Health care cost to exceed 25k in 2016

OK, I've seen this before. We're talking past each other because we're using subtly different definitions of force.

VIOLENCE, that's the actual word you used and I think we quite similarly understand that word.

I've read somewhere that dishonesty sometimes leads to poor memory, so be careful.

Did you not read the rest of the post?

Did you not read the rest of the post?

I did:

I hear ya. Generally speaking, resorting to violence to achieve your ends represents a 'failure of the imagination'.

No one resorted to violence [/point]

Passing laws to force others to bend to you will is what I'm referring to as 'resorting to violence'. If you don't like that characterization, change it to "resorting to [passing laws to force others to do as you wish] represents a 'failure of the imagination'."

Passing laws to force others to bend to you will is what I'm referring to as 'resorting to violence'.

Well then your referring is wrong.

People are going along with this law, not because they are actually, physically forced to, but because at it's core having proper insurance is not nearly as objectionable as your hyperbole would have one believe.

Last edited:
Passing laws to force others to bend to you will is what I'm referring to as 'resorting to violence'.

People are going along with this law, not because they are actually, physically forced to, but because at it's core having proper insurance is not nearly as objectionable as your hyperbole would have one believe.

Sure, most people think it's a good idea. That's why it became law. I get that. What I question is their right to force their views on the rest of us.

As CATO put it, Obamacare made inexpensive insurance illegal.

Because there were reasons why it was cheap. Obamacare lays down STANDARDS insurance companies have to meet, most significant ones that can drive up the price are not controversial/

Garbage.....

Besides being beyond retarded, they simply took options away from people.

Many people are paying a tax now because they can't afford the combination of high prices with high deductibles.

Oh, wait...you don't think those deductibles are controversial.......brought on by these retarded standards.

Good to know you don't like choice.

Horse crap.

Most people are really not bothered by the law...yet.

There is no hyperbole associated with his claims.

It's just that it is restricted to a few.

Many of those impacted by it, hate it.

Oh, and let's forget about how many of us couldn't keep the doctors we were told we could keep.

This thing was sold on a litany of lies.

Oh, and let's forget about how many of us couldn't keep the doctors we were told we could keep.

Oh stop it, doctors routinely changed the list of insurances they take and insurance companies routinely changed and dropped plans they offered, all well before AHCA.

Sure, there was some restructuring and changes in the market place that caused a bit more turnover than usual (and how could it not as the system is changing), but now righties are pretending like Obamacare invented those.

Pleads about Obama promising you something and under-delivering are seriously hilarious coming from people that reflexively reject anything he says.

Horse crap.

You say horsecrap...but immediately follow up with agreement with what I'm saying.

People weren't forced and are going along with the law because it's makes some sense and not as objectionable as conservatives would have one believe.

...they simply took options away from people.

Many people are paying a tax now because they can't afford the combination of high prices with high deductibles.

Oh, wait...you don't think those deductibles are controversial.......brought on by these retarded standards.

So millions of people that now have healthcare coverage because of Obamacare are actually victims, jailed by the Obamacare shackels, earning for their god-given freedom to not be able to get or afford healthcare insurance and the ever important freedom to be insta-bankrupted by the next serious medical emergency. :rolleyes-41:

And of course, we should not forget how Obamacare forces people to pay a tax in absence of healthcare coverage and takes away the freedom of people to pay nothing into the system that is obligated to bail their irresponsible ass when medical sht hits the fan. IT'S HORRIBLE!

I like choice, but unfortunately people, without choice, are inhabitants of bodies that often require expensive medical attention. So the choice is between forcing nudging them to have that liability covered, or letting them die or suffer because they can't afford that medical help. I'm just not an animal enough to accept the later as a good choice here.

Last edited:

Love how the right have a big problem with healthcare spending all of a sudden. For decades the healthcare industry has been screwing people out of money left right and center and the right reveled in it. Now there's Obamacare, they all of a sudden hate it.

Obama's going to announce an effort to cut down on this corruption, so it might actually go DOWN.

Oh stop it, doctors routinely changed the list of insurances they take and insurance companies routinely changed and dropped plans they offered, all well before AHCA.

Sure, there was some restructuring and changes in the market place that caused a bit more turnover than usual (and how could it not as the system is changing), but now righties are pretending like Obamacare invented those.

