Here’s the answer.

Hey 1%. I love your idea. I have a plan, I will run my business (I do own one) and pay 100% of my profits to my new employee!!!!!!!!!!! My wife. Thanks for 0% taxes no matter how much I make.

I know you will love it when big corps are making even bigger profits for their CEO's. Grats, you once again made the poor pooer and the rich vastly more wealthy!

So your employee expenses exceed gross taxes and fees?

If you have an employee that works for 10$ an hour, and there is 2$ in taxes... that's 12$ an hour.... Now 10 employee's would be 960$ a day.

Under your costs of 22.50$ an hour (if I remember correctly) 1,800$.

Now lets just say 10 employee's work 1 shit a day for 30days a month.

Ooooor, I could raise rates on customers by about 120% seeing as not only did you double my payroll you also took all the deductions away... So, you were saying prices wouldn't go up? Tell me more about this, I just can't see it because you know, I can do math and all.

54,000$ payroll a month no taxes!
VS
28,800$ payroll a month with taxes!

Now lets do that by 1 year.....

648,000$
VS
345,600$

Now, if you know anything about business, you know that payroll is usually the highest cost you have, more than inventory/rent/energy.... So you took by far the most $ cost and doubled it. Even with no taxes added you bankrupted 85% (yes I made that up but I would prolly be surprisingly correct) of all business's in the US that have a staff outside of owner operated.

My Payroll will be around 190,000k this year, jumping to 400,000k would mean I fire every single employee and downsize.

But it doesn't cost you anything because you get to use magic money and deduct the wages you pay from your taxes. The fact that all your other tax deductions and/or subsidies will disappear at the same time is irrelevant, because you still have magic money.

\
Not that I don't think Min Wage doesn't need to go up but this would be a shock to the system that would be catastrophe,

How about legit business expenses? Of Course those need to be written off.

Not sure what that means. But I do think we ought o computer COLA's based on the PRE CLINTON system of computing CPI.

If that were done Social Security recipients would be owned a staggering amount of repayments for the GRAND THEFT this system really has become since the 90s

Proce controls are almost always bad idea ..except perhaps in times of WAR or I(REAL) national emergency.

Nixxon tried that, ya know?

It blew up in everybody's faces.

Sure it would be a shock to the system. Almost every American would receive an increase in pay and business would pay zero taxes and fees.

Price controls are also good with huge business subsidies.

Why not eliminate the need for subsidies by eliminating the price controls.

My bad. The object of this thread is to post the stupid and unworkable ideas, not the ones that make sense.

If you have an employee that works for 10$ an hour, and there is 2$ in taxes... that's 12$ an hour.... Now 10 employee's would be 960$ a day.

Ooooor, I could raise rates on customers by about 120% seeing as not only did you double my payroll you also took all the deductions away... So, you were saying prices wouldn't go up? Tell me more about this, I just can't see it because you know, I can do math and all.

VS

648,000$
VS
345,600$

Now, if you know anything about business, you know that payroll is usually the highest cost you have, more than inventory/rent/energy.... So you took by far the most $ cost and doubled it. Even with no taxes added you bankrupted 85% (yes I made that up but I would prolly be surprisingly correct) of all business's in the US that have a staff outside of owner operated.

My Payroll will be around 190,000k this year, jumping to 400,000k would mean I fire every single employee and downsize.

But it doesn't cost you anything because you get to use magic money and deduct the wages you pay from your taxes. The fact that all your other tax deductions and/or subsidies will disappear at the same time is irrelevant, because you still have magic money.

Well.... Payroll is already a deduction so 1% has no case. He simply claims at 22.5$ you pay no "extra" taxes. Reality is as I said, even with taxes 1% wants to double payroll. My higher paid employee's are 20-25$ an hour, but low is 10$.

Now 1% wants to make the people at 25$ an hour just slightly over min wage... and as common sense would dictate, shortly after this massive pay raise across the nation, there would be mass UE or prices on all goods would double. Meaning the economy either crashes into an unfixable depression with in a month's time (maybe less) or prices adjust quickly making 22.5$ an hour equal to the old min wage. Still not dealing with everyone who just got their paycheck demoted if they were above the 22.5$. I do mean everyone, even at 60$ an hour, you would have to get a 15$ raise to be making what you used to make.

\
Not that I don't think Min Wage doesn't need to go up but this would be a shock to the system that would be catastrophe,

Not sure what that means. But I do think we ought o computer COLA's based on the PRE CLINTON system of computing CPI.

If that were done Social Security recipients would be owned a staggering amount of repayments for the GRAND THEFT this system really has become since the 90s

Proce controls are almost always bad idea ..except perhaps in times of WAR or I(REAL) national emergency.

