Hello everybody

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
Hi. I’d like to talk about modern events. I enjoy talking about history. Nice to meet everybody here. I consider myself a liberal, as you can imagine my greatest political hero is FDR. The man who led us through World War II. Im a Democrat but I don’t agree with what a lot of Democrats are doing today.. they’re getting away from the values of the great Americans like FDR and LBJ.

I have a forward to having conversations with folks here.

Hi. I’d like to talk about modern events. I enjoy talking about history. Nice to meet everybody here. I consider myself a liberal, as you can imagine my greatest political hero is FDR. The man who led us through World War II. Im a Democrat but I don’t agree with what a lot of Democrats are doing today.. they’re getting away from the values of the great Americans like FDR and LBJ.

Do you have any relation to Moderate Citizen?

welcome, I think.

Can't say I agree with you about FDR, but that's for a different forum.

Welcome to the Jungle
a1621c7aa39257e3e787859ec8b6547d.jpg

Severe depressions last a relative short time......His was endless misery

Welcome

New faces and yet the same story line…

Well this isn’t Cheers and let me warn you this is a DSA underground board with love for Uncle Joe… Stalin…

Kidding and welcome or am I kidding?

Mod Edit: Zone 1. No insults, please

Welcome. My Mother loved FDR.
That’s wonderful. An older friend of mine lived during the era of FDR but he was only about eight years old when Pearl Harbor happened ... but he remembers the day he remembers the image of the strong and confident FDR speaking on the television.

Well the way I see it ... the Nazis tried and they failed because they can’t win when they are facing off against the allied forces. That’s another thing that I like unity of history the unity of the allied powers, the Soviet, the British the Americans the Chinese working together as brothers it’s something that I admire.

Franklin Roosevelt defines America for me. And he is loved by Republicans and Democrats. Ronald Reagan cited FDR as his hero. Franklin Roosevelt is consistently voted by Americans as a top three president of all time alongside Abraham Lincoln and George Washington.

Finally I want to say I do my best to respect opposing viewpoints. Here’s the thing I peacefully say that FDR was the greatest American but if people have opposing viewpoints that’s all good. So I try my best with my messages to be respectful and polite.

As for the criticism of Franklin Roosevelt. I disagree with it. Well we look back to the 1940s bigotry was a worldwide issue. America had segregation issues but we were probably the most liberal country in the world at that time. Look at what Japan was doing to the Chinese people. Slavery was legal in Ethiopia. The British empire was criticized for misdoings in India. The Soviet union was criticized for misdoings in Poland and in other places. But it was America under the guidance of Franklin Roosevelt but also great union leaders such as Walter Reuther who led America to becoming the strongest country in world history. Our Economy and military is number one because of the Democrats the great Democrats like LBJ and Franklin Roosevelt. That picture of American greatness it’s a picture of Franklin Roosevelt. FDR also serves as a hero to disabled people. When I was in the hospital recovering from a horrible horrendous injury. Doctors telling me I might not ever walk again .....I had moments of inspiration where I cried because of Franklin Roosevelt and the American men and woman who stood up for the Allied cause . And also my faith in Jesus. It was all good tears very motivational. Let me tell you something we have nothing to fear but fear itself. Franklin Roosevelt and Jesus got me through my injury and they continue to get me through my injury.

There’s a lot of issues in America. The coronavirus, our economy taking a downswing. But we got through the great depression because of Franklin Roosevelt and the work of Democrats and Republicans. Republicans like Wendell Willkie the GOP front runner in 1940 who worked with Franklin Roosevelt. That’s something that Americans can learn from today Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, and Barack Obama find a way to work together.

I would say that my main motivation for my modern-day political stances is without a doubt the American men and women of the 1940s and what they stood for In the greatest war of all history.... World War II.

Welcome to USMB, FranklinRoosevelt_FTW. Hope you enjoy the boards.

Ahhh the 2nd worst tyrant in American history.
I assume that means you support tyranny as long as it is your cult. Which makes me assume you are a federal supremacist.. and all decent minded people know federal supremacists are the stupidest people on earth.
You will fit right in with the rest of them.
Welcome!

I am a bit suspect of anyone who views FDR as a hero. What he did to the Japanese Americans during WWII was disgraceful. That aside, WELCOME to the USMB family. We are a dysfunctional family but that doesn’t stop too many people here.

Forum List

Back