Hey RWs: if you're so opposed to raising the min. wage, what exactly do you think would boost wages?

Twenty two pages and the only solution offered by the cons is their old standby, cut taxes and regulation. Will they ever take this very real and critical problem seriously?

Actually, I suggested that people negotiate their own higher wages. But I guess that would be too much like personal responsibility.

I would start by asking you why "boosting wages" is the government's responsibility. Oh, I assure you it isn't.

It would strengthen the economy. That is good for the country.

Coming for your Social Security? You think they're going to break open the lock box and take it?
Al Gore, is that you? Durr.

There's a reason they call it the 'American Dream.'

There's a reason why we call you a moron.

They call it the 'American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it.

Yeah, the man is keepin' you down.

Now you're gettin it.

Yes, I understand you'd rather blame "the man" for your situation than your own choices.

Twenty two pages and the only solution offered by the cons is their old standby, cut taxes and regulation. Will they ever take this very real and critical problem seriously?

Actually, I suggested that people negotiate their own higher wages. But I guess that would be too much like personal responsibility.

I would start by asking you why "boosting wages" is the government's responsibility. Oh, I assure you it isn't.

:slap:

I have no interest in your straw man.

Wait a minute.

You want to know what our government solution is for something we don't believe is a government problem, how is that a straw man?

The government is involved in decisions that got us here. Nobody else can fix it.

Wait a minute.

You want to know what our government solution is for something we don't believe is a government problem, how is that a straw man?

Because I don't want a government solution and I never said anything about a government solution. I said that people should negotiate their own wage increases. :slap:

Wait a minute.

Because I don't want a government solution and I never said anything about a government solution. I said that people should negotiate their own wage increases. :slap:

Kind of weird that you would ask for a non government solution on a politics board, but so be it, I misunderstood.

There's a reason they call it the 'American Dream.'

Now you're gettin it.

Yes, I understand you'd rather blame "the man" for your situation than your own choices.

Damn right. The man should be blamed for much of the problems in this country.

The government isn't empowered to meddle in things simply because "they are good for the country"

And I certainly don't want to be opening that can of worms.

Now you're gettin it.

Damn right. The man should be blamed for much of the problems in this country.

I could tell you an instant way to double everyone's salary. 1/2 the country wouldn't like it, but I could tell you, and it has NOTHING to do with anything the government did.

The government isn't empowered to meddle in things simply because "they are good for the country"

So the government should let the economy stagnate?

I would argue that the government is the reason the economy is where it is to begin with.

If you have a child who is writing on the walls in crayon, do you solve the issue by giving the child even more crayons?

I would argue that the government is the reason the economy is where it is to begin with.

If you have a child who is writing on the walls in crayon, do you solve the issue by giving the child even more crayons?

Well if you would argue that then the government needs to be changed. So again the government needs to fix the problem.

Well if you would argue that then the government needs to be changed. So again the government needs to fix the problem.

Then my answer is "get out of the picture"

Then my answer is "get out of the picture"

It would be interesting to hear your argument.

Forum List

Back