Have the beatitudes been largely forgotten?

What you hear is a bunch of "Christian" hypocrites who get mad if you suggest they follow the words of Christ.

What you hear is a bunch of "Christian" hypocrites who get mad if you suggest they follow the words of Christ.
The Beatitudes, it is said, begin in poverty and end in persecution. There are those who insist blindly and vehemently that they are following the words of Christ by persecuting true Christians and shedding their blood in rivers.

The Beatitudes, it is said, begin in poverty and end in persecution. There are those who insist blindly and vehemently that they are following the words of Christ by persecuting true Christians and shedding their blood in rivers.
True Christians? What the hell is that?

The Sermon on the Mount is the cornerstone of Christianity. Not paul or timothy, or some cherry-picked quotes from the old testament, without the rest of it, I might add. The assholes who do this never even follow Leviticus or Deuteronomy.

People like the cult Southern Baptists have no Sermon on the Mount. This is why I don't consider them to be Christians. What is known as "liberation theology" is merely following the Sermon on the Mount. Christianity does not provide any foundation for right-wing politics, yet some people are trying to twist it to do so. People like frankie graham are not Christians.

Boy are you ever dead wrong.

The Sermon on the Mount is the cornerstone of Christianity. Not paul or timothy, or some cherry-picked quotes from the old testament, without the rest of it, I might add. The assholes who do this never even follow Leviticus or Deuteronomy.

People like the cult Southern Baptists have no Sermon on the Mount. This is why I don't consider them to be Christians. What is known as "liberation theology" is merely following the Sermon on the Mount. Christianity does not provide any foundation for right-wing politics, yet some people are trying to twist it to do so. People like frankie graham are not Christians.

Not sure where you're getting your information but the true cornerstone of Christianity is belief in Christ as Lord and Savior. That and only that makes someone a Christian.
Heck there are Baptists who believe Catholics are not Christian....... They're as wrong as you are.

Not sure where you're getting your information but the true cornerstone of Christianity is belief in Christ as Lord and Savior. That and only that makes someone a Christian.
Heck there are Baptists who believe Catholics are not Christian....... They're as wrong as you are.
I agree with part A of your post, Part B, no. Nobody is as wrong as Lysistrata.
Oh crap! I forgot about JoeB131! The King of Wrong!
So I guess I was wrong. :dunno:

The Sermon on the Mount was a command for people to lie prostrate before Rome.

you mean 4th century christian bible, messiah - idol worship.

what the events of the 1st century were are the foundations for the true religion from the Almighty. not the crucified religious itinerant the 4th century misrepresents.

what the events of the 1st century were are the foundations for the true religion from the Almighty. not the crucified religious itinerant the 4th century misrepresents.
If you say so......... :rolleyes:

If you say so.........
tell all christian what is the religion of your book - prior to the 1st century. that remains.

If you say so.........
tell all christian what is the religion of your book - prior to the 1st century. that remains.
Go ahead zealot.

Forum List

Back