Health care workers fired over vaccine mandate awarded $10 million in settlement

Really? Kill them? :rolleyes:
A business should be able to fire whoever they want for whatever reason. Period.

In general I would agree with you.

Of course whether we like it or not some things are protected, like race. You can't fire somebody because you don't like the color of their skin. If it was up to me I would do away with the 1964 Civil Rights Act and not have protection because of race or other things covered in the Act. I think that is stupid. As employer I should be able to hire and fire whoever I want and the government should stay out of it.

But the door is open for protection. That ship has already sailed.

So how far does protection go? If protection can't be none then at least I think protection should be few and far between.

Being jabbed seems to be reasonable to me to be one of the very few.

I also don't think you should be allowed to be fired for activities you do outside of work that has no connection to your job. Remember when some employers were firing employees when they posted pro Trump or anti BLM stuff on their social media?

Here in Florida I can't be fired because I legally carry a firearm in my vehicle to work. I think that is good protection by the law.

I am blaming every fucking Mask Hole and Vax Idiot.

But if you are vaccinated what are you worried about? If someone chooses to not get vaccinated against polio and they end up paralyzed by it, that's on them. They made a choice and have to deal with the consequences of that choice. It doesn't affect people who choose to be vaccinated.

If someone goes sky diving and their parachute doesn't open I don't get pissed off at them for it. I might think they are stupid for jumping out of a plane but Im not angry at them.

I am an employer.
And have been since 1987.
And Indiana is a no fault employer, so yes we can fire anyone for any reason unless we have written otherwise in an employee handbook.
But we cannot violate people's civil rights.
We cannot fire someone because they are black or gay. Why not? We should be able to fire anyone for any reason right?
See how that works?

Well, if I were king for a day anti-discrimination laws would only apply to the Govt, since that is all the Constitution says they apply to.

But since the courts do not agree with me there is a list of things a person cannot be fired for. Religion is on there, getting a shot is not.

In general I would agree with you.

Of course whether we like it or not some things are protected, like race. You can't fire somebody because you don't like the color of their skin. If it was up to me I would do away with the 1964 Civil Rights Act and not have protection because of race or other things covered in the Act. I think that is stupid. As employer I should be able to hire and fire whoever I want and the government should stay out of it.

But the door is open for protection. That ship has already sailed.

So how far does protection go? If protection can't be none then at least I think protection should be few and far between.

Being jabbed seems to be reasonable to me to be one of the very few.

I also don't think you should be allowed to be fired for activities you do outside of work that has no connection to your job. Remember when some employers were firing employees when they posted pro Trump or anti BLM stuff on their social media?

Here in Florida I can't be fired because I legally carry a firearm in my vehicle to work. I think that is good protection by the law.
That is very reasonable.

I am an employer.
And have been since 1987.
And Indiana is a no fault employer, so yes we can fire anyone for any reason unless we have written otherwise in an employee handbook.
But we cannot violate people's civil rights.
We cannot fire someone because they are black or gay. Why not? We should be able to fire anyone for any reason right?
See how that works?

There's a difference there. You dont choose to be black or white or gay or straight. (Though I guess you can choose to not hire someone because they are white or straight, but that's for another time) You do get to choose whether to get vaccinated or not, and the employer should get to decide whether he employs people who make certain choices. No different than you should be able to not hire people with "fuck you" tattooed on their forehead.

There's a difference there. You dont choose to be black or white or gay or straight. (Though I guess you can choose to not hire someone because they are white or straight, but that's for another time) You do get to choose whether to get vaccinated or not, and the employer should get to decide whether he employs people who make certain choices. No different than you should be able to not hire people with "fuck you" tattooed on their forehead.

Or people that smoke, even off duty. I knew a guy 30 years ago that worked for the local fire Dept and they could be fired for smoking if they were found to have done it, even off duty.

VICTORY for all Americans is coming!

Illinois health care workers who were fired or otherwise impacted by their hospitals' COVID-19 vaccine mandate will receive a $10 million settlement after filing a lawsuit challenging the rule.

"Let this case be a warning to employers that violated Title VII," Mat Staver, founder and chairman of Liberty Counsel, the group behind the lawsuit, told the Washington Examiner. "It is especially significant and gratifying that this first classwide COVID settlement protects healthcare workers."

The case centers around workers at NorthShore University HealthSystem, who filed a lawsuit in October 2021 claiming their employer illegally refused to grant any religious exemptions to a COVID-19 vaccine mandate.

The settlement approved in the Illinois Northern District Court will result in 473 employees of the system becoming eligible for compensation for being denied a religious exemption to the vaccine mandate, with any of those fired as a result of the rules being eligible for $25,000. The 13 plaintiffs involved in the suit will be eligible for an additional $20,000, while those who complied with the mandate to keep their jobs despite having religious objections will be eligible for $3,000.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/healthca...ion-settlement

The Covid virus fried what few brain cells you nitwits possess, didn’t it?

still should be one's choice, my body my choice, remember

When infection from your body effects my body, no it’s not your choice nitwit.

Using your logic, that means if I feel you are to close to me or my family with your infected ass. I have every right to shoot you from a safe distance, and then set your infected carcas on fire to sterilize the area.

Right, Mr. my choice?

No. It doesn't work that way.
What if an employer said everyone should go to church, or you can't work here?
Or any other 1000 things.
An employer isn't God. He/She has to follow laws in the country they are in.

Last edited:
A former Washington State football coach is suing the state of Washington for wrongful termination, he filed for a religious exemption and was terminated. It will be interesting to see how that case goes. I expect a lot of these lawsuits will come up.

No, just the absolute idiocy of the anti-vaxx movement and people who think their ignorance is just as valuable as a public health official's expertise. As the previous poster said, polio's coming back, as are a lot of other preventable diseases. This is just sheer idiocy and people celebrate it.
A public health official who has leftist bias is not anyone I would ever listen to. There is plenty of unbiased information available for people who use their brains to figure things out for themselves and make their own personal decisions. So who is the real idiot?

Forum List

Back