High school half time show that promoted killing police officers.

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant is condemning a high school band for a football halftime performance that he said was “unacceptable in a civilized society.”

Many are saying the performance Friday night by the band from Forest Hill High School depicted students dressed as doctors and nurses pointing toy guns at SWAT team members prone on the ground, WLBT-TV reported.

Bryant issued his condemnation Saturday in a tweet.

The performance was held at the high school in Brookhaven where two police officers were killed in the line of duty Sept. 29 responding to a call of shots fired, the station reported

Brookhaven’s mayor said the band director was placed on administrative leave, the station reported.

Mississippi governor condemns high school band’s halftime show

So I found this story on Facebook and wasn't too sure of it's authenticity due to the fact I never heard of the site before. So I did a Google search, and while I only went through three pages of articles, only Fox news reported it. No CNN, no MSNBC, no CBS or ABC.

Did they report it and Google shift it to the rear of the line, I don't know. Did they report it at all? I don't know. I didn't have time to go through ever page.

If our media wasn't so biased, so far left, it should have been right under the reporting of Brett Kavanaugh. The MSM stories should have been front and center on page one. So then I just went to Google news. Notta. Not one article on the story.

If we allow left-wing media to bury stories of kids dressed up as doctors and holding police hostage during a football game, what else are they hiding from us that we don't know?

That's why you watch Fox news.

Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant is condemning a high school band for a football halftime performance that he said was “unacceptable in a civilized society.”

Many are saying the performance Friday night by the band from Forest Hill High School depicted students dressed as doctors and nurses pointing toy guns at SWAT team members prone on the ground, WLBT-TV reported.

The performance was held at the high school in Brookhaven where two police officers were killed in the line of duty Sept. 29 responding to a call of shots fired, the station reported

Brookhaven’s mayor said the band director was placed on administrative leave, the station reported.

So I found this story on Facebook and wasn't too sure of it's authenticity due to the fact I never heard of the site before. So I did a Google search, and while I only went through three pages of articles, only Fox news reported it. No CNN, no MSNBC, no CBS or ABC.

Did they report it and Google shift it to the rear of the line, I don't know. Did they report it at all? I don't know. I didn't have time to go through ever page.

If our media wasn't so biased, so far left, it should have been right under the reporting of Brett Kavanaugh. The MSM stories should have been front and center on page one. So then I just went to Google news. Notta. Not one article on the story.

If we allow left-wing media to bury stories of kids dressed up as doctors and holding police hostage during a football game, what else are they hiding from us that we don't know?

High school band director suspended for depiction of killing police, school apologizes
Forest+Hill+School+band+controversy.jpg

Credit: WJTV 12
Posted: Sat 2:59 PM, Oct 06, 2018

By: Tara Thomas | WJTV 12
October 6, 2018

JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) -- The Forest Hill High School band director from Jackson, Mississippi is suspended from his duties, the mayor says, after provoking public outrage at Friday night’s halftime show.

The Forest Hill High School Band is receiving national criticism for their performance at a game with Brookhaven High School, when they pointed guns at students laying on the ground, dressed as law enforcement, days after two Brookhaven Police officers were shot to death.

Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant responded Saturday, tweeting “This is unacceptable in a civilized society. Someone should be held accountable.”

This is unacceptable in a civilized society. Someone should be held accountable. MDPS releases statement regarding Forest Hill band performance at Brookhaven High School, calls it “highly inappropriate”
The Jackson School District apologizes for their halftime show, saying the act was based on “the movie John Q,” which depicts a hostage situation, according to a press release from the school.

School superintendent Dr. Errick Greene said “I want to offer my deep and sincere apologies for the performance by the Forest Hill High School band during Friday’s football half-time show in Brookhaven.

"JPS has a great deal of respect and appreciation for our law enforcement partners,” Greene said. "The band’s performance does not depict the values and people in our community, and was incredibly insensitive to the students, families, law enforcement officials and the entire Brookhaven community. For this we sincerely apologize to all, and we pledge to do better in the future.”

