Hey Libs!

Just heard it on the Factor. GE made $5B dollars last year and paid zero in taxes.. Immelt is obie wan's good buddy..

What do you think about that?

Go!
:clap2:

Way to go! Keep money out of the greedy hands of liberals and politicians. I worked for GE for about 12 years in two roughly 6 year stints. The best was two years outsourcing American jobs to India. No one finds loopholes and stashes cash in all the ways they do. It's what makes this country great. God Bless America and way to go GE.

Yea, outsourcing jobs is just great for the American worker. Here's what I would do. Tax the living fuck out of the CEO's and executives of companies that outsource jobs. If they want to forfeit the privilege of living in America, they can go live in the squalor and bile their outsourced wages support.

Thank you for proving the right loves America, it's just those damn AmeriCANS they can't stand...GFY

Thank you for proving the right loves America, it's just those damn AmeriCANS they can't stand...GFY

I'm a libertarian, so I'm not sure how I proved that about the right.

Outsourcing jobs drives efficiency which makes our companies more competitive against foreign competition, reduces prices and increases payouts to shareholders. Which creates more jobs, just different ones. Take an economics class.

I'm a libertarian, so I'm not sure how I proved that about the right.

Outsourcing jobs drives efficiency which makes our companies more competitive against foreign competition, reduces prices and increases payouts to shareholders. Which creates more jobs, just different ones. Take an economics class.

The American people are stakeholders, not shareholders. Take a civics class.

BTW, the real Boston Tea Party was an Anti-Corporate Revolt, and our founding fathers believed in very heavy regulation and conrtol of corporations, and they were certainly not libertarians. They were the antithesis of the Ayn Rand narcissism.

"The equal rights of man, and the happiness of every individual, are now acknowledged to be the only legitimate objects of government. Modern times have the signal advantage, too, of having discovered the only device by which these rights can be secured, to wit: government by the people, acting not in person, but by representatives chosen by themselves, that is to say, by every man of ripe years and sane mind, who contributes either by his purse or person to the support of his country." --Thomas Jefferson to A. Coray, 1823. ME 15:482

I'm what you would call a "hard core" liberal progressive. I voted for and support President Obama. I will vote for him again in 2012 (after voting for Sarah Palin in the Primary, naturally :D ).

I do not support ANY of these multinational corporations not paying their taxes and getting huge tax breaks from the government. I do not support these multinational corporations sending jobs overseas where they can pay workers less than a living wage to increase their already bloated profits in order to make plastic crap that breaks so we will buy more of their crap that breaks. (Although soon enough we won't have money to buy their plastic crap that breaks because we have no jobs here because they've moved them all overseas...but what do these corporations care...they'll have all the money)

I do not, however, understand these attempts at false equivalences. Has President Obama or the Democrats (and I'm talking Progressive Democrats, not Blue Dogs) stopped efforts to close corporate loopholes for these multinational corporations? Is he attempting to lessen regulations for them? The President still has "stuff to do" and that involves working with energy and technology leaders around our country, whether or not he thinks they should stop shipping jobs overseas and pay their fair share of taxes.

I don't like the cozy relationship between government and corporations. I want to see ALL the corporate and special interest monies OUT of our politics and I don't see that relationship ending anytime soon, but it is NOT because of anything that President Obama has done or not done, tried to do or not tried to do. The fact is that he does want to see corporate loopholes closed that rewards these corporations for shipping jobs overseas. He does support more stringent regulations on corporations, but he still must do the business of running our country and "working with what we got".

Who has it been obstructing these attempts at tax reform and regulation of the crooks on Wall Street?

Translation. "obie wan lied to me in my face but I'mma gonna vote for he anyways." that's why we call you Dummies. :lol:

Since you seem to think you can speak for me, please tell me how President Obama lied exactly?

Also, hate to burn a good strawman, but outside of the entertainment division, the clear majority of GE's political contributions since 1990 (68% in the divisions that have contributed at least 50k) are to Republicans.

I'm what you would call a "hard core" liberal progressive. I voted for and support President Obama. I will vote for him again in 2012 (after voting for Sarah Palin in the Primary, naturally :D ).

