He Was Democrat Target For Assassination....But Still Won't Roll Over

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Full Disclosure: I haven't put on Fox News since they stabbed Trump in the back, so my source is the article I'm about to quote.

1. A Democrat tried to assassinate a bunch of Republicans,.....and did a job on Steve Scalise.....but he recovered. Nothing new, since
every presidential assassin in the history of the nation has been a liberal- or has not been associated with a political outlook- none were right-wingers.
But it appears it didn't faze Scalise.

2. "Asked by Chris Wallace if election was stolen, GOP Whip Steve Scalise answers with the truth
Wallace specifically asked Scalise whether he personally buys the former president’s claims and whether he believes these claims from Trump may perhaps be undermining American democracy.
“Clearly there were irregularities in the last election; there are irregularities in all elections. I want to ask you a specific question: Do you think the 2020 election was stolen from Donald Trump?” he said.

3. Scalise responded by, interestingly enough, relitigating the past election and drawing attention to the sliver of states that he believes had during the 2020 election failed to abide by constitutional law.

“If you look at a number of states, they didn’t follow their state-passed laws. That’s what the United States Constitution says. They don’t say the states determine what the rules are; they say the state legislatures determine …,” he said before being cut off.

4. “But the states all certified,” Wallace interjected.

“But they didn’t follow those legislative rules,” Scalise promptly fired back."

5. And now, from the Law of the Land,....

“McPherson v Blacker

Under the second clause of Article II of the Constitution, the legislatures of the several States have exclusive power to direct the manner in which the electors of President and Vice President shall be appointed. Such appointment may be made by the legislatures directly, or by popular vote in districts, or by general ticket, as may be provided by the legislature. If the terms of the clause left the question of power in doubt, contemporaneous and continuous subsequent practical construction has determined the question as above stated. The second clause of Article II of the Constitution was not amended by the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments, and they do not limit the power of appointment to the particular manner pursued at the time of the adoption of these amendments, or secure to every male inhabitant of a State, being a citizen of the United States, the right from the time of his majority to vote for presidential electors. A state law fixing a date for the meeting of electors, differing from that prescribed by the act of Congress, is not thereby wholly invalidated; but the date may be rejected and the law stand. “
McPherson v. Blacker, 146 U.S. 1 | Casetext Search + Citator

It appears that the Constitution only applies to Republicans.

Full Disclosure: I haven't put on Fox News since they stabbed Trump in the back, so my source is the article I'm about to quote.

1. A Democrat tried to assassinate a bunch of Republicans,.....and did a job on Steve Scalise.....but he recovered. Nothing new, since
every presidential assassin in the history of the nation has been a liberal- or has not been associated with a political outlook- none were right-wingers.
But it appears it didn't faze Scalise.

2. "Asked by Chris Wallace if election was stolen, GOP Whip Steve Scalise answers with the truth
Wallace specifically asked Scalise whether he personally buys the former president’s claims and whether he believes these claims from Trump may perhaps be undermining American democracy.
“Clearly there were irregularities in the last election; there are irregularities in all elections. I want to ask you a specific question: Do you think the 2020 election was stolen from Donald Trump?” he said.

3. Scalise responded by, interestingly enough, relitigating the past election and drawing attention to the sliver of states that he believes had during the 2020 election failed to abide by constitutional law.

“If you look at a number of states, they didn’t follow their state-passed laws. That’s what the United States Constitution says. They don’t say the states determine what the rules are; they say the state legislatures determine …,” he said before being cut off.

4. “But the states all certified,” Wallace interjected.

“But they didn’t follow those legislative rules,” Scalise promptly fired back."

5. And now, from the Law of the Land,....

“McPherson v Blacker

Under the second clause of Article II of the Constitution, the legislatures of the several States have exclusive power to direct the manner in which the electors of President and Vice President shall be appointed. Such appointment may be made by the legislatures directly, or by popular vote in districts, or by general ticket, as may be provided by the legislature. If the terms of the clause left the question of power in doubt, contemporaneous and continuous subsequent practical construction has determined the question as above stated. The second clause of Article II of the Constitution was not amended by the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments, and they do not limit the power of appointment to the particular manner pursued at the time of the adoption of these amendments, or secure to every male inhabitant of a State, being a citizen of the United States, the right from the time of his majority to vote for presidential electors. A state law fixing a date for the meeting of electors, differing from that prescribed by the act of Congress, is not thereby wholly invalidated; but the date may be rejected and the law stand. “
McPherson v. Blacker, 146 U.S. 1 | Casetext Search + Citator

It appears that the Constitution only applies to Republicans.
Actually, the Constitution applies only to constitutional conservatives; many Republicans find the Constitution as abhorrent as do the Democrats.

Forum List

Back