Here’s Your Battery for Your 2017 Hyundai Sir. That’ll Be $50,000

Because my wife and I are retired and living off SSN and our retirement savings. Besides, did you miss that point that I have never recommended anyone else buy one? I've never been an early adopter.

So only rich people like my son can afford to pay exorbitant prices for a shitty vehicle? LOL!

You spout all this bullshit Environmental Wacko garbage but you don't practice what you preach.

Typical Moon Bat.

The fantasy that you idiots have is that everybody in America and even the world will have their vehicles be electric and charged by solar cells and you can all sit around Walden Pond all day long signing Kumbala.

Idiot! L-I batteries and solar cells don't work worth shit.

“He had approached Hyundai Canada, hoping it would pay for all or part of the repairs, even though the warranty had run out. He said he was directed back to the dealership and he had given up.“
I'll bet he's the first person to ever have problems getting a dealership to honor a waranty. They wanted him to give up and go away.

So only rich people like my son can afford to pay exorbitant prices for a shitty vehicle? LOL!

You spout all this bullshit Environmental Wacko garbage but you don't practice what you preach.

Typical Moon Bat.

The fantasy that you idiots have is that everybody in America and even the world will have their vehicles be electric and charged by solar cells and you can all sit around Walden Pond all day long signing Kumbala.

If that is what you think, then you shouldn't buy one.

They never do.
Missy Crick is a always Johnny on the Spot to spout this silly ass Environmental Wacko bullshit but when I finally got her to answer questions about her carbon foot print I find out she is just as big polluter of the environment as all the people she hates so much.

BATTERY WARRANTYThe original battery installed in your new HYUNDAI vehicle is warrantedto be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 24months from the Warranty Registration Date, or 40,000 km., whicheveroccurs first.
^^That is the Car Battery you dunce! For an internal combustion engine

Page 7,

read it

If you're son is stupid that's more your fault than mine.
What do you believe I have preached that I don't practice?
Typical Moon Bat.
Typical ignorant fool.
I think you meant "singing" and "Kumbaya"
Of course they do. Weren't you claiming to be some sort of engineer? On what do you base that statement? Do you think Li-ion batteries DON'T hold a charge? Do you think that photovoltaics DON'T generate a voltage in response to light?

If you're son is stupid that's more your fault than mine.

What do you believe I have preached that I don't practice?

Typical ignorant fool.

I think you meant "singing" and "Kumbaya"

Of course they do. Weren't you claiming to be some sort of engineer? On what do you base that statement? Do you think Li-ion batteries DON'T hold a charge? Do you think that photovoltaics DON'T generate a voltage in response to light?

What are you personally doing to fight global warming?

oops....wrong one.
Here is from page 10 the EV warranty.

HIGH VOLTAGE BATTERY CAPACITY COVERAGE
The Lithium-Ion Polymer Battery ("EV Battery") Capacity warranty
coverage period is 8 years or 160,000 kilometers from the Date of First
Service, whichever comes first, for capacity loss below 70% of the
original battery capacity. This warranty covers repairs needed to return
battery capacity to 70% of original battery capacity. If possible, the EV
battery components will be repaired or replaced, and the original EV
Battery will be returned to the vehicle. If necessary, the EV Battery will
be replaced with either a new or remanufactured Lithium-Ion Polymer
Battery. Any repair or replacement made under this Lithium-Ion Polymer
Battery Capacity Coverage may not return your Lithium-Ion Battery
to an "as new" condition with the original 1OO% battery capacity.
However, it will provide the vehicle with an EV Battery capacity of at
least 7O% of the original battery capacity

It only applies to the original owner.

I already pointed that out in my previous post. The price for subsequent owners is about $5,500, or a little more than 1/10 the price claimed in the OP. See #3.

I already pointed that out in my previous post. The price for subsequent owners is about $5,500, or a little more than 1/10 the price claimed in the OP. See #3.
Apparently it wasn't because he scrapped it.

Last edited:
Apparently it wasn't because he scrapped it.
Keep grabbing. You're getting closer to that straw all the time. If you don't like the idea of electric vehicles, don't buy one. Absurd MAGA claims just make you look goofy. 50,000? Your whining complaints should be at least a little realistic.

Keep grabbing. You're getting closer to that straw all the time. If you don't like the idea of electric vehicles, don't buy one. Absurd MAGA claims just make you look goofy. 50,000? Your whining complaints should be at least a little realistic.
All I'm saying is that the more EV's get used the more their shortcomings will be exposed. Rather than seeing things as you wish they were you should be seeing them as they are.

MAGA claims? This was from an EV enthusiast. There was even correspondence from the OEM. As near as I can tell it was 100% legit and there was nothing exaggerated.

All I'm saying is that the more EV's get used the more their shortcomings will be exposed. Rather than seeing things as you wish they were you should be seeing them as they are.

MAGA claims? This was from an EV enthusiast. There was even correspondence from the OEM. As near as I can tell it was 100% legit and there was nothing exaggerated.
So complain about the real shortcomings. Claiming $50,000.00 for battery replacement is just makes you seem childish and crazy.

So complain about the real shortcomings. Claiming $50,000.00 for battery replacement is just makes you seem childish and crazy.
It was literally published. The OEM did not deny that he was given a $50,000 estimate. Did you even read it?

It was literally published. The OEM did not deny that he was given a $50,000 estimate. Did you even read it?
People receive absurd estimates all the time. An absurd estimate doesn't mean that's how much it will actually cost to have the work done. A shop in Houston told my daughter they would charge $900.00 to change her sparkplugs. That doesn't mean $900.00 is a realistic price for plugs.

People receive absurd estimates all the time. An absurd estimate doesn't mean that's how much it will actually cost to have the work done. A shop in Houston told my daughter they would charge $900.00 to change her sparkplugs. That doesn't mean $900.00 is a realistic price for plugs.
He made every effort and still scrapped is vehicle.

Forum List

Back