I do not support ANY of these multinational corporations not paying their taxes and getting huge tax breaks from the government. I do not support these multinational corporations sending jobs overseas where they can pay workers less than a living wage to increase their already bloated profits in order to make plastic crap that breaks so we will buy more of their crap that breaks. (Although soon enough we won't have money to buy their plastic crap that breaks because we have no jobs here because they've moved them all overseas...but what do these corporations care...they'll have all the money)

I do not, however, understand these attempts at false equivalences. Has President Obama or the Democrats (and I'm talking Progressive Democrats, not Blue Dogs) stopped efforts to close corporate loopholes for these multinational corporations? Is he attempting to lessen regulations for them? The President still has "stuff to do" and that involves working with energy and technology leaders around our country, whether or not he thinks they should stop shipping jobs overseas and pay their fair share of taxes.

I don't like the cozy relationship between government and corporations. I want to see ALL the corporate and special interest monies OUT of our politics and I don't see that relationship ending anytime soon, but it is NOT because of anything that President Obama has done or not done, tried to do or not tried to do. The fact is that he does want to see corporate loopholes closed that rewards these corporations for shipping jobs overseas. He does support more stringent regulations on corporations, but he still must do the business of running our country and "working with what we got".

Who has it been obstructing these attempts at tax reform and regulation of the crooks on Wall Street?

Translation. "obie wan lied to me in my face but I'mma gonna vote for he anyways." that's why we call you Dummies. :lol:

Since you seem to think you can speak for me, please tell me how President Obama lied exactly?

Can I try??

How about when he said he's going to raise taxes for the wealthy (GE qualifies) yet, because they were a huge contributor, they've been spared.
Closing GTMO.
No troops on the ground in Libya.
Lowering taxes for the middle class while mandating the purchase of a product.

Now. Can you tell me something he's been honest about?

Just heard it on the Factor. GE made $5B dollars last year and paid zero in taxes.. Immelt is obie wan's good buddy..

What do you think about that?

Go!
:clap2:

Way to go! Keep money out of the greedy hands of liberals and politicians. I worked for GE for about 12 years in two roughly 6 year stints. The best was two years outsourcing American jobs to India. No one finds loopholes and stashes cash in all the ways they do. It's what makes this country great. God Bless America and way to go GE.

Yea, outsourcing jobs is just great for the American worker. Here's what I would do. Tax the living fuck out of the CEO's and executives of companies that outsource jobs. If they want to forfeit the privilege of living in America, they can go live in the squalor and bile their outsourced wages support.

get serious do you actually think obie wan is gonna tax the fuck out of his good buddy immelt?

Actually I think that you think the health care so called "reform" law keeps the private market firmly in place shows what a whacked out leftist you are, just like when you called Obama a centrist.

I'm extreme and I know that. I don't know why wanting to limit government is extreme, but clearly it is. But I don't understand on the left when you're in love with Mao how you actually seem to believe that's somehow "moderate" to think that.

More bullshit. Nothing to back it up. How is HC reform far-left? Far-left would be single payer, or at least a public option. You say it's not private market based. It requires millions of people to buy a private product. How is that not private market based? Please, tell me. This ought to be good. You say it's "clearly" liberal. How so, professor? Enlighten us with your vast knowledge. :lol::lol::lol:

Right there.. "It requires." That makes it a government takeover. spin it anywhich way you want but that's a fact jack.

Handing the private insurance industry millions of new customers is gov't takeover? Yeah, ok. Talk about spin. :lol::lol::lol:

More bullshit. Nothing to back it up. How is HC reform far-left? Far-left would be single payer, or at least a public option. You say it's not private market based. It requires millions of people to buy a private product. How is that not private market based? Please, tell me. This ought to be good. You say it's "clearly" liberal. How so, professor? Enlighten us with your vast knowledge. :lol::lol::lol:

Right there.. "It requires." That makes it a government takeover. spin it anywhich way you want but that's a fact jack.

Handing the private insurance industry millions of new customers is gov't takeover? Yeah, ok. Talk about spin. :lol::lol::lol:

You pathetic nincompoop. Yes, it is.

Career politicians FORCE people to buy a product from companies which donate vast amount of money to said career politicians. It's a form of government takeover for the benefit of the Big Government Cronies.

You pathetic nincompoop. Yes, it is.

