Here’s Your Battery for Your 2017 Hyundai Sir. That’ll Be $50,000

You can buy a brand new Ioniq for less than $50,000 and you would qualify for a federal tax credit for buying an electric.

I hope this fellow didn't get the new battery.

Disposable cars. How environmentally friendly. I couldn’t hand it to the greenies even more.

Why is everything posted by MAGA cult members based on a lie? The Lifetime Hybrid/Electric Battery Warranty ensures that if the lithium-ion polymer battery fails, Hyundai will replace the battery and cover recycling costs for the old battery free of charge to the original owner. If you happen to be a second owner, the average cost for a Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid High Voltage Battery Replacement is between $5,465 and $5,522. Labor costs are estimated between $220 and $278 while parts are priced between $5,245 and $5,245.

You can buy a brand new Ioniq for less than $50,000 and you would qualify for a federal tax credit for buying an electric.

I hope this fellow didn't get the new battery.
Do they have a Federal Tax Credit in Canada?

Why is everything posted by MAGA cult members based on a lie? The Lifetime Hybrid/Electric Battery Warranty ensures that if the lithium-ion polymer battery fails, Hyundai will replace the battery and cover recycling costs for the old battery free of charge to the original owner. If you happen to be a second owner, the average cost for a Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid High Voltage Battery Replacement is between $5,465 and $5,522. Labor costs are estimated between $220 and $278 while parts are priced between $5,245 and $5,245.

Link?

That’s a lie.

If you believe this is a lie, perhaps you should take it up with the Canadian source?

“He had approached Hyundai Canada, hoping it would pay for all or part of the repairs, even though the warranty had run out. He said he was directed back to the dealership and he had given up.“

My son has a Tesla. A month ago he got into a fender bender. Not his fault. Some guy hit him in the rear.

This is the type of damage that if it was a regular vehicle any body shop could fix it in a day or so. Probably cost the insurance company a couple of grand.

However, since it is a Tesla and a small part of the battery pack was damage it is a significant repair.

Nobody can work on the vehicle except Tesla. However, Tesla doesn't want to mess with it. They are dragging their feet on even giving an estimate on the repair cost. The insurance company doesn't want to total the $65K vehicle. Meanwhile my son is going on over a month without his vehicle. About the only way he can get reimbursed is to sue the insurance company.

Even if the vehicle is repaired the value of it would have dropped $20K or more.

It is stupid to buy an EV.

My son has a Tesla. A month ago he got into a fender bender. Not his fault. Some guy hit him in the rear.

This is the type of damage that if it was a regular vehicle any body shop could fix it in a day or so. Probably cost the insurance company a couple of grand.

However, since it is a Tesla and a small part of the battery pack was damage it is a significant repair.

Nobody can work on the vehicle except Tesla. However, Tesla doesn't want to mess with it. They are dragging their feet on even giving an estimate on the repair cost. The insurance company doesn't want to total the $65K vehicle. Meanwhile my son is going on over a month without his vehicle. About the only way he can get reimbursed is to sue the insurance company.

Even if the vehicle is repaired the value of it would have dropped $20K or more.

No, it's stupid to buy an EV from the major auto makers. At least for Tesla, Musk's pimps have made sure that only their cronies can work on the EV purchased from them. We see the same crony capitalism operating in the ebike industry. Bosch motors aligns with Trek to make it so that only a Trek charger will work on their ebikes.

We're only just beginning to critique this EV pathology, which takes advantage of the fact that the Communist Chinese have been very successful in hollowing out American industry.

The only conclusion of that experience is that it may be stupid to buy a Tesla.

The only conclusion of that experience is that it may be stupid to buy a Tesla.
There are other reasons. The fact that in order to get a good quality one it cost him $65K. Just think how shitty these vehicles made with subsidized government funds by The Big Three and the UAW will be. They can't even make good ICE vehicles after being in the business for 100 years. The stupid thing really has limited mileage even with getting Tesla's premium batteries, especially in the winter. These charging stations takes a long time to charge and most of the time there will be be several chargers at a station not working. It is just as expensive to get it charged on the highway as it is to buy gas, even with Potatohead's inflated cost of fuel.

