here's your voter fraud! Florida voters claim they were duped into changing party affiliations

First off CNN not like it is a reputable news source.
Second they all seem to be saying the same woman did it.
So have to hand it to you for the broad brush approach

• Banned
Party affiliations don’t determine who you vote for
just like you call yourself rightwinger, but it doesn't determine the fact that you're a leftist?

...but it can prevent from voting for folks though, according to each state's laws in the primary

just like you call yourself rightwinger, but it doesn't determine the fact that you're a leftist?

...but it can prevent from voting for folks though, according to each state's laws in the primary
I am registered as a Republican

Well, although that is true in November elections, if they wanted to vote in a democratic primary they can't unless they are registered as a dem. Just like an NPA cannot vote in either party primary. I was an NPA for the first 25 years here and then started going back and forth every 4 years so I could vote in both primaries. I have stayed a registered republican for the past 3 years simply because there is almost never a dem that runs in my part of Florida.

oh sure. and i'm Foghorn Leghorn

There's more than one way you can win an election in a Closed Primary state.

If you don't have a problem with someone in your party making it through the primaries, one of them will ...
It's not necessarily a bad idea to make sure the person they are running against in the General Election
is the shittiest candidate the other party has to offer.

It's a gamble ... But that doesn't mean people don't do it.

No but it has other implications. It's wrong when you have closed primaries. Here in Colorado, we don't have closed primaries. If you are registered as a Republican, you get to vote in just the Republican Primary. Same goes for the Democrats. But those of us with independence status, can vote for one or the other but not both. We get sent both ballots.

No but it has other implications. It's wrong when you have closed primaries. Here in Colorado, we don't have closed primaries. If you are registered as a Republican, you get to vote in just the Republican Primary. Same goes for the Democrats. But those of us with independence status, can vote for one or the other but not both. We get sent both ballots.
That is why I am registered as a Republican

My town and county are solid Republican. Often there is not even a Democrat on the ticket.

If you want to have a choice of who is on the town council or County Board you have to vote in the Republican Primary.
So I registered as a Republican

Forum List

Back