Career politicians FORCE people to buy a product from companies which donate vast amount of money to said career politicians. It's a form of government takeover for the benefit of the Big Government Cronies.

:eusa_eh:

Like, water an' 'lectricity, an' such.

Can I try??

How about when he said he's going to raise taxes for the wealthy (GE qualifies) yet, because they were a huge contributor, they've been spared.
Closing GTMO.

Each and every time the President has tried to raise taxes on the upper 2%, tried to close tax loopholes or close GITMO, he has been met with a solid wall of obstructionism from Republicans and Blue Dogs. Sorry, but you can't pin those on the President.

95% of Americans got a tax break. I realize most Faux "news" watchers don't know that, but it is still the truth.

As for the Insurance mandate, the President opposed a mandate, but since it was Congress that drafted the insurance reform bill, he couldn't really control that could he? Do I wish he had fought harder for a Public Option and against an insurance mandate? Absolutely, but once again the fault lies with Blue Dogs and insurance companies that threw ungodly amounts of cash at our elected representatives, not the President. Unfortunately, because of the way the bill was crafted, without a mandate, it doesn't save people and our country money. With the mandate, it does.

Take a look at the President's campaign promises and then look at what he has accomplished of those promises. He's doing damn good for a President that was faced with historic obstructionism from the get go.

Can I try??

Closing GTMO.

Each and every time the President has tried to raise taxes on the upper 2%, tried to close tax loopholes or close GITMO, he has been met with a solid wall of obstructionism from Republicans and Blue Dogs. Sorry, but you can't pin those on the President.

95% of Americans got a tax break. I realize most Faux "news" watchers don't know that, but it is still the truth.

As for the Insurance mandate, the President opposed a mandate, but since it was Congress that drafted the insurance reform bill, he couldn't really control that could he? Do I wish he had fought harder for a Public Option and against an insurance mandate? Absolutely, but once again the fault lies with Blue Dogs and insurance companies that threw ungodly amounts of cash at our elected representatives, not the President. Unfortunately, because of the way the bill was crafted, without a mandate, it doesn't save people and our country money. With the mandate, it does.

Take a look at the President's campaign promises and then look at what he has accomplished of those promises. He's doing damn good for a President that was faced with historic obstructionism from the get go.

Don't forget the Individual Mandate was originally a Republican idea.

Historic obstructionism
20100212_FILIBUSTER.wide_photo.prod_affiliate.91.jpg

Waterloo | FrumForum

At the beginning of this process we made a strategic decision: unlike, say, Democrats in 2001 when President Bush proposed his first tax cut, we would make no deal with the administration. No negotiations, no compromise, nothing. We were going for all the marbles. This would be Obama’s Waterloo – just as healthcare was Clinton’s in 1994.

Could a deal have been reached? Who knows? But we do know that the gap between this plan and traditional Republican ideas is not very big. The Obama plan has a broad family resemblance to Mitt Romney’s Massachusetts plan. It builds on ideas developed at the Heritage Foundation in the early 1990s that formed the basis for Republican counter-proposals to Clintoncare in 1993-1994.
David Frum - former G.W. Bush speechwriter

"To unequal privileges among members of the same society the spirit of our nation is, with one accord, adverse." --Thomas Jefferson to Hugh White, 1801. ME 10:258

Can I try??

Closing GTMO.

Umm....
You DO realized that Barack Obama signed an Executive Order to keep GTMO open, right?!
How is that being obstructed from closing it?

In the next paragraph you try to tell me that the most powerful democratic politician in office has no control over his democratically controlled congress??????

I'm not researching for an answer to a question I posed to you.
I repeat my question;
Can you tell me something that he has been honest about?

Can I try??

Closing GTMO.

Umm....
You DO realized that Barack Obama signed an Executive Order to keep GTMO open, right?!
How is that being obstructed from closing it?

In the next paragraph you try to tell me that the most powerful democratic politician in office has no control over his democratically controlled congress??????

I'm not researching for an answer to a question I posed to you.
I repeat my question;
Can you tell me something that he has been honest about?

Oh, so THAT'S how it is supposed to work? Here's a concept for you right wing authoritarian followers, three equal branches of government, not a monarchy.

Forum List

Back