Headline: Donald Trump Says He's Too Rich to Put Up $90 Million Bond

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Nope, this isn't a parody thread. This is the real deal. Trump is claiming he is too rich here. I remember back in 2015, when he claimed he was so rich he would be funding his own campaign. We all know how that claim went south. Yet, Trump's own lawyers are arguing this would "make it impossible to secure and post a complete bond."

Trump has been arguing about an 'unconstitutional,' 'violation of his Eighth Amendment right against excessive fines." That sounds a bit redundant .. any violation of a right, is by itself unconstitutional. But I digress.

This is not some real estate deal, or Branding negotiation. This is about law and order. This is about no one citizen being above the law, and penalties fitting the circumstances, the particulars.

Trump's lawyers floated the offer in court papers asking the state's mid-level appeals court for an order preventing New York Attorney General Letitia James’ office from enforcing the $454 million judgment while his appeal plays out. Trump would have to post the full amount to pause collection automatically.

James' office opposes Trump's plan, saying his lawyers have all but conceded he has “insufficient liquid assets to satisfy the judgment.”

“These are precisely the circumstances for which a full bond or deposit is necessary,” Senior Assistant Solicitor General Dennis Fan wrote, saying Trump's offer would leave James' office and the state “with substantial shortfalls” if the verdict is upheld.

“A prevailing plaintiff is entitled to have her award secured, and defendants have never demonstrated that Mr. Trump’s liquid assets could satisfy the full amount of the judgment,” Fan wrote.

Three:

Trump decided to take on America's government and now he's going to have to backpedal until he becomes government himself.
Unfortunately for Trump the life of America's war against Russia is much more vital to America's future then his!

Now it's a question on whether Trump can regain power in time?

If anybody decides to take on American government, they better have nuclear weapons in their pockets to even the playing field.

Nope, this isn't a parody thread. This is the real deal. Trump is claiming he is too rich here. I remember back in 2015, when he claimed he was so rich he would be funding his own campaign. We all know how that claim went south. Yet, Trump's own lawyers are arguing this would "make it impossible to secure and post a complete bond."

Trump has been arguing about an 'unconstitutional,' 'violation of his Eighth Amendment right against excessive fines." That sounds a bit redundant .. any violation of a right, is by itself unconstitutional. But I digress.

This is not some real estate deal, or Branding negotiation. This is about law and order. This is about no one citizen being above the law, and penalties fitting the circumstances, the particulars.

Three:

The reality is he hasn't got it.

Stupid isn't a good look on you.
provisions of the verdict make it impossible for the former president to secure a bond for the full amount.

Trump once claimed Mar-a-Lago was worth around a billion dollars.

If that actually was the case, banks would be lining up to let him use Mar-a-Lago as collateral to secure a loan of half that amount.

They're not.

Mar-a-Lago's perceived value was that Saudis and Chinese and Russians knew they had to funnel big money through it in order to buy off the GOP and buy classified documents. Once Trump is in jail, that value is gone completely.

no, you jumped to a conclusion.

I've read that poster before. It was an error.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Donald Trump is unable to post a full bond while he appeals a $454.2 million judgment that a judge imposed in New York state's civil fraud case against him, and wants instead to secure a $100 million bond, his lawyers said on Wednesday.

Trump is appealing a Feb. 16 decision by Justice Arthur Engoron of the state court in Manhattan,

Trump once claimed Mar-a-Lago was worth around a billion dollars.

If that actually was the case, banks would be lining up to let him use Mar-a-Lago as collateral to secure a loan of half that amount.

They're not.

Mar-a-Lago's perceived value was that Saudis and Chinese and Russians knew they had to funnel big money through it in order to buy off the GOP and buy classified documents. Once Trump is in jail, that value is gone completely.

The Saudis didn't do any such thing. They think Trump is a moron. They respect the office of the presidency, not Trump.

Forum List

Back