Pleads about Obama promising you something and under-delivering are seriously hilarious coming from people that reflexively reject anything he says.

Yes, we've heard that time and time again.

But the fact is that our liar and chief with all his minions were out spouting this same crap to sell this POS.

If they knew this was the case why were they out lying their asses off ?

Horse crap.

You say horsecrap...but immediately follow up with agreement with what I'm saying.

People weren't forced and are going along with the law because it's makes some sense and not as objectionable as conservatives would have one believe.

Try again.

Your claim was it was overwhelmingly accepted.

It has been overwhelmingly ignored.

Big difference.

So millions of people that now have healthcare coverage because of Obamacare are actually victims, jailed by the Obamacare shackels, earning for their god-given freedom to not be able to get or afford healthcare insurance and the ever important freedom to be insta-bankrupted by the next serious medical emergency. :rolleyes-41:

And of course, we should not forget how Obamacare forces people to pay a tax in absence of healthcare coverage and takes away the freedom of people to pay nothing into the system that is obligated to bail their irresponsible ass when medical sht hits the fan. IT'S HORRIBLE!

I like choice, but unfortunately people, without choice, are inhabitants of bodies that often require expensive medical attention. So the choice is between forcing nudging them to have that liability covered, or letting them die or suffer because they can't afford that medical help. I'm just not an animal enough to accept the later as a good choice here.

It is amazing you can type this with a straight face. You sound as stupid as AirInHead.

Millions of people who now have insurance they can't use at the expense of many who can't afford the insurance.

Nudging....ROTFLMAO.

Love how the right have a big problem with healthcare spending all of a sudden. For decades the healthcare industry has been screwing people out of money left right and center and the right reveled in it. Now there's Obamacare, they all of a sudden hate it.

Obama's going to announce an effort to cut down on this corruption, so it might actually go DOWN.

How has the healthcare industry been "screwing" people ?

Obamacare isn't healthcare spending.

We spend 8,500 per person per year...more than anyone else.

All the Obamabots could do was bleat this ad nauseam.

Years later and that hasn't changed one bit.

But the previous system sucked !

And the current system is no better.

Why would you say that? They are the beneficiaries, at least in the short term. It's the people looking for alternatives to corporate health insurance who are being punished by ACA.

Also, though it's probably worth its own thread, the freedom to fail is vital to a free society.

Yes, we've heard that time and time again.

But the fact is that our liar and chief with all his minions were out spouting this same crap to sell this POS.

If they knew this was the case why were they out lying their asses off ?

Look I know to you this is all some flaming personal sht with Obama, but to adults in the room what matters at the end of the day are actual merits of policy.

AHCA is not a good or bad policy because of something about Obama.

Last edited:
It is amazing you can type this with a straight face. You sound as stupid as AirInHead.

Millions of people who now have insurance they can't use at the expense of many who can't afford the insurance.

Nudging....ROTFLMAO.

Can't use insurance they have? Whatever do you mean by such nonsense?

Can't afford insurance? Again, it's hard to say wtf are you talking about. Obamacare VERY SPECIFICALLY strives to make sure people can afford insurance:

It expands Medicaid coverage to those making 100-130% of poverty level (minus states where Republicans rejected it)
It provides income-scaled subsidies all the way up to 400%
It prevents discrimination based on pre-existing conditions
It makes sure that young adults can stay on their parent's insurance until they are 26 (or get employment)
It caps all out-of-pocket medical costs to 10% of your income.

So certainly it is not generally true that Obamacare is not helping Americans get affordable insurance and it's not clear who exactly you are talking about that still can't afford insurance given all these affordability provisions in the law, but even if you somehow fall through the cracks and end up in a position of not being able to afford insurance the law allows the waiver of mandate tax .

Last edited:

Nudging....ROTFLMAO.

Can't use insurance they have? Whatever do you mean by such nonsense?

Can't afford insurance? Again, it's hard to say wtf are you talking about. Obamacare VERY SPECIFICALLY strives to make sure people can afford insurance:

It actually doesn't. It simply subsidizes it. That's a subtle, but important, difference. ACA provides temporary relief for some, but it doesn't do anything to lower health insurance rates or, more importantly, health care prices.

Forum List

Back