Sure it would be a shock to the system. Almost every American would receive an increase in pay and business would pay zero taxes and fees.

My bad. The object of this thread is to post the stupid and unworkable ideas, not the ones that make sense.

I know! We'll nationalize the oil companies and redistributre their obscene profits to minimum wage workers! Yeah, that's the ticket. Power to the people!

I know! We'll nationalize the oil companies and redistributre their obscene profits to minimum wage workers! Yeah, that's the ticket. Power to the people!

Whats that progressive country that does that? Liberals love them, despite all that Co2 they help the world create to kill us all with global warming.

\

Which 'price controls' caused the need for the hundreds of billions in subsidies for the oil companies and the big box stores?

Which 'price controls' caused the need for the hundreds of billions in subsidies for the oil companies and the big box stores?

What?

It doesn't matter how much minimum wage is. Minimum wage workers will always be on the bottom rung.

In the 60's, a minimum wage worker was able to support a family. I'm correcting for the obvious 'screwing' the middle-class received.

In 1969 the minimum wage was $1.60/hr, which works out to just over $3000 a year. I know for a fact that it is possible to survive on less, even today. You just have to live without cable TV and eating steak every night.

Minimum wage is 77% of what it was in the 60's , that fact is inescapable. Now , obviously that tells us a correction would be around $10, not $22.50 or whatever else the OP can think of.

In the 60's, a minimum wage worker was able to support a family. I'm correcting for the obvious 'screwing' the middle-class received.

In 1969 the minimum wage was $1.60/hr, which works out to just over $3000 a year. I know for a fact that it is possible to survive on less, even today. You just have to live without cable TV and eating steak every night.

Minimum wage is 77% of what it was in the 60's , that fact is inescapable. Now , obviously that tells us a correction would be around $10, not $22.50 or whatever else the OP can think of.

Factor in the increase cost of food, housing, and transportation.

I really love the way everyone tosses out numbers for Min wage as tho the numbers mean the same EVERYWHERE in the 50 states. Cost of living is a very LOCAL parameter. Ther are 2:1 or 3:1 differences in rent, utilities, insurance even healthcare --- People who propose Flat solutions to setting wages are true amatuers at economics and oblivious of the diverse choices in location...

Same deal for setting COLAS and safety nets...

Fact: 80% of the population lives within 200 miles of water. Why don't you create an algorithm to calculate the differences in 'rent, utilities, insurance even healthcare'.

Good Luck!

Hey 1%. I love your idea. I have a plan, I will run my business (I do own one) and pay 100% of my profits to my new employee!!!!!!!!!!! My wife. Thanks for 0% taxes no matter how much I make.

I know you will love it when big corps are making even bigger profits for their CEO's. Grats, you once again made the poor pooer and the rich vastly more wealthy!

Under your costs of 22.50$ an hour (if I remember correctly) is 1,800$ a day.

Now lets just say 10 employee's work 1 shift a day for 30days a month.

VS

648,000$
VS
345,600$

What about workers comp?

VS

648,000$
VS
345,600$

There is no 'magic money'. I'm giving what conservatives wanted in the first place...No Taxes for Business!

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years.

New one!

-Subsidize all business with less than 200 employees the difference (if any) all taxes and fees vs total employee expenses.

Last edited:
Wow a real econ genius. Let's say you have a company with 199 employees. How likely are you to grow and add personnel?
Libs can't think beyond Step One.

Wow a real fucking econ genius. Let's say you have a company with 199 employees. How likely are you to grow and add personnel?

You a lib?

The answer is; You create a separate company.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years.

-Subsidize all business with less than 200 employees the difference (if any) all taxes and fees vs total employee expenses.

There's not much hope for the middle class of the US.

Historically, price freezes do not work.

Historically, price freezes do not work.

They've never been done like this.

Factor in the increase cost of food, housing, and transportation.

That IS factoring in the increase in costs of everything, do you not understand simple economic principles?

Wow a real fucking econ genius. Let's say you have a company with 199 employees. How likely are you to grow and add personnel?

You a lib?

The answer is; You create a separate company.

Illegal. A company that is owned by the same entity as another cannot separate its workers for the purposes of avoiding regulation. If that were so, companies would already be doing that to avoid the mandates of Obamacare.
You're not terribly informed here.

Regardless the many recommendations that we might propose, in the end they are bandaids.

The United States was a viable economy all to its own before we started shipping jobs overseas and swinging the gates wide open to illegal immigration.

Immigration is fine, but a nation should monitor it so that the people who are already citizens can compete fairly for the jobs at hand and be paid their worth. That worth, in the free market, is determined by supply and demand...something every capitalist can understand.

It was when big business, government and others began playing with this formula that the playing field became unstable, and good paying jobs began to disappear.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back