Here’s the answer.

Regardless the many recommendations that we might propose, in the end they are bandaids.

The United States was a viable economy all to its own before we started shipping jobs overseas and swinging the gates wide open to illegal immigration.

Immigration is fine, but a nation should monitor it so that the people who are already citizens can compete fairly for the jobs at hand and be paid their worth. That worth, in the free market, is determined by supply and demand...something every capitalist can understand.

It was when big business, government and others began playing with this formula that the playing field became unstable, and good paying jobs began to disappear.

Free of any government regulation businesses would be free to hire whomever they like, including illegal aliens

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years.
So you plan is to:
Raise minimum wage to $23.50 which would increase business expenses, eliminate business tax deductions which would also increase expenses, and freeze their prices.

In labor intensive businesses such as food service, agriculture, and personal services, operating costs of many if not most of these business would exceed revenues since you would be freezing prices. These businesses would disappear along with the jobs they provide, obviously not a good idea.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years.
So you plan is to:
Raise minimum wage to $23.50 which would increase business expenses, eliminate business tax deductions which would also increase expenses, and freeze their prices.

In labor intensive businesses such as food service, agriculture, and personal services, operating costs of many if not most of these business would exceed revenues since you would be freezing prices. These businesses would disappear along with the jobs they provide, obviously not a good idea.

I'm fairly certain the OP would also dictate that said companies operate at a loss and then offer them a government bailout.

Insanity

So you plan is to:

I'm fairly certain the OP would also dictate that said companies operate at a loss and then offer them a government bailout.

Insanity

I concur.

And I am a "Leftie". Well, mostly.

:D

So you plan is to:

Insanity
If it moves, tax it. If it still moves, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.

So you plan is to:

Insanity

I concur.

I'm fairly conservative, but believe SOMETHING needs to be done to address the fact that more and more Americans are sliding into financial obscurity, but damn just making up dollar amounts helps no one. If you're going to raise the minimum wage all the way to $23.50 per hour, you may as well make it $100.

Personally the more I think about it , the more I believe that a four step process is needed.

1. Set a minimum wage of $12 an hour
2. Change to a national sales tax of 10% on all retail purchases rather than an income tax
3. Mandate a balanced federal budget every year. If you don't have the money, tough shit. Now that doesn't mean the government can't carry debt, it just means that they better be able to pay their monthly obligations on that debt with their income without raising taxes. Same as you or I run our family budget, we have debt, but not more than we can afford.
4. Tell those who don' step 2 to shut up. No tax system is "fair"

-Subsidize all business with less than 200 employees the difference (if any) all taxes and fees vs total employee expenses.

There's not much hope for the middle class of the US.

Wow, it sounds even dumber now than it did when you started the thread. I think that is because, despite the fact that multiple people have posted arguments against your position, you haven't come up with a single argument to defend it.

Last edited:

-Subsidize all business with less than 200 employees the difference (if any) all taxes and fees vs total employee expenses.

There's not much hope for the middle class of the US.

Historically, price freezes do not work.

They've never been done like this.

Except when they were.

So you plan is to:

Insanity

He already did.

Insanity

I concur.

I'm fairly conservative, but believe SOMETHING needs to be done to address the fact that more and more Americans are sliding into financial obscurity, but damn just making up dollar amounts helps no one. If you're going to raise the minimum wage all the way to $23.50 per hour, you may as well make it $100.

Personally the more I think about it , the more I believe that a four step process is needed.

2. Change to a national sales tax of 10% on all retail purchases rather than an income tax
3. Mandate a balanced federal budget every year. If you don't have the money, tough shit. Now that doesn't mean the government can't carry debt, it just means that they better be able to pay their monthly obligations on that debt with their income without raising taxes. Same as you or I run our family budget, we have debt, but not more than we can afford.

The first step is properly identifying the causal factors of the problem. Since your 4 step process assumes that you already know that, it starts from an invalid position.

So you plan is to:

Insanity

I concur.

I am too, but there are a lot of ideas from the Left, that just aren't doable and this is one of them. A business will not operate if it can't show a profit and if a business disappears so do all jobs that business provides. This should not be that difficult to comprehend.

Last edited:

Insanity

I concur.

Indexing minimum wage to inflation is a good idea. It's already being done in 10 states and should be done nationally. Doing so would settle the issue once and for all. Then we wouldn't have to fight over the issue year after year.

Minimum wage is 77% of what it was in the 60's , that fact is inescapable. Now , obviously that tells us a correction would be around $10, not $22.50 or whatever else the OP can think of.

Factor in the increase cost of food, housing, and transportation.

That IS factoring in the increase in costs of everything, do you not understand simple economic principles?

The post was written in response to wages.

Wow a real fucking econ genius. Let's say you have a company with 199 employees. How likely are you to grow and add personnel?
Libs can't think beyond Step One.

You a lib?

The answer is; You create a separate company.

Illegal. A company that is owned by the same entity as another cannot separate its workers for the purposes of avoiding regulation. If that were so, companies would already be doing that to avoid the mandates of Obamacare.
You're not terribly informed here.

Walmart is FIVE separate companies to avoid regulation.

Regardless the many recommendations that we might propose, in the end they are bandaids.

The United States was a viable economy all to its own before we started shipping jobs overseas and swinging the gates wide open to illegal immigration.

Immigration is fine, but a nation should monitor it so that the people who are already citizens can compete fairly for the jobs at hand and be paid their worth. That worth, in the free market, is determined by supply and demand...something every capitalist can understand.

It was when big business, government and others began playing with this formula that the playing field became unstable, and good paying jobs began to disappear.

No such thing as a free market - The market is highly manipulated.

There is no such thing as supply and demand - Again, manipulated.

Free of any government regulation businesses would be free to hire whomever they like, including illegal aliens

Free of government regulation, or a BushCo turning it's collective head on enforcement, we have 2007-2008.

So you plan is to:

You forgot '-Subsidize all business with less than 200 employees the difference (if any) all taxes and fees vs total employee expenses.'

The cost of doing business wouldn't increase. Supply costs are capped, taxes are differed/subsidized for employee costs, and with added monies spent in the economy business would increase.

So you plan is to:

Insanity

So you plan is to:

Insanity

I concur.

They called me insane when I owned the first marketing company to see-through wrap buildings. We all know how that worked out.

They called me insane when I called for an all-out of the markets in August, 2007. We all know how that worked out.

So you plan is to:

Insanity

Insanity

I concur.

They called me insane when I owned the first marketing company to see-through wrap buildings. We all know how that worked out.

They called me insane when I called for an all-out of the markets in August, 2007. We all know how that worked out.

Please explain.

You a lib?

The answer is; You create a separate company.

Illegal. A company that is owned by the same entity as another cannot separate its workers for the purposes of avoiding regulation. If that were so, companies would already be doing that to avoid the mandates of Obamacare.
You're not terribly informed here.

Walmart is FIVE separate companies to avoid regulation.

Yet they have to comply with Obamacare. Seems to refute your point pretty conclusively, s0n.

Forum List

Back