Here’s a sob story about a college%educated professional who can’t support his four kids without the enchanted government child support

4. Winston has defended elderly with modest incomes having to pay tax because.….drum roll…..much of that is coming out of their IRA, from earned income that they never paid tax on! How DARE an old person not pay tax on earned income! HOWEVER, he has no problem with the professional earning $150,000 paying no tax on HIS income.

5. See the hypocrisy? Winston makes excuse after excuse for an affluent family being excused from paying tax on their six-figure income, while demanding that Granny, getting by on $40k or $50k, be part of the population that has the tax burden.

6. Finally, think of the discrepancy in numbers depending on whether we are talking about workers or elderly. Workers get forgiven their taxes on incomes well into the six-figures - someone even posted an IRS page that showed couples up to $400,000 get a tax break - while the tax laws regarding the elderly is down to the $25,000 level, at which point SS is taxed.

The end.

Last edited:
In that case specifically you may be onto something. I've just seen conservatives use that line of reasoning a million times. "Well if they didn't want X they shouldn't have Y." It's a rationalization that lacks empathy. Sometimes that's appropriate, but not every time.
Maybe some say that, but the fact remains that the poor welfare mothers, with three or four kids by age 25, and with mediocre intelligence and no skills, ARE getting lots of government assistance, and that really isn’t in question.

What IS in question is the money being provided to six-figure families with a college-educated professional at the helm. Right now, because BBB didn’t pass, thank G-d, the payout reverts to the pre-Biden amount. They still get some.

I actually think the cut-off for the government help should have a lower cut-off, perhaps $60,000 or so if the purpose is, as liberals claim, to get children off poverty. If that’s the goal, why did liberals expand the benefit to families with an incime of $150,000? That is far, far from poverty.

The current reality is that every jerkoff who writes code and is being paid way above his or her pay grade thinks they can afford a big house in the suburbs with all the accoutrements.
Yes, how dare people think they can work for a living AND enjoy living in a nice place. We should all enjoy being wage slaves for the one percent.

Hmmmm.. This sounds more emotional than related to the thread topic. Who decides they're paid above their pay grade? Or that they're all jerkoffs? Did someone who writes code run off with your wife in another life?

Naw, an Indian girl took his job once. Please don't get him started on Indian workers... and damn...

That post was not emotional at all; it's based on the reality of capitalism and the race to dominate the Smart Device market.
From Reagan and on were the days of the Business Visa flood when 3,000,000 programmers were put out to pasture.
Prior to Trump putting the kabash on Business Visas, not one parent I know would allow their kids to take programming courses until they took all of their science course, such as math, physics, electrical and mechanical engineering, because these parents and their kids know that as soon as the dust settles, their careers as coders is over.

I'd say close to 100% of programmers were not developers (sucked) and when they lost their careers, had nothing to fall back on.
To be honest, H1-Bs are sought because they're dirt cheap and work 24/7.
The unfortunate fact is that when they get their Green Cards they are laid off and wind up getting minimum wage jobs.
They consider going back to India worse than committing suicide.

Yes, yes, we know you are still angry over that..

Maybe some say that, but the fact remains that the poor welfare mothers, with three or four kids by age 25, and with mediocre intelligence and no skills, ARE getting lots of government assistance, and that really isn’t in question.

What IS in question is the money being provided to six-figure families with a college-educated professional at the helm. Right now, because BBB didn’t pass, thank G-d, the payout reverts to the pre-Biden amount. They still get some.

I actually think the cut-off for the government help should have a lower cut-off, perhaps $60,000 or so if the purpose is, as liberals claim, to get children off poverty. If that’s the goal, why did liberals expand the benefit to families with an incime of $150,000? That is far, far from poverty.
So you legitimately and wholeheartedly support some level of social safety nets for the poor? I agree that a family making 60k doesn’t need welfare. That's totally livable. I don't think the public owes people a middle class living. You have to work for that.

Actually, it kind of is. You guys have been singing this song since Reagan whined about Welfare Queens that didn't exist. We spend FAR more on middle class entitlements for white people (about 2.5 TRILLION for Social Security, Medicare, Veteran's Benefits, Unemployment, Child Tax Credits) than we do on poverty relief for poor people (About 400 billion for SNAP, Section 8, TANF, WIC, etc.) The biggest poverty program is Medicaid, which spends far more keeping middle class granny in a nursing home than taking care of the insurance needs of the working poor.

