Hello everybody

Hello, I don't generally like liberals but for now reserve judgement as I make some exceptions every now and then. So, getting forward to knowing more about you and I hope you can be one of those exception people. :)

An older friend of mine lived during the era of FDR but he was only about eight years old when Pearl Harbor happened ... but he remembers the day he remembers the image of the strong and confident FDR speaking on the television.
:welcome: FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Your friend must have been part of the 1%...

As of May 1941, the National Association of Broadcasters estimated that there were only 7,000 television sets in operation, with 5,000 of them in the metropolitan area of New York City compared to 50 in Chicago [ 8 ]. The Day The Commercials Started

Television Programs in 1941 - Television Obscurities

www.tvobscurities.com/articles/tv_programs_1941/

:welcome: FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Your friend must have been part of the 1%...

As of May 1941, the National Association of Broadcasters estimated that there were only 7,000 television sets in operation, with 5,000 of them in the metropolitan area of New York City compared to 50 in Chicago [ 8 ]. The Day The Commercials Started

Television Programs in 1941 - Television Obscurities

View attachment 643723
My bad he was actually in a candy store and he heard the message over the radio not the television.

What is this idea that Franklin Roosevelt was a bigot about? I question those saying that. It was the Americans who fought the Nazis after all. The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum website says America did more to save Jews than any other country during World War II.

We look at the Soviet Union and America... over 1 million Jews fought for these countries on the battlefield at least 500,000 in the Soviet union I believe over half 1 million on the American side either way the number is absolutely huge. That’s the message to the fascists... that’s the message to the racist... America stands for liberal values that’s why I believe that the father of the nation is in a sense Franklin Roosevelt.

Roscoe Brown the Tuskeegee airmen and African-American who heroically served his country in World War II ....would go on in the 1990s to praise FDR as a great American. He said Roosevelt did positive things for African-Americans. So I stand by what I say proudly.

let me say this to those this form critical of Franklin Roosevelt. Well surely you still admire the American soldier and the American man and woman of World War II. If one does one can also see the American citizen supported Franklin Roosevelt he was the most popular president that ever existed. He stood for the working man. He stood up for the middle class

When Franklin Roosevelt died a working man saw his funeral train passing by and started crying, another man said to the crying man why are you crying sir did you know FDR. The man said no I did not but he knew me.

and the biggest of all FDR serves as an inspiration to disabled men and women who are Told that they aren’t good enough and that they can’t make it. Well FDR serves as The greatest example that if you put your mind to something you can accomplish anything. Very powerful stuff. And it shapes the core viewpoints of a lot of Democrats and GOP of American history.

Well that’s another thing for me....There’s a lot of negativity going on in America from both sides so we need more positive stories. Stories of the inspiration from the American past can lift up conservatives and liberals. And we could learn a lot from the men and women of the World War II era. It’s not just about FDR it was a teamwork between the politicians and the American citizen in that era that helped America to win World War II in my opinion.

Hi. I’d like to talk about modern events. I enjoy talking about history. Nice to meet everybody here. I consider myself a liberal, as you can imagine my greatest political hero is FDR. The man who led us through World War II. Im a Democrat but I don’t agree with what a lot of Democrats are doing today.. they’re getting away from the values of the great Americans like FDR and LBJ.

I have a forward to having conversations with folks here.
fdr is the worst scumbag to ever soil the Oval Office.

Forum List

Back