Zone1 Here's an Idea . . . .

No, I can see facts.

Admittedly that puts me light years ahead of the RWNJs here but certainly not the final arbiter of truth.

Facts? Naaaa, you are a blind partisan, nothing more. Your disbelief in no way abrogates anyone's experience. I've seen people healed. I've had people I prayed for be healed by God. The Lord has spoken to me once and His Angels twice. In the last year we have been visited 4 times by Angels. The Lord honors your disbelief and so do I.

Facts? Naaaa, you are a blind partisan, nothing more. Your disbelief in no way abrogates anyone's experience. I've seen people healed. I've had people I prayed for be healed by God. The Lord has spoken to me once and His Angels twice. In the last year we have been visited 4 times by Angels. The Lord honors your disbelief and so do I.
Like I said, light years ahead.

how about you people start a thread that builds up, and makes the case for, YOUR religion.

Here's the thing about that. I belong to a pretty great religion that is also a very active social community.

But, I neither want nor need to make a case for it.

But, not to put too fine a point on it, the ONLY reason to make a case for your religion is to sell it to someone else. I'm not selling. I don't want anyone else, who isn't already part of it, to join.

Here's an Idea . . . . instead of starting threads that tear down other peoples' religion, how about you people start a thread that builds up, and makes the case for, YOUR religion.
no one is tearing down, it is you who tears down, this is called Pride
do you know the story of the wolf and the dog or the Judas goat
2634213.jpg

He who despises the word will be destroyed, But he who fears the commandment will be rewarded.
Prov 13:13 (NKJV)

I will break the pride of your power; I will make your heavens like iron and your earth like bronze.
Lev 26:19 (NKJV)

When pride comes, then comes shame; But with humility is wisdom.
Prov 11:2 (NKJV)

In order to turn man from his deed, And conceal pride from man,
He keeps his soul from the Pit, And his life from perishing by the sword.
Job 33:17-18 (NKJV)

There they cry out, but He does not answer, Because of the pride of evil men.
Job 35:12 (NKJV)

His rows of scales are his pride, Shut up tightly as with a seal;
One is so near another That no air can come between them;
They are joined one by another, They stick together and cannot be
Job 41:15-17 (NKJV)

The wicked in his pride persecutes the poor; Let them be caught in the plots which they have devised.
For the wicked boasts of his heart's desire; He blesses the greedy and renounces the Lord.
Psalms 10:2-3 (NKJV)

For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips, Let them even be taken in their pride, And for the cursing and lying which they speak.
Psalms 59:12 (NKJV)

Therefore pride serves as their necklace; Violence covers them like a garment.
Psalms 73:6 (NKJV)

The fear of the Lord is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverse mouth I hate.
Prov 8:13 (NKJV)

And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, The beauty of the Chaldeans' pride, Will be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.
Isaiah 13:19 (NKJV)

You're on the right track for proving that christianity is the world's #1 religion for secreting atheism (Shults, Iconoclastic Theology). Eddington is about as delirious as John wailing away with quill and parchment on Patmos, but does get close: "The mind-stuff is not spread in space and time." So whatever Eddington is calling here 'mind-stuff,' Derrida has already addressed. What Derrida calls 'trace' is more original than god.

'When Derrida employs the name of God, or reads a story that involves God, it is to show that even the supposedly indivisible is divisible and that whoever says I am, confesses that he is mortal. Such radical atheism follows from the thinking of the trace that informs Derrida's writing from beginning to end.

The structure of the trace entails that everything is subjected to the infinite finitude of time and consequently that God himself is "an effect of the trace." It follows that any notion of God as a positive infinity is contradicted from within by the spacing of time, which cannot be appropriated by religion. As Derrida writes in "Faith and Knowledge," the spacing of time "will never have entered religion and will never permit itself to be sacralized, sanctified, humanized, theologized." '
(Haegglund, Radical Atheism, p. 143)
His logic doesn't make any sense though. No thing can be eternal. God is no thing.

No problem. America was founded as a Christian nation, so that's what we should be.
Actually, it wasn’t. America was founded starting around 1776. And our Constitution was ratified just before 1790. The reality is that America was started in a way specifically to avoid having any state religion.

If you’re saying that when this land was first settled by Europeans, our history was one very much based on Christianity, I say that’s a different statement of fact. And I believe it is much more accurate.

No problem. America was founded as a Christian nation, so that's what we should be.
Actually, it wasn’t. America was founded starting around 1776. And our Constitution was ratified just before 1790. The reality is that America was started in a way specifically to avoid having any state religion.

If you’re saying that when this land was first settled by Europeans, our history was one very much based on Christianity, I say that’s a different statement of fact. And I believe it is much more accurate.

America was founded with Biblical principles especially "free will" and individualism, and her laws are based on the Bible. That is a fact. It may not have been founded specifically as a Christian nations, but is was one in everything but name.

Here's the thing about that. I belong to a pretty great religion that is also a very active social community.

But, I neither want nor need to make a case for it.

That seems strange to me but of course that is your prerogative. If its so great, I would want to shout it out to the world.

But, not to put too fine a point on it, the ONLY reason to make a case for your religion is to sell it to someone else

Jesus told his disciples too Forth and make disciples of all nations, teaching them all he has taught.

So yes, we are called to bring Christ to the world.

Its not "selling" but rather bringing freedom to the captives of sin and darkness

Sounds exactly like Amway.

Mocking Jesus. Always a crowd pleaser with the Marxists and the Fascists, but generally not with good Americans

And what is your secret religion?

Mocking Jesus. Always a crowd pleaser with the Marxists and the Fascists, but generally not with good Americans

And what is your secret religion?

No secret at all, I'm Jewish.

I thought that would be obvious from my avatar.

And no, before you ask, you can't join.

Wow. And you mock us as we go out of our way to defend you. How pleasant.

I don't mock your faith. You believe what you want to believe.

I do mock your ham-fisted sales techniques, rightfully so.

If accepting your sales pitch is a condition of your continued defense, I'm sure I can live without it.

Every post of yours in this forum is a LIE.
You definitely have no business in THIS thread.
You willingly embrace pure evil.
This^ is how I know I'm doing good work here. I love it when you guys get so triggered.

Forum List

Back