Have gun will travel. States to export both their gun laws and their abortion laws.

If they prevail, they are entitled to at least $10,000 in damages,

I suppose I'll ask this again: In order to be awarded damages, you have to show that you've suffered damages.

What damages has someone suffered if someone they don't know gets an abortion?

And that is in DIRECT conflict with the 2nd Amendment, but you don't give a rat fuck because you are a damn hoplophobe. So, we go after something you DO care about and we get the legal reasoning we want.

No more than the government interest in preventing people from yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theatre that isn't on fire, violates their 1st amendment right of free speech.

And only bans weapons with their only purpose is killing another person.

Who is to stop them? As the lawyers say, this is in uncharted territory.
The current Texas law makes facilitating somebody getting an abortion after 6 weeks a crime that it's citizens can sue any abettor through civil action, with a minimum reward of $10,000

it's pretty well charted actually, and that Texas law will be moot when Texas can pass a criminal law after Roe goes bye bye. The Texas law was an end run that won't be needed after Roe is gone.

Your quoted section says exactly what I said.
:laughing0301:

They only denied a temporary injunction because the clinics had not met their burden to prove irreparable harm.

They used qui tam in order to allow it to go into effect. Without that provision, it would have been enjoined.

Like Bush V Gore (2000) ?
That went through the state court. The Florida Supreme Court ruled in favor of Gore despite the selective count being against Florida law, Bush appealed to SCOTUS that ruled selective counts were illegal under Florida law. Now if Gore had pursued a state-wide recount instead of only a few heavily democratic counties, there would have been no case for Bush to appeal. In any case, the media recount confirmed a narrow Bush victory even using the method most favorable to Gore.

No more than the government interest in preventing people from yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theatre that isn't on fire, violates their 1st amendment right of free speech.

A gun's only purpose is to propel a bullet out of a tube via an explosive detonation.

What you use a gun for has nothing to do with what a gun is.

The proposed Missouri bill, like many of the so-called "trigger laws" across the country, is anticipating a world without Roe v. Wade and the day when abortion bans are lawful, said Murray.
Good! I like it!

I suppose I'll ask this again: In order to be awarded damages, you have to show that you've suffered damages.

What damages has someone suffered if someone they don't know gets an abortion?
Not by the texas law. You just have to show that somebody abetted an abortion after the 6 week cutoff. And you can sue the abettor for his role. And if proven, you get a minimum of $10,000, plus legal fees.

The texas law doesn't require you to suffer any damages. It grants automatic standing.

With the anticipated fall of Roe V Wade, one argument is that it wouldn't outlaw abortion, because there would be liberal states still allowing it. But now states seek to apply their abortion bans to the residents who seek abortions out of state.

In March, a Missouri legislator introduced a bill that would make it illegal to "aid or abet" out-of-state abortions.

The proposed Missouri bill, like many of the so-called "trigger laws" across the country, is anticipating a world without Roe v. Wade and the day when abortion bans are lawful, said Murray.

"If abortions are no longer lawful, it is perhaps easier to justify all measures to prevent them, including prohibitions on leaving the state," she said.

P.S.

Medication Abortion Next Battleground

The use of medication abortions, which involve a two-drug protocol to end a pregnancy, is already expanding rapidly as the number of abortion providers continues to decline in states with the harshest restrictions. In the event that Roe is overturned, the ability of states to restrict access to abortion pills, including those supplied via international websites, is likely to be the next battleground.
Again, this is why Congress needs to get off their butts and do their job, since 1973 these guys have done nothing to put this issue to bed.

A gun's only purpose is to propel a bullet out of a tube via an explosive detonation.

Absolutely! I spent a couple of hours at the range this morning. The purpose of my firearms were to put holes in paper and to provide some recreational time. Nothing more.

Now if Gore had pursued a state-wide recount instead of only a few heavily democratic counties, there would have been no case for Bush to appeal.
Florida law only allowed election protests of selected election districts. Florida had no state-wide recount provisions, only a recount of the election districts being contested, on an individual basis.

Look up the definition of a "destructive device"

With the anticipated fall of Roe V Wade, one argument is that it wouldn't outlaw abortion, because there would be liberal states still allowing it. But now states seek to apply their abortion bans to the residents who seek abortions out of state.

In March, a Missouri legislator introduced a bill that would make it illegal to "aid or abet" out-of-state abortions.

"If abortions are no longer lawful, it is perhaps easier to justify all measures to prevent them, including prohibitions on leaving the state," she said.

P.S.

Medication Abortion Next Battleground

The use of medication abortions, which involve a two-drug protocol to end a pregnancy, is already expanding rapidly as the number of abortion providers continues to decline in states with the harshest restrictions. In the event that Roe is overturned, the ability of states to restrict access to abortion pills, including those supplied via international websites, is likely to be the next battleground.

I'm fine with that. Just means they would move to a state where abortions are legal and will be out of my state making more room for people with a mindset similar to mine.

See, I have my opinions on abortion but what i really don't like are the super ultra mega abortion supporters. Those people also tend to be very left sided and I'd rather not live around them or have them influence my state. So if my state made it illegal to get out of state abortions I support that because it means far lefties would move out and fewer would move in.

Again, this is why Congress needs to get off their butts and do their job, since 1973 these guys have done nothing to put this issue to bed.
Congress is not a permanent solution. What one congress grants, another congress can take away.

It's no different than one congress balancing the budget, only to have the next congress enact huge deficits. There is no stability.

A right recognized by the USSC, stays in effect for decades or longer.

Absolutely! I spent a couple of hours at the range this morning. The purpose of my firearms were to put holes in paper and to provide some recreational time. Nothing more.

Can you use a ZIP gun for target practice?

NOPE !!!!

There is so much wrong with this statement, but tell me....which guns are NOT designed for the purpose of killing other humans? List them.

You will lose this argument.

Forum List

Back