And why is that a bad thing? Six figures isn't that impressive. A mortgage on a three bedroom house in the burbs is about 24,000 a year. That's just the mortgage. Then you have taxes, expenses, transportation, etc.

Maybe because we think that it's better to have parents at home with the kids than working a job and having to hire a day care worker. Especially in this day in age with Covid and day care centers becoming petri dishes to spread more Covid (TRUMP PLAGUE) variants.

So you legitimately and wholeheartedly support some level of social safety nets for the poor? I agree that a family making 60k doesn’t need welfare. That's totally livable. I don't think the public owes people a middle class living. You have to work for that.
Yes. We are in total agreement.

The problem is that most liberals want to elevate the low-income to a middle-class lifestyle, claiming that poor people are very bit as “deserving” of granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. (I am pulling from a real-life example, in which liberals in my county objected that the subsidized housing had cheaper finishes.)

This problem gets compounded because trying to give low-income people enough of other people’s money to bring them up to the middle class lifestyle drives inflation - and it is borne by the middle class who EARNED that lifestyle.

Another factor is that it takes away incentive. If we give low-income so much that they live a comfortable middle-class life, where is the incentive to go to college or vocational school and aquire a valuable skillset?

Yes, how dare people think they can work for a living AND enjoy living in a nice place. We should all enjoy being wage slaves for the one percent.

Naw, an Indian girl took his job once. Please don't get him started on Indian workers... and damn...

Yes, you self-hating piece of shit, I am angry that you ruined her life.
You should check up on her but you don't have the balls to have her slap you in the face for using her.

Yes. We are in total agreement.

The problem is that most liberals want to elevate the low-income to a middle-class lifestyle, claiming that poor people are very bit as “deserving” of granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. (I am pulling from a real-life example, in which liberals in my county objected that the subsidized housing had cheaper finishes.)

This problem gets compounded because trying to give low-income people enough of other people’s money to bring them up to the middle class lifestyle drives inflation - and it is borne by the middle class who EARNED that lifestyle.

Another factor is that it takes away incentive. If we give low-income so much that they live a comfortable middle-class life, where is the incentive to go to college or vocational school and aquire a valuable skillset?
A lot of poor people struggle because they're bad at managing the money they have. Ever been in a gas station and watched weary poor people blow all of their money on lottery and beer? That's why I don't think we should give them money at all. Cheap government housing to combat homelessness and a public food program are all that we need. If a roof and food isn't good enough they can shove it in my opinion.

Yes, you self-hating piece of shit, I am angry that you ruined her life.
You should check up on her but you don't have the balls to have her slap you in the face for using her.
I have that leftist on ignore. What happened? Did he get someone pregnant and bail?

My experience has been different. I have a lot of friends among the Indians with whom I've worked. Most of them I know are great human beings, hard working, and highly skilled.
This was one of Trump's top issues on which he ran.

I presume you don't live in NY, NJ or Florida.
Pershing, the clearing house for DLJ, hired the best ones individually but the banks hired them by the contractor where they threw 50 or more into a project that required 10 truly talented people.
It took them at Citibank from 2001 to 2010 to create a web page that displayed a Savings Account; it was embarrassing.
I worked with one that I really liked at Salomon Smith Barney; most of the others were not Brahmans and weren't allowed to speak.

I would have moved but I had parents to take care of.
The interesting thing is that before YouTube disabled the Dislike Option, every Microsoft solution posted by an Indian had 99% Dislike because their video never solved the problem.

A lot of poor people struggle because they're bad at managing the money they have. Ever been in a gas station and watched weary poor people blow all of their money on lottery and beer? That's why I don't think we should give them money at all. Cheap government housing to combat homelessness and a public food program are all that we need. If a roof and food isn't good enough they can shove it in my opinion.
Again, we agree. I have seen low-income people be given a big cash infusion - someone I know got $10,000 in stimulus money last January, and they used it to catch up on their back rent and other unpaid bills, and the remainder to pay off their credit card balance.

