Zone1 Hi im new

No. I left High School after three weeks into the 10th grade. I was one of the most intelligent students. I ended up being friends with and debating grad students at most of the Universities in Boston area. I was gifted. I doubt we would have become friends. i had no time for dolts, bullies, and pseudo-intellectuals

autodidacts rule!

Hey, I watched that movie. Did you do the "how'd you like them apples" thing?

Hey, I watched that movie. Did you do the "how'd you like them apples" thing?
I'm an Original Bostonian. Not from Cambridge or other burbs. Though I believe Damon's family tree intersects with mine. It may be One of his great grandmothers (g, more g's?) was mine too. She got divorced and took my relatives in with her Damon marriage

I'm an Original Bostonian. Not from Cambridge or other burbs. Though I believe Damon's family tree intersects with mine. It may be One of his great grandmothers (g, more g's?) was mine too. She got divorced and took my relatives in with her Damon marriage

I knew it, what was Ben Afcuklick like to work with? I mean, the dude can't even act.

I knew it, what was Ben Afcuklick like to work with? I mean, the dude can't even act.
A friend (younger) attended class with him. He is a good actor. But I'll tell you when he and Matt came to Hollywood/LA, they had connections that made introductions easier than most would get. Taking nothing away from them. They got a foot in the door and the rest was their had work, vision, and talent

I never acted professionally. I have no patience or time for it, and the craft interests me, but the shit that comes with it turns me off. My other creative shit is personal. I'm a Dadaist at heart. It's only of late that I've saved some shit

A friend (younger) attended class with him. He is a good actor. But I'll tell you when he and Matt came to Hollywood/LA, they had connections that made introductions easier than most would get. Taking nothing away from them. They got a foot in the door and the rest was their had work, vision, and talent

I like many of Matt Damon's films, but Ben Affleck's movies are generally a bit rubbish. It takes a lot to get there and stay there as an actor, it's so easy to choose the wrong film and end up on the pile.

The nearest I got to going to school with someone famous was a guy who died as a firefighter....

I never acted professionally. I have no patience or time for it, and the craft interests me, but the shit that comes with it turns me off. My other creative shit is personal. I'm a Dadaist at heart. It's only of late that I've saved some shit

I chose to do acting at High School. The school turned around and said I couldn't, and I had to do French instead. So I quickly quit french and did art, and ended up with an art degree, and stopped painting shortly after. I'll never know if I could do acting or not. People have called me "Mr Bean" because I have a tendency of messing around, which is good as I work with kids and I can get down to their level. But I have a massive concentration problem, so remember lines and stuff might not have worked.

I chose to do acting at High School. The school turned around and said I couldn't, and I had to do French instead. So I quickly quit french and did art, and ended up with an art degree, and stopped painting shortly after. I'll never know if I could do acting or not. People have called me "Mr Bean" because I have a tendency of messing around, which is good as I work with kids and I can get down to their level. But I have a massive concentration problem, so remember lines and stuff might not have worked.
My young friend who recently was found dead in an alley with a syringe nearby, wasn incredibly talented man. With art and music he inspired others. He had some mental health and addiction issues. He came to LA to make it and it ate him up and spit him out like a piece of garbage

My young friend who recently was found dead in an alley with a syringe nearby, wasn incredibly talented man. With art and music he inspired others. He had some mental health and addiction issues. He came to LA to make it and it ate him up and spit him out like a piece of garbage

Mental health is a difficult thing, especially with no help. My sister has mental health problems, she was going out with a McDonald's worker who couldn't hold down a job. Then she met a glorified accountant who earns at least $150,000 a year. Great, now she doesn't need to work and can deal with her issues. But a lot of people can't have that luxury.

I can imagine LA is even worse, a dog eat dog world full of miserable failures (in the nicest possible way). My experience of LA is the bus station, and that was hell on earth, and it was only a few hours.

Mental health is a difficult thing, especially with no help. My sister has mental health problems, she was going out with a McDonald's worker who couldn't hold down a job. Then she met a glorified accountant who earns at least $150,000 a year. Great, now she doesn't need to work and can deal with her issues. But a lot of people can't have that luxury.

I can imagine LA is even worse, a dog eat dog world full of miserable failures (in the nicest possible way). My experience of LA is the bus station, and that was hell on earth, and it was only a few hours.
On hearing of his passing

Terrible news today. My world just got smaller, But I know from experience that there's never a good day to receive terrible news. Death, It's always nearby. I'll need time to digest this latest death, before I can even begin to write about it, let alone absorb it into my psyche

Terrible news today. My world just got smaller, But I know from experience that there's never a good day to receive terrible news. Death, It's always nearby. I'll need time to digest this latest death, before I can even begin to write about it, let alone absorb it into my psyche
I planned on writing a piece that others could identify with, that is about how those of us connected to those who die this way are left with no goodbyes, no so longs, no ....

I have photos of my friend sleeping in the streets, of his deteriorating condition, of his death approaching. When his father told me "thank you for helping my son" and "his mother always thought he'd die this way" my life was challenged changed forever. Not sure why it affects me the way it does. I had a job picking up dead bodies when I was younger. I lost my whole immediate family years ago,and I suffered loses through the years that would break many ... yet, this loss has wounded me deeply.

My friend was a sweet, troubled young man, who in the end paid a very high price for a terrible decision one day in his life. I found this link back in 2016 when I met him. I can attest that the person I knew was not this young man. He passed away in 2022, at age 36. The same issues that led him into making a terribly poor choice back in 2007, led to his tragic death in 2022.

randy usmb crop 1.jpg

Last edited:

Sometimes there are ways of looking at death that make it easier for the living to cope with. Often it's either time, or finding those ways, but not easy.

I planned on writing a piece that others could identify with, that is about how those of us connected to those who die this way are left with no goodbyes, no so longs, no ....

I have photos of my friend sleeping in the streets, of his deteriorating condition, of his death approaching. When his father told me "thank you for helping my son" and "his mother always thought he'd die this way" my life was challenged changed forever. Not sure why it affects me the way it does. I had a job picking up dead bodies when I was younger. I lost my whole immediate family years ago,and I suffered loses through the years that would break many ... yet, this loss has wounded me deeply.

My friend was a sweet, troubled young man, who in the end paid a very high price for a terrible decision one day in his life. I found this link back in 2016 when I met him. I can attest that the person I knew was not this young man. He passed away in 2022, at age 36. The same issues that led him into making a terribly poor choice back in 2007, led to his tragic death in 2022.

View attachment 745210

I've been lucky, my immediate family are all still alive, I didn't really know my grandparents. The only death that has affected me was of the firefighter. But then when I was a kid, I think I was close to accepting the end of my own life anyway, because of a miserable existence I had. Kind of gives perspective.

This. I don't identify with a political party. However I lean in a more conservative belief. I am a Christian who doesn't lean right or left however I choose to love both side and not hate. I love our constitution and believe our government is trying to devide us all. I believe there are extremes on both sides and am not quick to believe everything I see and hear based off my emotions. I hope this clears things up. I'm more a libertarian if I had to choose any party.
Sounds like you are MAGA and America First.

Forum List

Back