Have Republicans failed to consider the consequences of their actions?

Sandy Shanks

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2018
The bill Trump signed to prevent a second government shutdown did not contain funds for Trump's wall. Trump then declared a national emergency and is attempting to go around Congress to get the funds Congress did not appropriate for his wall.

It appears as though the resolution to halt Trump's declaration of a national emergency will pass easily in the House. A number of Republicans agree that there is no national emergency and the resolution is expected to pass in the Republican Senate.

According to reports, however, there are not enough Republicans voting for the measure to override the expected Trump veto. What does that mean? It means the majority of Republicans in Congress are voting to limit the powers of Congress.

I watch a minimum of one hour of Fox News daily. Fox is euphemistically called the Trump Network because it is pro-Trump. For the past ten days as this resolution is heading for a showdown this week I have not heard one Republican address this issue. We keep hearing what Democrats say, but Republicans are mute about restricting their own powers.

If they were going to say anything, at the very least, Fox would publicize their comments. Nothing.

On this and other threads dealing with Trump's wall, his fans do not touch the subject. They don't want to talk about how their Republican representatives are voting to limit their power in Congress. They won't even talk about the horrible precedent Trump would set -- that a liberal President could get his/her funding for a pet project by overriding a Republican Congress and simply declaring a national emergency.

Have Trump and Trump Republicans lost the ability to think ahead to the consequences of their actions?

Next time a democratic president takes office, expect to see a number of "emergencies" popping up. Gun violence emergencies. Climate change emergencies. White people still exist emergencies. You name it.

Next time a democratic president takes office, expect to see a number of "emergencies" popping up. Gun violence emergencies. Climate change emergencies. White people still exist emergencies. You name it.
Do you have any idea how many unilaterally declared "national emergencies" are currently in effect?

I'm aware there are quite a few.

So basically the left is making idle threats like "You better not build that wall or else we'll take away your guns and cars someday. You just wait and see. We'll get you. Yeah."

:lmao:

I cant wait till the Democraps try to use a gun emergency and usurp the 2nd amendment. With over 200 million gun owners in the US, and only 1 million military and police(who hate the Democraps) it will be open season on that one. But hey Dimwitocraps dont think, they just do, and the ends will justify the means...if you know what I mean..

So basically the left is making idle threats like "You better not build that wall or else we'll take away your guns and cars someday. You just wait and see. We'll get you. Yeah."

:lmao:

Well the democrats are obviously drifting farther and farther left (as are the republicans, amusingly). So things that would have been unthinkable in the past are now being viewed through a ... "different" lens.

I cant wait till the Democraps try to use a gun emergency and usurp the 2nd amendment. With over 200 million gun owners in the US, and only 1 million military and police(who hate the Democraps) it will be open season on that one. But hey Dimwitocraps dont think, they just do, and the ends will justify the means...if you know what I mean..

It's not really something I give much of a damn about. Except I'm 90% sure said gun owners would just give in meekly, and the remainder who tried to fight would be arrested or eradicated.

It's not really something I give much of a damn about. Except I'm 90% sure said gun owners would just give in meekly, and the remainder who tried to fight would be arrested or eradicated.
See second sentence, who is going to enforce that gun grab? You guys are such stupid twits, because you and your BLM and Antifa, have had police assassinated, and hate the military, so again, who do you think those citizens are going to side with? Dumbasses all of you...

Washington Police Chief Won’t Enforce State’s New Gun Control Laws

See second sentence, who is going to enforce that gun grab? You guys are such stupid twits, because you and your BLM and Antifa, have had police assassinated, and hate the military, so again, who do you think those citizens are going to side with? Dumbasses all of you...

No one is literally going to go around collecting your guns, genius. Give them a little more credit than that.

Most of you chuckleheads wouldn't even realize it was happening.

The bill Trump signed to prevent a second government shutdown did not contain funds for Trump's wall. Trump then declared a national emergency and is attempting to go around Congress to get the funds Congress did not appropriate for his wall.

It appears as though the resolution to halt Trump's declaration of a national emergency will pass easily in the House. A number of Republicans agree that there is no national emergency and the resolution is expected to pass in the Republican Senate.

According to reports, however, there are not enough Republicans voting for the measure to override the expected Trump veto. What does that mean? It means the majority of Republicans in Congress are voting to limit the powers of Congress.

Nope. They are voting to not interfere with a president's legal authority.

Do you have any idea how many unilaterally declared "national emergencies" are currently in effect?