Here we are, a year later, and they are back in the same spot. They are behind in rent, and their credit card balance is back up. They will get around $12,000 this month (what they call a refundable tax credit, but it’s really just welfare since they pay no taxes), and just watch: by next fall, they will be behind again.

I have that leftist on ignore. What happened? Did he get someone pregnant and bail?
He's a product of Shitcago and blames Whitey for everything while he lives his philandering life.
I know many self-hating, money loving people like him who say Whitey is holding down the human race even though the Darkies outnumber us 1,000,000 to 1.
By the way, his brilliant Indians are so good at programming that India pays the horrible Jews in Israel to produce all the code for their military equipment.
It's funny that India is so advanced that they are sending us their "Best And Brightest".
He has never checked back with any of them after they got their Green Cards.
Indians with Green Cards have the highest foreclosure rate in the NYC vicinity.

Again, we agree. I have seen low-income people be given a big cash infusion - someone I know got $10,000 in stimulus money last January, and they used it to catch up on their back rent and other unpaid bills, and the remainder to pay off their credit card balance.

Here we are, a year later, and they are back in the same spot. They are behind in rent, and their credit card balance is back up. They will get around $12,000 this month (what they call a refundable tax credit, but it’s really just welfare since they pay no taxes), and just watch: by next fall, they will be behind again.
My wife and I earn way too much for that much of a stimulus.

My wife and I earn way too much for that much of a stimulus.
I was talking about a “lowish” income couple in their 20s, already with three kids and planning on two more. The comment was in response to another poster saying that low-income people can’t manage money well, and thus should be given direct help rather than money, and I used this couple as an example to agree with that.

He's a product of Shitcago and blames Whitey for everything while he lives his philandering life.
I know many self-hating, money loving people like him who say Whitey is holding down the human race even though the Darkies outnumber us 1,000,000 to 1.
By the way, his brilliant Indians are so good at programming that India pays the horrible Jews in Israel to produce all the code for their military equipment.
It's funny that India is so advanced that they are sending us their "Best And Brightest".
He has never checked back with any of them after they got their Green Cards.
Indians with Green Cards have the highest foreclosure rate in the NYC vicinity.
Is he one of those liberals who have said antisemitic things? I seem to recall that, but there’s so many of them that it’s hard to keep track.

This thread simply proves how great Medicare and social security are and why they should be strengthened. Without them seniors are stuck. These programs enable them to survive since wages in america aren't anything to be excited about for 90 percent of the population.

I was talking about a “lowish” income couple in their 20s, already with three kids and planning on two more. The comment was in response to another poster saying that low-income people can’t manage money well, and thus should be given direct help rather than money, and I used this couple as an example to agree with that.
Whoever attacked you for your opinion has zero value to their argument.
The kids today in their 20s and lower 30s "know" the world owes them everything.
My wife's cousin's son is 31 with a Masters in Math.
He is up to his 3rd startup and whenever I ask him how he is applying his skill to his jobs he can't answer me.
As I inferred yesterday, his parents only allowed him to take programming courses after getting his BS in math.
The value of anyone when they hit their upper 30s and the mad rush for web presence is over with will be evaluated by how they fit into, and work with, their team members to accomplish the goal of the industry in which they work.

Is he one of those liberals who have said antisemitic things? I seem to recall that, but there’s so many of them that it’s hard to keep track.
He wants Israel wiped off the face of the earth.
Muslims are wonderful and only upset because of Zionists.
99% of the users here know he is an asshole.

Why would I be angry when I'm making more money than ever and documenting the case for which we are suing the software company that provided us with a suite that didn't do 70% of what our Industry requires?
Yep...the prototype had the screens and reports....but not the code.
Yep...purchasing this piece of H1-B garbage wasn't my decision.

He wants Israel wiped off the face of the earth.
Muslims are wonderful and only upset because of Zionists.
99% of the users here know he is an asshole.
Thanks. I put him on ignore a while back, and his antisemitism was probably the reason.

Sidebar: But don‘t you find it ironic how liberals keep saying how bigotry is despicable and blacks are oppressed are so free with expressing their bigotry toward Jews?

Forum List

Back