Have you ever been rude to a fast food worker? This current experience highlights a cultural failing....

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013

I have found myself losing patience with window workers at McD's and other similar places. Sometimes over language barriers, sometimes over wrong orders or missing items.....but I usually restrain myself. What kind of person takes fast food so seriously that they would actually threaten a minimum wage paid foodservice worker? Can we stereotype this behavior?

What does it say about us as a culture?

JO

Last edited:

I have found myself losing patience with window workers at McD's and other similar places. Sometimes over language barriers, sometimes over wrong orders or missing items.....but I usually restrain myself.
What kind of person takes fast food so seriously that they would actually threaten a minimum wage paid foodservice worker? Can we stereotype this behavior?

JO

Thankfully not yet. As you suggest, they make min. wage and as long as an issue is corrected, why should I humiliate myself by losing my cool?

I always show respect for those that step up and work for their living whether they are at McDonalds or the Bank or the grocery store.... and I give leniency for people who may be having a bad day...
That being said I could never work serving burgers to the type of jerks we have in public today... I've seen people so mad at McDonalds I thought a fight was about to happen.... I could never put up with that treatment...

Living in a small town keeps folks in line... lose it at some kid at a fast food restaurant and the whole town hears about it....
The big city gives folks cover to be total assholes....

I have found myself losing patience with window workers at McD's and other similar places. Sometimes over language barriers, sometimes over wrong orders or missing items.....but I usually restrain myself. What kind of person takes fast food so seriously that they would actually threaten a minimum wage paid foodservice worker? Can we stereotype this behavior?

JO
I've never been rude to the low wage worker who handles my food.

I believe all of these transactions are on video record as is the waiting line of cars...that means the local police could easily use license plate and face pic to find such a person. A threat of violence amounts to a form of A&B.

JO

All I am going to say about that is that if a person responsible for the food you are about to eat pisses you off ...
Walk or drive away ... Because otherwise you have no idea what you might be eating in the near future.

JO
Fortunately, I don't eat that "food."

I am way too strict.

But, yeah. It's bullshit to act like that.

You guys must put of “tool” energy cuz I never have rude service. At times wait is long due to staffing but rude workers is probably a reaction to your actions. IMHO.

Fast food isn't cheap anymore.
So get my F'in order right!!
R.bdf077b40aeb19b83c781db54291fad6

I rarely eat fast food, and lately I rarely go out to eat. They are all humans that have good and bad days, so I give them leeway because we never know what others are going through.

My wife got her ass chewed by a window clerk at a fast food place last week because she did not tell them about a discount coupon she had at the time she ordered the food. She presented it when she paid for the food. Evidently that is a big no-no that she didn't know about mainly because we don't get fast food very often and almost never use coupons.

The clerk was quite rude to her.

My wife got her ass chewed by a window clerk at a fast food place last week because she did not tell them about a discount coupon she had at the time she ordered the food. She presented it when she paid for the food. Evidently that is a big no-no that she didn't know about mainly because we don't get fast food very often and almost never use coupons.

The clerk was quite rude to her.

Oh!!
The horror.....the horror....

Forum List

Back