“We have taken some initial actions in response to this matter, and you have my commitment that we will investigate it fully and take additional appropriate action with respect to procedures and personnel,” Greene added.

For the original story, click here.

The apology first and foremost should have been specifically to the families of the two officers killed a week before. The fact they weren't acknowledged in the Superintendent's generic apology is, in itself, telling IMO.

The better question is would the MSM have reported it if the actors were white? I hate to bring race into this, but it's something that cannot be ignored.

Boring local news

Boring local news

Boring? A stadium filled with school kids and seeing this is boring local news?

I think Americans all over the country are sick of the left promoting violence--especially on our police officers.

But since this is boring local news, what if they did the same thing only depicting the victims as gay people? How about transgender people? Or if it were white actors, doing the same thing to minority victims? Would it be boring local news then?

I'd clean house...fire more than band director....oh and I dont want to hear any whining if your police response is slow or non-existant either....

I'd clean house...fire more than band director....oh and I dont want to hear any whining if your police response is slow or non-existant either....

I think they are taking an appropriate response, but what Iquestion is who came up with this idea and who let it be performed? I don't even understand the message; doctors and nurses pointing a gun at a SWAT officer? WTF is that even supposed to represent?

...the left, blacks are blatantly anti-white/anti-law and order/anti-police
but that's ok with the MSM if you are leftist/black
..the MSM never highlights/headlines the left/''leftists'' hate

they are proud to be anti-police
criminals are their heroes!
Mbrown
KScott
ASterling
FGray
EGarner
ASmith
etc
all criminals and/or career criminals
they have HUGE protests FOR these jackasses

Boring local news
Holy crap.

Well, I'm not often stunned at this point, but that one got me. Congratulations.

There is something seriously wrong here. I can't believe I saw this.

Can you believe the MSM (outside of Fox) did not report it? National Review had an article that I found, but the rest of the reporting came from local agencies and internet sites.

Boring local news
Holy crap.

Well, I'm not often stunned at this point, but that one got me. Congratulations.

Can you believe the MSM (outside of Fox) did not report it? National Review had an article that I found, but the rest of the reporting came from local agencies and internet sites.
Not good.

Imagine if roles were reversed.

This is pretty blatant, and trying to avoid it is a horrible sign.

...the left, blacks are blatantly anti-white/anti-law and order/anti-police
but that's ok with the MSM if you are leftist/black
..the MSM never highlights/headlines the left/''leftists'' hate

The mayor of the town, condemned it too.

Jackson-MS-mayor-Chokwe-Lumumba-has-died-at-the-age-of-66.-www.-yourblackworld.net_.png

Mbrown
KScott
ASterling
FGray
EGarner
ASmith
etc

And this is what happens when you allow things like kneeling in front of the flag while the Anthem is being played. They already promoted that hatred on a national level. Now at a local level, they are going to advance their message by taking it to the next step.

Boring local news
Holy crap.

Not good.

Imagine if roles were reversed.

This is pretty blatant, and trying to avoid it is a horrible sign.

As I asked earlier, would this have been an issue if it were white students doing the same thing?

Boring local news
Holy crap.

I have many threads and posts that point out this exact point
....I've put out much evidence and links on this
.....especially when blacks/leftists commit TRUE hate crimes--these are hardly ever headlined
...and when they do headline--or even put them in---it is NEVER racial.....
..but if a cop/SWAT defends himself---RACE RACE RACE

Mbrown
KScott
ASterling
FGray
EGarner
ASmith
etc

And this is what happens when you allow things like kneeling in front of the flag while the Anthem is being played. They already promoted that hatred on a national level. Now at a local level, they are going to advance their message by taking it to the next step.
..it also teaches the kids---so they will grow up to hate law and order/police
..so you have the self destructive culture cycle over and over

Forum List

Back