He's a Divider. Not A Uniter

Pardon me if i call BS on that thought when early on, Obama's response to a republican idea was "I won."

Better yet was when Obama admitted that evening when he spoke to the republicans on national TV...

If I recall...when he was called on the carpet about the "no ideas" rhetoric he was forced to admit that "yes, I saw all of your ideas."...and then he rationalized him saying that they had no ideas becuase ...and I quote....."I just did not think they would work"

And only a true partisan would not see that as him saying "my way or the high way"

My friend that is not what he said.

Is there an available link of that conversation? I haven't heard it so I can't comment.

I think some of the Democrats where interested in bipartisanship. I do not agree AT ALL that Obama was. Obama was only interested in going down in history as the President who got "health care reform" passed. And it really didn't matter to him at what cost to the American people. He just wanted it passed, and to hell with bipartisanship.

Rick

Saying "NO" to an idea is not "Bipartisanship". Bipartisanship involves a willingness to compromise on issues.

Republicans have not tried, in any way, to compromise on anything.

They have obstructed every single attempt at legislation, en-masse, that has been introduced since the beginning of this administration.

Even the recent jobs bill got minimal Republican help, and that was a no-brainer.

And now you're trying to blame Obama for not being "Bi-Partisan"???

That's rich.

I think some of the Democrats where interested in bipartisanship. I do not agree AT ALL that Obama was. Obama was only interested in going down in history as the President who got "health care reform" passed. And it really didn't matter to him at what cost to the American people. He just wanted it passed, and to hell with bipartisanship.

Rick

Saying "NO" to an idea is not "Bipartisanship". Bipartisanship involves a willingness to compromise on issues.

They have obstructed every single attempt at legislation, en-masse, that has been introduced since the beginning of this administration.

Even the recent jobs bill got minimal Republican help, and that was a no-brainer.

That's rich.

That is kind of what I've seen too...now, I can't say I've seen better behavior from a lot of the congressional Democrats either - but there's been little compromise accept I think, on the war legislation.

Personally, I would like to form a centrist party, and give the finger to both Democrats and Republicans.

Hell, with the Tea Partiers taking the votes on the Far Right, the Republican party may just cease to exist if that happened.

Then we'd have 3 parties: A much diminished Democratic party representing the Far Left, a large Centrist party representing the middle and the Tea Party representing the far right.

Hell, by playing 2 against one with each side on various issues, Congress might even be able to get some things done.

Take a look..Would it not be interesting if he had in fact shown bipartisanship? And ever ask yourself why these guys weren't on the comittee writing this monster bill?

Physicians' Council for Responsible Reform: What We're About

Maybe because they are part of NRCC - National Republican Congressional Committee?

yep,, they are Republican Congressman and Physicians,, white too, so they don't mean shit to obama and the democrats.

Take a look..Would it not be interesting if he had in fact shown bipartisanship? And ever ask yourself why these guys weren't on the comittee writing this monster bill?

Physicians' Council for Responsible Reform: What We're About

Maybe because they are part of NRCC - National Republican Congressional Committee?

yep,, they are Republican Congressman and Physicians,, white too, so they don't mean shit to obama and the democrats.

You literally tried to use a bunch of Republican congressman a a source to prove that partisanship on the healthcare bill is Obama's fault, and when called on it, you just keep right on trucking...

Wow. Well, nobody ever accused you of not having brass balls Willow.

I think Obama was seriously interested in bipartisanship. I do not think the Democrats in Congress were however. It just made the partisan stances stronger.
Pardon me if i call BS on that thought when early on, Obama's response to a republican idea was "I won."

Many of the ideas in the Healthcare bill were ideas the Republicans at one time supported. But they somehow couldn't support it - at all - when it was Obama's bill.

would you support the theft of 960 billion dollars from the people who need the most health care?

You literally tried to use a bunch of Republican congressman a a source to prove that partisanship on the healthcare bill is Obama's fault, and when called on it, you just keep right on trucking...

at least I got some balls, you misplaced yours a long time ago.. all you have now are empty bags.

I am curious....what makes you think that the President is being truthful when he says he has had an open door?

Why are you so sure the Republicans are lying?

Does it not concern you that he lied about things like CSPAN, back room deals (Unions for example), and moist doctyors are on board (AMA represents only 17% of doctors).....yet you easily believe that his door was open to republicans all along?

