the case.

Yeah, he would be if the prosecutor wasn't a racist Piece of Shit who got voted out of office.

Keep dreaming. Nothing has changed. No prosecutor is going to violate the law and falsely charge somebody with a crime they never committed.

Um, sorry, man, we have cameras all over the place. The cop who tries to lie about how the scary negro was going to get him is usually going to be in the same place Van Dyke was... looking like a moron trying to say, "Who you gonna believe, me or your lying eyes?"

And if a racist jury finds an officer guilty simply because they think like you and are ignorant of the laws in our country, it would be overturned in the first appeal court.

Sorry, man, the police are the ones who have to work on fixing their relationships with the community. They can start by getting rid of the racists in their ranks.

Forum List

Back