Any vehicle that the goddamn government has to subsidize to get people to buy ain't worth shit. That is simple real world economics.

My son didn't buy it because he is an Environmental Wacko. I taught him better than that. He bought one three years ago kinda as a status symbol in his North Atlanta neighborhood but mostly at the time Tesla's had high resale value, He got a tax break and then Potatohead was running up the cost of gas. It seem to make sense at the time but now it has greatly decreased in value and it was a shitty investment.

But what the hell do you care? You are an Environmental Wacko that is too chickenshit to buy an EV yourself so you have no room to talk. You don't put your money where your mouth is.

L-I is crappy technology for vehicles.

There are other reasons. The fact that in order to get a good quality one it cost him $65K. Just think how shitty these vehicles made with subsidized government funds by The Big Three and the UAW will be. They can't even make good ICE vehicles after being in the business for 100 years.
I do hope you're not starting to doubt the value of free market capitalism

The stupid thing really has limited mileage even with getting Tesla's premium batteries, especially in the winter.
What "thing" are you talking about? The topic here is a 2017 Hyundai Ioniq.
These charging stations takes a long time to charge and most of the time there will be be several chargers at a station not working.
And you know that how?
It is just as expensive to get it charged on the highway as it is to buy gas
I don't believe that. But you're claiming they don't cost any more.

Any vehicle that the goddamn government has to subsidize to get people to buy ain't worth shit.
The government used to subsidize hybrids. Do you think they "ain't worth shit"?
That is simple real world economics.
No, it's not. Its the ramblings of an ignorant fool.
My son didn't buy it because he is an Environmental Wacko.
Didn't buy what?
I taught him better than that.
Oi...
He bought one three years ago kinda as a status symbol in his North Atlanta neighborhood but mostly at the time Tesla's had high resale value, He got a tax break and then Potatohead was running up the cost of gas. It seem to make sense at the time but now it has greatly decreased in value and it was a shitty investment.
NO car is a good investment.
But what the hell do you care? You are an Environmental Wacko that is too chickenshit to buy an EV yourself so you have no room to talk. You don't put your money where your mouth is.
I have never said "buy an EV" in any post on this forum. I have defended them against bogus, bullshit accusations like yours, but I have never told anyone they should buy one. I drive a hybrid minivan. If I live long enough, someday I might have to buy an EV, but at the moment, they are too expensive for me and I do too much long distance travel.
L-I is crappy technology for vehicles.
So is ICE. As I have stated here on multiple occasions, my preference is for hydrogen fuel cells.

I do hope you're not starting to doubt the value of free market capitalism

What "thing" are you talking about? The topic here is a 2017 Hyundai Ioniq.

And you know that how?

I don't believe that. But you're claiming they don't cost any more.

The government used to subsidize hybrids. Do you think they "ain't worth shit"?

No, it's not. Its the ramblings of an ignorant fool.

Didn't buy what?

Oi...

NO car is a good investment.

I have never said "buy an EV" in any post on this forum. I have defended them against bogus, bullshit accusations like yours, but I have never told anyone they should buy one. I drive a hybrid minivan. If I live long enough, someday I might have to buy an EV, but at the moment, they are too expensive for me and I do too much long distance travel.

So is ICE. As I have stated here on multiple occasions, my preference is for hydrogen fuel cells.

If L-I vehicles are such great technology why don't a card carrying certified Environmental Wacko like you own one?

If L-I vehicles are such great technology why don't a card carrying certified Environmental Wacko like you own one?
Because my wife and I are retired and living off SSN and our retirement savings. Besides, did you miss that point that I have never recommended anyone else buy one? I've never been an early adopter.

Untitled1.png

Forum List

Back