Hey...me? I am skeptical about what any politician says....

But you believe what Obama says hands down?

Why?

I am curious....what makes you think that the President is being truthful when he says he has had an open door?

Does it not concern you that he lied about things like CSPAN, back room deals (Unions for example), and moist doctyors are on board (AMA represents only 17% of doctors).....yet you easily believe that his door was open to republicans all along?

Why?

Actually, I don't.

My response was simply meant to point out the hypocrisy of the OP for blaming Mr Obama for a lack of Bipartisanship when the opposition has been so adamantly and publicly partisan.

I wasn't even saying that the Democrats had been particularly bipartisan in their efforts, just that the Republicans had been over the top in intentionally showing that they were specifically not going to be Bipartisan.

Let's see, the left is still bitching about the right, the right is still bitching about the left, Obama and Congress told the American people to go fuck themselves, the world community (even Chavez) thinks Obama is a joke, our credit rating is on the verge of being downgraded, homestarts are at an all time historic low, construction employment is nearing 1/3 of the sector, functional unemployment is at 20%, terrorists are still vowing to blow Israel and us off the map, Gitmo is still open, we're still in Iraq, not one campaign pledge has been adhered to, Pelosi has vowed to destroy the insurance sector, public funds are being used to buy votes in Congress...... etc. etc.

yeah.. one big cumbaya fest alright.

Why?

Actually, I don't.

My response was simply meant to point out the hypocrisy of the OP for blaming Mr Obama for a lack of Bipartisanship when the opposition has been so adamantly and publicly partisan.

I wasn't even saying that the Democrats had been particularly bipartisan in their efforts, just that the Republicans had been over the top in intentionally showing that they were specifically not going to be Bipartisan.

Fair enough.

I say they all lie for their respective party and we are all the pawns...and they have us duking it out on their behalf as they continue to fuel our fires.

Why?

Actually, I don't.

Well, you got us there Sparky.. the left sure worked with GWB for 8 years, you know, undercutting him at every turn, calling him everything from a liar to "Satan".

You probably believe your own bullshit.

Why?

Actually, I don't.

you need to either shit or get the hell off the pot. LWC,,, you are starting to look foolish.

Rick

That's rich.

That is kind of what I've seen too...now, I can't say I've seen better behavior from a lot of the congressional Democrats either - but there's been little compromise accept I think, on the war legislation.
What i've seen, basically:

- Democrats gain in both the house and Senate and win the presidency.
- Obama takes office with an ambitious agenda and a congress right behind him.
- They come in and start out hot and heavy legislation, but it was little more than "wanna sign this piece of paper pledging your support for our cause?"
- Most republicans don't want to because it's too much for them to support.
- Democrats say "fine, we don't need you anyway."
- Republicans become further disenfranchised and become less supportive.

I'm happy to see that the republicans might actually have some fiscal conservativeness left in them, so i'm personally happy to see them act the way they did. Maybe i wouldn't feel so bad about a republican vote in 2010. I don't really blame the democrats for acting the way they did though. They got some major victories in the 2008 elections so they earned the opportunity to pursue the agenda they wanted to, it was just too far left for the republicans to support and the democrats didn't want to nor did they have to bring it right enough for them. They both basically said "fuck you" and that's where we are today.

If the tables were turned and the republicans came in with visions of huge tax cuts and slashing of government programs then i wouldn't blame the democrats for not wanting to go along with that as that's not what they stand for.

Last edited:
Well, you got us there Sparky.. the left sure worked with GWB for 8 years, you know, undercutting him at every turn, calling him everything from a liar to "Satan".

You probably believe your own bullshit.

Is this some sort of variation on the "Blame Bush" tactic?

Don't you people keep complaining that we're trying to "blame everything on Bush"?

Now you're trying to blame your party's partisan behavior on the Democrats from the Bush era?

Well, hell, let's go back to the Clinton administration then... There sure was a hell of a lot of partisan BS against Clinton during those years.

Man up and look in the mirror "sparky".

Actually, I don't.

you need to either shit or get the hell off the pot. LWC,,, you are starting to look foolish.

I'm not the one who started the mudslinging thread we are currently posting in, now am I?

I think this was THE PLAN all along.

put the Obama in there and make him President, so they could DIVIDE the country between race to get their agenda pushed on the people.

just a thought.:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back