Oh, so you're aware, yet seem to have no objection to the litany of the ones already existing, in lieu of huffing and puffing about how the next unilateral "emergency" proclamation could really fuck us over.

Well, dude, the horse is already out of the barn...If you were really against these declarations, then you'd be calling for an end to them all...But you're not making that case.

No one is literally going to go around collecting your guns, genius. Give them a little more credit than that.

Let me apologize.

I am sorry that you are a stupid liberal who is totally clueless about what is going on in your country. There do you feel better?

In New Jersey, the new law there bans certain weapons and magazines, thus making 10s of thousands of residents criminal. How do you suppose the Gov of NJ is going to enforce said law?

New Jersey Declares War On Its Residents: Plans Door-To-Door Gun Confiscation Campaign

They're already using what power they have to usurp the constitutional power of the Presidency, his constitutional responsibility of protecting the American people, and his statutory Presidential right to declare a national emergency.

The Second Amendment however is untouchable, no matter what the Democrats think.

Oh, so you're aware, yet seem to have no objection to the litany of the ones already existing, in lieu of huffing and puffing about how the next unilateral "emergency" proclamation could really fuck us over.

Well, dude, the horse is already out of the barn...If you were really against these declarations, then you'd be calling for an end to them all...But you're not making that case.

An emergency to me is a hurricane. Not "Oh, I'm gonna see if I can get this funding through congress, but if not I'll call an emergency to circumvent that". Which Trump came right out and said was his plan. Doesn't sound like much of an emergency. It's unusual because he openly declared that his intent was just to achieve a political goal for his base.

Fox News is rated as the most fair news network, at 50% positive/negative coverage of Trump, with the others at 93% negative toward Trump.
So the facts are that even if the House and Senate pass the Motion of Disapproval, and Trump Vetoes it, the emergency stays in effect. Trump builds his wall and Nancy pounds sand, Trump wins again.
On FXN GOP pols say they wish that Trump did not declare the emergency, but its the dems' fault for not compromising and giving Trump his $5.7b. So Trump did it the hard way. Fuck the dems and their pettiness.

Let me apologize.

I am sorry that you are a stupid liberal who is totally clueless about what is going on in your country. There do you feel better?

In New Jersey, the new law there bans certain weapons and magazines, thus making 10s of thousands of residents criminal. How do you suppose the Gov of NJ is going to enforce said law?

New Jersey Declares War On Its Residents: Plans Door-To-Door Gun Confiscation Campaign

Yeah, that link looks pretty untrustworthy. Wtf is that website even?

I watch a minimum of one hour of Fox News daily. Fox is euphemistically called the Trump Network because it is pro-Trump. For the past ten days as this resolution is heading for a showdown this week I have not heard one Republican address this issue. We keep hearing what Democrats say, but Republicans are mute about restricting their own powers.

If they were going to say anything, at the very least, Fox would publicize their comments. Nothing.

On this and other threads dealing with Trump's wall, his fans do not touch the subject. They don't want to talk about how their Republican representatives are voting to limit their power in Congress. They won't even talk about the horrible precedent Trump would set -- that a liberal President could get his/her funding for a pet project by overriding a Republican Congress and simply declaring a national emergency.

Have Trump and Trump Republicans lost the ability to think ahead to the consequences of their actions?
Obama and the Democrats took 960 billion dollars from Medicare to fund Obamacare! Now what are you screaming about?

It was already obvious that the constitution is something you don't give a damn about. Don't be so sure about your silly belief that most people would simply "hand in" their firearms. This isn't Australia or the UK and the right to bear arms isn't in their charters.

An emergency to me is a hurricane. Not "Oh, I'm gonna see if I can get this funding through congress, but if not I'll call an emergency to circumvent that". Which Trump came right out and said was his plan. Doesn't sound like much of an emergency. It's unusual because he openly declared that his intent was just to achieve a political goal for his base.
maybe we could get lucky and a illegal alien drunk could run you or your family over and kill them. Would it be an emergency then, or just another day in the US of A?

Drunk illegal who killed Tennessee mom now on ICE ‘Most Wanted’ list - WND - WND
Mother of Son Killed by Drunk Illegal Alien: 'Trump is the Change This Country Needs'
Police: Baby Due Next Month Killed By Drunk Illegal Alien
Mom of Son Brutally Killed by Illegal Alien “Disgusted” Over DACA Gridlock

Forum List

Back